Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:04:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

OH! Battle the team leaders, I think you can possibly get a stone by battling them during CD? I forgot to myself.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Barry Admin on August 03, 2019, 10:11:06 PM
OH! Battle the team leaders, I think you can possibly get a stone by battling them during CD? I forgot to myself.

just did great league 3 times in hope, no luck

Dog Botherer

been playing 23 minutes, already 4 shines. must have upped the shiny rate this time.

Dog Botherer

hang on, you mentioned the CD move being a bit crap. so what's my best play with the mountain of Ralts candy i'm building?

Cloud

Pisses me off, I keep missing community days as they can't make their minds up at what part of the month to do it, plus that one time they randomly held it on a bloody Sunday and I took my mate out on the Saturday only for nothing to appear.  (And I miss it in the news as they spam news so much I just automatically dismiss it). I was expecting around the 17th or so.  I did catch the tail end but literally just the last half hour or so... the only shiny was on my hamster's account.

On the bright side, she kindly donated it to me (she'll be repaid in treats later) and not only did it turn out Lucky, but also 91% IV and quite high CP.  So quality over quantity I guess.  Just I'd have liked all the evolutions etc

Barry Admin

Quote from: Dog Botherer on August 03, 2019, 10:36:43 PM
hang on, you mentioned the CD move being a bit crap. so what's my best play with the mountain of Ralts candy i'm building?

Get it on a few for trades and because it's a legacy move. But evolve the best outside of the CD window, or TM them to double fairy moves with Charm and Dazzling Gleam. Then use her to fuck up some Machamp raids, she's also great against Rayquaza, only serious counter to her is still Metagross with Meteor Mash. So a good defender and attacker, a rare good dual type defender worth putting in a gym. And again, anyone who tries to just punch through after a Blissey with a Machamp? They will get fucked up.

Barry Admin

14 attack...bin

TM'd to Dragon Tail, Outrage

Barry Admin

Got a good shiny Eevee with my quest, and evolved two Gardevoirs with the CD move not shown here.

Barry Admin

And I love this wee man here, not purifying him, leaving as is, novelty gym troll.

Dog Botherer

nice, finally found a Snorlax stop earlier and proceeded to get absolutely owned 5 times in a row. Lvl 35 100% Machamp and Hariyama, plus a Dragonite, vs 2 Snorlaxes and a Dragonite. closest i got was getting the final Dragonite to half health.

i'm guessing the Snorlax rocket run is one of the toughest, right? because i don't think i can put together a much stronger team than that anytime soon.

Barry Admin

Toughest one I've done so far, we were driving all over Belfast to find Ray raids, so a lot of the stops I only had one go at on the way past. This one luckily I was hitting just before a raid started, and my two Kyogres and SB Mewtwo got destroyed, so I went in with the right counters. Because my phone is so old, it takes aaaages to bring up the selection screen (and I crash in every raid lobby.)

So I struggled a bit but ended up going in with 3 level 40 pokeys; my perfect Champ first off, then after the Snorlax I had a Venusaur so sent in my 15 attack Moltres, and then I'm not sure I knew the third one was a Dragonite or not, but I sent in a double rock Smackdown TTar with 15 attack. Mamoswines with Powder Snow/Avalanche would have been much better for the Dragonite obviously, and probably better for the Venusaur as well. It was down to the last hit on the Dragonite but I got him, and really enjoy a close battle anyway.

So yeah, absolutely loving the rocket stops, really fun PVE and want to find more of these more challenging stops for sure. Also got a 98% rat which went perfect when I purified too.

Barry Admin

Looking up Rayquaza duo requirements as I'm generally too lazy to use pokebattler for simulations, look how amazing Mamoswine is:

Quote from: gamepressWow, this feels like a different boss than the first time Rayquaza came around. In its initial run, dragons were king (I guess Jynx was queen?) and it was a very difficult duo. Outrage was a very much dreaded set. Now? Outrage is still brutal, but not like it once was. The CP rebalance made this raid much easier, and the type effectiveness change switches the dominant answer from Dragons to Ice Types.

For the first time, Ice is showing its true power in the PoGo world, and it's the recently added Mamoswine that leads the way. It is so powerful that level 20 versions can theoretically duo a Ray, though the number of deaths makes this pretty impractical. Mamoswine is so good and very cheap to obtain, especially if you participated in the recent Community Day. You can get 6 weather boosted Swinub, bring them up, and have a duo ready with minimal investment. IVs don't make a material difference. Two teams of 6 0/0/0 level 30 Mamoswine can easily duo vs all movesets. There's no excuse to run this in large groups.

Ray is an absolutely trivial duo now, bloody hell. The harder duo is 6 Gardevoirs which seemingly requires a relobby, best friends bonus, and neutral weather - easier with cloudy boosting the fairy moves. And from what my friends have said, the breakpoint is level 40 15 attack, so it's quite a dust and candy investment, if you need six maxed out Gardies. Obviously I didn't get as many candies as others yesterday as I'm on crutches,  and I've already used well over 1000.

Barry Admin

Finally a good one with 15 attack! Not powering it up yet in case I get a hundo :-) still waiting my first shiny, flip sake. Only managed to do 15 - 20 so far, but it's a good incentive and has got me moving around more than I'm sure I otherwise would.

Barry Admin

Boy did I earn that! Got soaked today on the hunt for it too.

Lucky trade after, not bad.

king_tubby

I haven't even managed to do one Ray raid.

Barry Admin

I've done 23 so far, small beans to what my friends are doing. They did 15 in raid hour alone, I saw them at the end of it, with their big red sweaty faces :-D

Dog Botherer

only managed one raid so far, got a good one with 15 attack luckily. really want one of those shinies though, they look cool as fuck.

king_tubby

15 15 13 Kyogre from the research tasks this morning. New for the 'dex too. Pumping my rare candy into this motherfucker.

Hobo

Lots going on and coming up in game, new special research, another chance to catch regionals and unknowns! nd a new region to be released.

king_tubby

Indeedy. 3336 7952 7943 if anyone needs a new fwend for the first round of the new special research.

king_tubby

Heads up! You need to evolve a Feebas for the second round, and that needs you to walk one for 20km as your buddy.

king_tubby

All right there trainers, got a new phone so have stuck a baby account on the old one, can I have some fwends please?

1762 4860 1543

king_tubby

Cloud

Jammy sod.
I got a 100% Torterra the other day though so reasonably happy

Friendshipped the babby.  I did need to get around to the 'add 3 friends' thing.

Dog Botherer

nabbed a shiny Klink on my first new gen raid, fuckin nice

king_tubby

Not even seen a Klink raid, let alone got one.

Kryton

Just started this. Managed to catch a handful of pokemons without even leaving my house (not sure if my GPS is borked or what but my map keeps shifting about and letting me know that I'm a passenger in a car, when I'm basically in bed).

Not entirely sure what I'm doing but I've just reached level 5 and joined the blue team. What should I be doing now?

I've just snapped up a Mr Mime as my buddy.

king_tubby

Well for a start, don't have Mr Mime as your buddy! There's no evolution so you don't need candy for that, and it's shit at fighting/defending so you won't need to power it up either. Get something like a Magikarp there, it's 1km per candy and the evo is 400 candy, so you'll need to catch a load. And Gyarados is decent. And looks hella cool.

The GPS drift is a thing, however if it goes too far or too fast you might get a temp ban and have to spin a stop 40 times (I think) to be allowed to catch stuff again.

Barry Admin

GPS is fine. Walking a Magikarp is a great suggestion for the quest.

Appraise stuff before you bin it, and learn to curve throw. Have fun.

king_tubby