Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:06:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Botherer

still haven't even got to do one Giratina raid, pure raging because the shiny is fucking gorgeous.

king_tubby

It is, but it's bollocks in the meta so FUCK IT.

And yes, I don't have one.

Kryton

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 26, 2019, 09:43:29 PM
GPS is fine. Walking a Magikarp is a great suggestion for the quest.

Appraise stuff before you bin it, and learn to curve throw. Have fun.

What's the point in appraising by the way?

Kryton

Was just about to go to bed then a 1018 Magmar appeared. This is now my highest pokemon thus far. No idea how rare it is...

Kryton

My trainer code is: 1255 7421 0075 if anyone wishes to add me and shower me in gifts.

king_tubby

Appraising - shows you the IV (internal value) stats for your pokemon, what you're looking for is the incredibly rare 'hundo', or 15 attack, 15 defence, 15 hit points. That'll be a 4 star rating. Anything with 3 stars is worth keeping and maybe powering up for gym and raid fighting, but check on Pokemongo Hub or Silph Road or ask us to check it's actually useful. No point wasting stardust on a 'mon that's no good at fighting. Anything less than 3 star I'll bin unless it's really rare or a shiny and I want to keep it to show off.

Magmar's are quite rare in the wild, but the baby Magbys are relatively common in 7km eggs, which you get from gifts from friends...

...so accept my requests and I'll send some gifts.

Kryton

Quote from: king_tubby on October 07, 2019, 08:26:07 AM
Appraising - shows you the IV (internal value) stats for your pokemon, what you're looking for is the incredibly rare 'hundo', or 15 attack, 15 defence, 15 hit points. That'll be a 4 star rating. Anything with 3 stars is worth keeping and maybe powering up for gym and raid fighting, but check on Pokemongo Hub or Silph Road or ask us to check it's actually useful. No point wasting stardust on a 'mon that's no good at fighting. Anything less than 3 star I'll bin unless it's really rare or a shiny and I want to keep it to show off.

Magmar's are quite rare in the wild, but the baby Magbys are relatively common in 7km eggs, which you get from gifts from friends...

...so accept my requests and I'll send some gifts.

Accepted.

Dog Botherer

good early game strong pokémon to watch out for are Growlithe, Exeggcute, and Eevee. all relatively cheap to evolve, and most are still very useable mid-to-late game. Exeggutor and the Eeveelutions in particular have long term use, my go to Fire attacker is a Flareon I got in my first month, and I've only recently added a couple of Mewtwo to outstrip my legion of Exeggutors as Psychic attackers. Vapor ron is one of the best Water type attackers too.

once you have about 10 1500+CP pokémon try a few 1-star raids. great way to get some items early game, as well as picking up some shinies.

Dog Botherer

just counted, I have 18 Exeggutors, and that's after cleaning a couple of weaker ones out. bloody hell. 14 Arcanines too, and most of them redundant at this stage. really need to clean some shit out, need to stop keeping stuff just because it has 2000+ CP.

canadagoose

Quote from: Kryton on October 07, 2019, 05:36:50 AM
My trainer code is: 1255 7421 0075 if anyone wishes to add me and shower me in gifts.
I've added you now. I'm the one with the sloth!

Kryton

Quote from: canadagoose on October 11, 2019, 09:28:40 PM
I've added you now. I'm the one with the sloth!

Thanks, sent you a gift.

Kryton

I've got a nice little route with 4 gyms and about 7 poke-stops. Been cunting up the gyms on a daily basis.

Not done a raid yet though, but having fun with the game.

bgmnts

Downloaded this today to try and motivate me to get out and go for long walks (why I need motivation I do not know) so I am hoping its as engaging as that massive trend for it a while go made it out to be.

Dog Botherer

Chimchar community day, happy enough with that. have almost 400 candy stockpiled so that'll make up for missing the first hour. not a fan of these early starts.

Barry Admin

Quote from: bgmnts on October 15, 2019, 07:58:09 PM
Downloaded this today to try and motivate me to get out and go for long walks (why I need motivation I do not know) so I am hoping its as engaging as that massive trend for it a while go made it out to be.

