Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:59:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Yep, what are the other two stats? And what was the CP out of interest?

king_tubby

OK, 2116 - Calcy says 14-13-14, so I misread the appraisal.

king_tubby

Hmmm, ok, so if I have red on attack and HP on the game appraisal that's 15?

king_tubby

Ah, now Calcy is giving 15-11-15 which tallies with Blanche.

king_tubby

Colossal event ticket is go then. £7.99.

Barry Admin

Quote from: king_tubby on October 24, 2019, 08:57:51 PM
Ah, now Calcy is giving 15-11-15 which tallies with Blanche.

Yeah go ahead then, I thought 11 might have been a touch on the low side, but asked my raiding buddies, and they said go ahead. It can't be traded, so you're not gonna have the chance of getting a lucky one.

Barry Admin

Quote from: king_tubby on October 24, 2019, 10:20:58 PM
Colossal event ticket is go then. £7.99.

Yeah, really pissed off that they're asking for real money now with this, and also A/B testing with these starter boxes some people are getting as well.

The devaluation of the pokecoin has begun.

They've been showing pretty open contempt for the Ingress community the past year, and cultivating a whale-based monetisation model there. With record profits to try and top, they're all set to massively jump the shark over the next wee while.

Cloud

FlynnDaff I think might be one of.you lot? Due to go Ultra friends if you have any aspirations of timing a lucky egg

Hobo

That's me. Not bothered about the XP so go ahead whenever you like.

Appreciate the heads up though.

I've got back into this since my partner started playing again and insisted I send her a gift everyday. I am now totally addicted. Just got to Level 30. Seems like it might take longer to get bored and reach a plateau this time due to the new generations. I am very tempted to spend money on it too, it would make it so much easier.

kittens

all my good lads are knocked out or very low hp and i'm totally out of any healing stuff. there's no way to guarantee you get this stuff is there, it's all random right? so my lads are all dead basically. i keep fighting team rocket and making things worse but i'm not going to allow that scourge to spread across the nation. remember my sacrifice.

Dog Botherer

yeah it's completely random. you can sneakily revive them by powering them up but you still need to heal them.

Dog Botherer

actually try opening a load of gifts, max revives and potions have a higher spawn rate off gifts than poke stops.

kittens

i open every gift the moment i get it. should i not be doing that? i don't know anything about the fancy tricks there is for this game now.

Barry Admin

You only need one interaction a day to level up a friendship. This is shown by the blue halo around that person. Some people then save gifts until the next day, so they can have another interaction. If you get and send gifts regularly and just want to open them for stuff, then go ahead.

Barry Admin

Got my ticket! Should be good, although I'm expecting lots of technical fuck ups. I also think it's basically Niantics shark-jumping moment. Gonna kick off a lot more shitty monetisation.

Barry Admin

I think double candy ends at 9 tonight so make sure you've binned any legendaries etc. And Darkrai - it's mythical and can't be traded, so get it binned.

kittens

there's me spending 20 pounds on virtual pokemon coins then. worth every penny. please don't tell my girlfriend.

king_tubby

So are we just paying £7.99 for this?

Barry Admin

Ten raid passes, a character pose, chance to catch Regigigas before he is in EX Raids. Can't remember what else, but it should be decent enough.

Edit: ah yeah, shiny Skarmory, how could I forget.

king_tubby

For me, that's not worth 8 quid.

Barry Admin

No. The guys I raid with are happy enough with the Unova stone and raid passes. Seen the pose, looks shit. Like a floss, which I predicted would be coming! I thought it would be lobby emotes, maybe those are still to come.

Just glad I got my new cheap phone from China, absolutely loving playing this and Ingress again! Can even split-screen them now :-)

Barry Admin

Nice reward on the "evolve 7 rock types" quest. Might be some good stuff today.

Barry Admin

Yeah that was shit. No shinies, 10 Reggie's to delete, nowhere near worth 8 quid.

They're talking about a monthly subscription with Ingress now. Bound to be some kind of Fortnite-style "battle pass" coming to PoGo next, and/or a lot more of these 8 quid events.

Kryton

I need three more friends to add me please.

1255 7421 0075

Cloud

Sent from me (Lakes) and the late Poppy

Didn't bother with the big event as I just couldn't stomach giving them that much money for an in-game event.  I give them enough money already and I'm sure they make plenty, it just felt wrong to me. 

In the end it worked out as I was busy burying and mourning our pet hamster (who I made the Poppy account for and now lives on through that)

king_tubby

Mysterious components! And just got a sofa shiny bunny.

Barry Admin

Not here yet, damn. Had such a brilliant day playing PoGo and Ingress today though, I get a bit bored at times, but I'm really having a blast!

king_tubby

Yeah, just seen it's only in London so far, and some US cities.

Swizz! Fuck London!

kittens

fuck me these team rocket leaders are impossible