Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:48:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Yes get one evolved! Congrats, still waiting my first shiny.

Our new local gym is causing some fierce competition. As I'm still ill, I got my Mum to drive me round when I was getting some shopping, and they were feeding berries the whole time I was taking the gym down. Then they'd taken it over again by the time I got home. Bastards. My mate isn't much help, he keeps putting in trash like Farfetch'd because he wants his coins, but I'm more set on getting the gym badge gold at the minute. And these guys kick us out after an hour or two anyway, so why make it easier for them?  Pretty sure one is a spoofer, too.

I'm gonna try walking round now. There's a big fat Blissey in there, so I've finally finished putting together an anti-Blissey party, although it needs some stardust investment I think. I have an 87 Machamp from a raid, and I just used a Charge TM to get Dynamic Punch, and he already has Counter. Bonus on those fighting moves with the current weather, too. Just need to power him up now, I've got 83000 stardust and 81 candies, had been hoping to invest in a Machamp that was in the 90s to be honest, ah well.

Got my 96 Alakazam there too, already TM'd for Future Sight, and a 96 AA Scizor who needs powered up but still does work. Throwing in also some steel moveset guys, and my Exeggutor, only 67 IV but an AA moveset, and a total and utter beast.

Barry Admin

I've now done 76km with my 100% IV Exeggcute by the way, this is my second 100% IV pokey, and has been a labour of love. 7 more candies until I can evolve him, then I can begin powering him up. I have one Charged TM left, and hope I get lucky with his moveset. i caught this guy back in May when I was still pretty new, and didn't realise for months he was 100 IV.

Edit: fuck me, alright that's Machamp almost totally powered up (I'm level 31 btw), and I have 600 stardust and 9 candies left. He is 2477 CP now and I can't wait to go and wail on that fat pink fuck with him. Back in a bit!

Cloud

Our local raid group really gets anal about the "kicking each other out for coins" thing.  I'd rather just play the game as it was designed as usually if you're in a few gyms you'll get your 50 coins no bother.

Barry Admin

Yeah I know people like that, it's the reason they leave our other gym stagnant for days at a time now. I just try and be fair, but if someone is gonna kick me out an hour after I've went in one of the only two local gyms, then I'll happily go and return the favour.

That was worth every bit of stardust btw, Alakazam was already great, but my new powered up Machamp with a new charge move is a total and utter beast, especially with the weather boost. The Blissey still had about 2000 CP left, and went down in just over a minute or two. Hate Blissey, always take them down, bastards.

Any of you got a Hariyama yet? Man I want one, so cool looking. Want that ballerina (Kirlia) too, especially after reading about how useful they become when evolved.

Barry Admin

Now yellow has taken it back with a Blissey and Rhydon. Come on to fuck like. My stomach is too sore to walk back, but my Mum is bringing me a dinner round in half an hour, so I'm taking that gym back. Why can't yellow and blue walk 10 minutes to the other gym and knock us all out of it instead?  I HATE BLISSEY.

Hobo

Got my first Kyogre at the third attempt yesterday weather boosted too.

I'd been saving all my evolutions for the event, plus a lucky egg to make quadruple xp. Managed to jump from level 24 to just short of 26 in a few hours (thanks to a large stock of saved pidgies and weedles).

There's a lot of spoofers here (Grantham, Lincolnshire - they call it 'air support') but none in the next town over where I work (Sleaford) the gyms change hands regularly in both towns, I was surprised at how active the scene still is and how many people still play.

king_tubby

I'm from near Sleaford. What a shite hole.

When I go back to the village where my parents live I can be in the gym there for days. Which used to be good, but now is less good.

Hobo

Lincolnshire is has some great little villages, but by heckins the towns are all shiteholes. Stamford is alright, but dull. Grantham, Boston, Sleaford, Spalding.... is there anywhere else with so little going for it?

Barry Admin

Woohoo 23 nu 'uns

QuoteMore Pokémon originally from the Hoenn region are here!

Trainers,

Starting later today, 23 additional Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region in the Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire video games will begin appearing in Pokémon GO for the very first time. As you're out adventuring with friends and family and exploring your local neighborhoods, be sure to share your favorite moments and photos using #PokemonGO on your social media channels.

king_tubby

I was in central London today. How anyone there isn't level 40 within seconds of installing the game is beyond me.

They really need to balance locations.

Hobo

I've booked myself a fictional meeting this afternoon so I can attend my first ex-raid. Then, I got one for next week too, having only done one raid at the gym in question.

Barry Admin

Did you go? My gate got an invite for Sunday at Stormont, and he turned up 10 minutes late and missed it. Wally. Would have been his first legendary, too, and what a one to get, an absolute beast at clearing gyms, I've read.

Spent a few hours sorting out my dex, finally got a Magikarp evolved, not gonna wait for a shiny. Need the candy to power him up now:

Let's see yours?

