Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:46:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

I should get a plus now I'm back on the bike to work.

Cloud

Quote from: king_tubby on March 21, 2019, 01:06:49 PM
Anyone done the team change?

I shall never betray the banana republic.  Instinct4life

Twed

I changed to yellow so I could stop fighting the nearby gym with a yellow person.

kittens

just downloaded again. it's poké season baby. so many new features. i would like to receive gifts please.

kittens

king_tubby

Didn't even get out of the house during this stupid afternoon community day. Obviously was in the park LOADS during 10-1.

What's yer code, kittens?

kittens

3357 3409 5885
everybody please add me

Dog Botherer

Quote from: kittens on March 23, 2019, 07:24:28 PM
3357 3409 5885
everybody please add me

Added.

Ended up swagging 4 shiny Treeckos, pretty nice haul. Got a couple of decent ones to power up too. Lotad is next week, right?

Twed

I must have caught 80 of them. No shinies.

canadagoose

Did anyone else have bother with the speed of Pokemon Go yesterday? It was horrendously slow, and it wasn't my internet, as other sites were working OK.

Barry Admin

Sadly I'm pretty bored of PoGo. My sleeping has been terrible so I woke up at 4am and went to smash stuff in Ingress, then came home and slept through community day. There was an Ingress event on, so by the end of the day I'd done 1.2 million AP, and walked and cycled like a madman, going out again on my bike when I got home to rebuild, and do the final kilometre I needed to get the next level of my Iron Man badge (20km in one day.) But it doesn't count properly on the bike, so the two hours of cycling only counted for 1km, but that was all I needed.

I love the crazy endurance stuff. I'm lucky that a lot of insecure little pricks in the community obsessively pick on me, as it's great motivation and gives me lots to do.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Twed on March 24, 2019, 05:33:01 AM
I must have caught 80 of them. No shinies.

I was intentionally chain catching them, dunno if that makes a difference.

Barry Admin

Nope, chaining is a main game thing, not a PoGo thing.

Cloud

I flip flop between the games really.  When PoGo gets boring I switch to Ingress for a bit.  But there is one player on the other side who plays it full time (doesn't work - on some benefit or other that pays pretty well - and does nothing but playing Ingress) and loves covering the area in massive fields all the time which pisses off her own side as much as ours... when that gets a bit much, back to PoGo.

Just got L15 and now have that very daunting 16m AP to grind to get to 16, making me favour PoGo again.

Got a fair number of shinies yesterday, it's all a random numbers thing, I seem to get lucky.

Twed

It is not a fun game for me. Essentially just an OCD thing. It doesn't give me joy, it's just that I feel bad when I don't play it.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Cloud on March 24, 2019, 06:44:18 PM
I flip flop between the games really.  When PoGo gets boring I switch to Ingress for a bit.  But there is one player on the other side who plays it full time (doesn't work - on some benefit or other that pays pretty well - and does nothing but playing Ingress) and loves covering the area in massive fields all the time which pisses off her own side as much as ours... when that gets a bit much, back to PoGo.

Just got L15 and now have that very daunting 16m AP to grind to get to 16, making me favour PoGo again.

1.15 million to go here, not sure if I'll actually recurse as it is such a long slog, and I don't like to grind AP by doing fan fields and boring shit, I would only fan field for fun. I prefer the crazy endurance shit, and really testing myself.

Sadly, the toads here are utter fucking wankers. Really shit at the game, and be sure they can't compete, they play in a deliberately lame and boring way. They fully deploy (or single deploy) but refuse to link or field, so obsessed are they with trying to deny us AP. Stupid boring Neanderthal cunts, fielding is the fun part of the game, you could train a dog to go round just firing bursters. We just field away anyway, I did exactly 100 fields today, and don't give a shit that they'll be running round for days sniffing my farts.

Twed

I uninstalled Pokemon Go today. Absolutely no point in it, I'm essentially doing menial work to earn the right to look at 3D models of Pokemon. I never play when I'm walking (I find it annoying to use the phone and walk) so there's not even that.

Cloud

Haha sounds like the Frogs there are exactly the same as the Smurfs here.  Anything to deny you AP, even if it denies themselves...
Gets frustrating with this one player I was complaining about, literally following around (generally in her car) so you'll be there deploying and then watching the energy bars going down, it's like... what's the point... can't be much fun for their side either if they refuse to let us take anything.
Had a nice day out of town though with a friend doing some missions and turning things our colour.  Quite a challenge as where we went they all seem to enjoy putting 4xAegis on everything.

PoGo is mostly fun for the community / raiding side of things IMO (at least here where we get on with each other) or when they release a new batch.  I soon get bored just going round flicking balls and the normal gym battles are so boring I only bother if everything's weak or it's already ours, for the coins

Barry Admin

Barry Admin

Oh yeah, a load of the guys I know did a raid with Jonathan Ross today :-) he's Mystic, level 37 I think they said.

Cloud

Barry Admin

Thanks.

I recursed today :-D got back to L8, fucking busted, was at it all day, then out on my bike when I got the last bus home, as I needed another 35k.

Barry Admin

Evolve your Bagons during community day, don't wait until the hour after, it hasn't been working and there's a lot of issues with CD around the world today.  Not worth the risk!l Outrage is amazing.

king_tubby

Sadly too late. Damn you having to put a child to bed.

Two shinys out of about 70 caught. So not bad, not good.

Dog Botherer

Did mine in the hour after, no issues here. 4 shinies, got absolute garbage IVs all day though, very strange. Still, ended up with three Salamences, so who cares really.

popcorn

Whenever I see Pokemon these days half of them just look like BLOKES.

They should be like animals, not fucken BLOKES.

I know the old ones had those kung fu ones who were like blokes but I don't care.

It's not called BLOKEMON.

Barry Admin

PoGo is double XP for catching at the minute. Plus there's Charizards and stuff walking about for pikachu movie promotion. But if you want to level up, then a lucky egg for quad XP and go apeshit between a few lures. I wish they'd hurry up and bring out a method of going past level 40 though.

In Ingres for my second time round, I'm now back at around 9 million AP out of 40 million, so not too bad.

king_tubby

Code in for a special lures meaning you can evolve Leafeon or Glaceon, apparently. Sounds cool.

Bazooka

Rumours circulating that Pokemon Go will be compatible with Pokemon Sword and Shield, as in transferring the digimon from the APP to the pokedex.

king_tubby

Special lures in the shop and shadows on nearby. GEN 4 HYPE.