Get out and play it this time! :-)

There's loads of new stuff to do, it's a great wee game.

Did really well at last weeks Raid Hour, I hadn't been able to raid Psystrike Mewtwo until then, and REALLY wanted a shiny. King_tubby, you asked about my leg, it's been healing slowly, but I've come along great thanks. Went mad getting that shiny Ray and then spent ages recovering, so today was my first day back proper.

But yeah, also did raid hour last week , but raided with casuals as I knew I couldn't keep pace with my grinding friends, who tap and go as soon as the battle starts. So I did about 8 raids, and got a 98% with 14 attack, very good 15 attack one, and then this:

Hatched a shiny Onix, and in the very last raid I got this:

Absolutely thrilled! He is an absolute beast! Would love to get a good, shiny Shadow Ball Mewtwo from an EX raid next :-) here's hoping.

king_tubby

Hundo Mewtwo? Well jell. Just got a lucky 91% 15 attack Drilbur on my alt though, so pretty chuffed with that.

A spooky message! Woooooooooooh! I really enjoyed this quest last year, as I was on hols in N. Yorks, and guess what? Going on hols in N. Yorks on Saturday.

Dog Botherer

double candy is real nice. unfortunate that it comes about a month after i cleaned out about 100 mons but that doesn't mean i can't do another.

Barry Admin

Keep em peeled for Litwick. Pinap em. Try and trade them - preferably for another Litwick, and in a lucky trade ideally - then bin shit ones for double candy before the event ends. Chandelure is excellent, either with double ghost moves or double fire moves. One of the best new Pokémon.

Did a Ttar due today for the first time in ages; they're trivial as fuck now. My phone is fucked and crashed in the lobby, and I didn't get into the battle until 90 seconds left. The "Best Friend" bonus kicked in, and we demolished what was left of it. Then caught it on a pinap for 40 candies, drool.

Same team as you need for Darkrai: 6 maxed out Machamps with Counter and Dynamic Punch.

Darkrai is also a good Pokémon btw. Can't be traded though, so again, bin any that are shit and don't have 15 attack before event end.

Cloud

Got me a shiny Halloween Pikachu, happy with that

Dog Botherer

now have both the 5 great curveballs in a row and 3 excellent throws in a row researches. put me out of my fucking misery.

king_tubby

Dog Botherer

i would but i desperately want a Spinda. been one of my faves since i beat emerald.

don't have a Golett yet either but i can hatch those so it'll probably get the chop.

Barry Admin

Easy to get those done on Darkrai. For great throws, the default size of the circle is great, so "setting the circle" isn't even needed. Just wait until it's apart finished its attack animation, then wind up and throw so it lands as it finishes. I got 6 excellents in a row on my first Darkrai today, 4 silver pianos and 2 golden berries. Fucker still ran. Got about 8 raids done though, we can four-man it easily. Best I got was 91% but only 14 attack, so gonna hope for better during raid hour tomorrow.

They can't be traded, so binning all the shit ones for double candy.

Shiny shuppet last night, yeooo.

king_tubby

On hols so no raids but got a shiny Sneasel so yay. Also another very decent Drilbur in the wild.

Dog Botherer

fucking love those little mole cunts

kittens

need 1 more friend for research please someone who isn't already friends with proudgrandpa give me your code

Barry Admin

kittens

3357 3409 5885 to be my friend

Barry Admin

Pissed down during Darkrai raid hour, but the hardcore groups were still out. We only did about 8-10 whereas it'd usually be 15-20. Still tap and go with most raids anyway, and covered some decent distance. Best I have now is a 14/14/15, ffs. 15 attack and that'd be perfect, a slightly lower defence stat gets your charge move up quicker. I'll keep going, catching a lot of them on pinaps so got nearly 150 candies already.

king_tubby

2 out of 2 on both accounts for my first go at Darkrai tonight. Only one decent though. 15 attack, worth concentrating on? Not that likely I'll get many more, tbh.