Hobo

I did. and then got an invite for the next one too.

I Evolved my first Magikarp (helped that I moved work to an office by a river) then a week later got a shiny so I've started collecting all over again.

Hobo

I can't embed images as I'm a useless tit.

https://s14.postimg.org/iolkoq0xt/Mew.png

Seems even that link doesn't work... I'll look into it when I'm back at home.

Edit: turns out I had done it right but work computer wasn't displaying. Sorry for spam.

Barry Admin

Damn, those legendaries have all been powered up? Damn.

Barry Admin

Anyone got snow castform yet? I got really lucky today and got two spawning at my feet, so yeah, waiting for the snow to come back haha. Still can't get out on foot though.

Hobo

Is snow paired with fog? I haven't seen one yet. They don't have their own pokedex entry do they?

Barry Admin

Castform is 351 in your dex. Normal, rainy, sunny and snowy. The silhouette will still appear for the ones you need, and once caught they stay as they are. The good thing is sometimes it shows snow in the app when it's really cold as it's not totally accurate, so you may not have to actually traipse around in snow to get that elusive form.

Another community day this Saturday morning by the way with Dratinis spawning everywhere (mostly parks I believe), so I'll finally get my Dragonite if I can hopefully get out for a bit. And good chance to work on the dragon badge, I've still only got 7 dragon catches.

Barry Admin

Shit you're right, snow castform also shows during fog!

Hobo

Should make it easier to tick off.

The dragon badge should make Ray easier to catch, it's bugger to stay in the ball. I'm off to Legandary raid at 7 in town, wife plays as well plus the kids which makes it easier to make up numbers.

Barry Admin

Good luck, interested to hear how it goes. My mate is up for Saturday so even if I can't walk about, I can hopefully still get to the park. Dratini's on that day will have a special move, too, like those Pikachus last month. The local lads all seem to be making arrangements for a fun day out. I guess there's gonna be the XP etc bonus this time too? Would be good to crack an egg and get rid of my pidgey backlog with quad xp.

Barry Admin

Seems it's a stardust bonus, just? Worth cracking a star piece and catching like fuck. This park the locals are going to has a gym that is meant to give out EX raid passes, too, so fingers crossed.

QuoteDate: Saturday, February 24th

Times:
Europe, Middle East, Africa, India: 10am to 1pm UK or GMT, 11am to 2pm CET
North America, South America and Greenland: 11am to 2pm PST, 2pm to 5pm EST
Asia Pacific: 12pm to 3pm JST

Though Dratini won't have a unique move on its own, any you evolve from its second to third stage evolutions (from Dragonair into Dragonite) will learn the newly added Draco Meteor.

You can only learn this move during the three hours of the event - and must be through evolution, and not using a TM.

Hobo

Got the Ray last night, don't know if having the first Dragon type badge helped because it was first ball. Seems there is a lot of luck involved.

He was 2046 cp (84% IV) so I've now caught 5 out of 8 attempts, which is pretty solid.

Last Community day was odd but strange seeing so many people in the local park playing, all ages, and types of people. They're organising a proper get together with badges and group photos this weekend, it's really well organised, with a Raid Register whatsapp group (which is how I manage to do so many Legendary raids, easier when you know enough people will turn up and when).  However, I'd already decided to go somewhere new, so I'm meeting my brother in law and his girlfriend and I'm doing Community day in Cambridge with all the University players, should be a blast.

kittens

downloaded this again. been playing it sitting at work and in my bed. raids seem interesting but i don't know if i'm gonna be totally back into it yet or not

Barry Admin

You're not still cheating, are you? I won't even use bot scans. And I'd kill to be able to get out walking. A Hariyama spawned across the estate the other night at 12:40 and it wrecked me not being able to grab that big Kung fu shitter.

Hobo, congrats on the legendary. Can't wait for this community day, seems there's a Sliph Road badge being given out too. Stoked that I'll finally have a Dragonite, still one of the best all-rounders.

Barry Admin

What level are you now by the way? You can solo a lot of raids, tier 1 and 2 are easy, tier 3 can be a bit tougher and you need the right pokeys powered up.

Great XP from them, and the points earned go a good way towards getting that gym badge gold, which means you get more stuff when you spin it.

Try and save your coins to get the special offer boxes, great value for premium raid passes and stuff.

king_tubby

Totes jel of the legendaries in the above screenshot. It'd be nice if there was some way solo players could get their hands on them, maybe this quest code that the Silph Road nerdlingers found in the last update will allow this.

Less than 500,000 XP until level 38 now!

kittens

i'm level 24. not cheating this time. still undecided as to whether i'm going to go all in. it is fun walking about catching the pokeys but also it's cold

Hobo

Have you seen Groudon and Kyogre are coming back for a period?