Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I got rolled over twice by Arlo, all my arcanines are crap, back from 2016 before everyone based it on IVs. Now I can't get max potions for the life of me.

Kryton

Anyway to change your team colours? I chose blue team but every cunt round here is yellow/red which means I'm constantly getting my pokemon knocked out of gyms.

king_tubby

Yeah, in the shop you can pay 1000 coins for a TRAITOR medal and change teams. Though I'd be happy in your situation if you're playing a fair bit, more battles and more adding pokes to gyms means you get them to gold quicker, and if you've got a high turnover you're more likely to pick up your 50 coins a day, whereas I've got a Lickeytoungue down the road that's been sat in a gym for a week.

kittens

just got my first ever EX raid invite!!! what does this mean?? i'm excited but i don't know what it means. nov 19th argh can't wait. what is it

Dog Botherer

Quote from: kittens on November 09, 2019, 07:19:59 PM
just got my first ever EX raid invite!!! what does this mean?? i'm excited but i don't know what it means. nov 19th argh can't wait. what is it

just show up at the gym on the ticket at the given time and you'll get to do a raid for legendary. think it's Regigigigigigas this month.

kittens

just got my first ever sinnoh stone and now got a 98 iv rhyperior who is so boss it makes me cream. but he my only good guy really. will there be other lads doing the raid? cos otherwise i don't stand a chance.

Dog Botherer

yeah there should be. anyone who's done a raid at that gym in the last few weeks has a chance of being invited. you should check out facebook and see if there's a local group, they'll probably be coordinating EX raids on whatsapp or discord.

king_tubby

Wayfarer is out - I can nominate stops.

kittens

beat that fucker giovanni. yes lads. eat my shit team rocket.

Barry Admin

Galar Weezing in 4 star raids.

kittens

how many lads is generally necessary to beat a 4* raid? I'll have at most two. maybe more if community day is popular in bristol

kittens

got so many great n shiny chimchars and 1 galarian weezing. banger of a day. so many people playing it felt like the old days.

Barry Admin

I just carried two lower level players through it and did the same amount of damage as they did combined. Mewtwo for the win. Didn't bother with CD.

kittens

got big reg in the ex raid. dunno what he is, i wanted mewtwo. what is point of the legendaries? can you use them in fights and gyms? he's my biggest strongest one so far but don't think he's as strong as my two fokin tonk rhyperiors.

Dog Botherer

had an EX raid invite cancelled, works out since i couldn't attend anyway. got 50,000 dust and 5 raid passes out of it, not baaaad.

legendaries are generally way stronger than all but the best non-legendaries (aka pseudo-legendaries like Tyranitar, Dragonite, Metagross etc.). not all are worth dumping precious rare candy into so pick one with good stats and stick with it.

king_tubby

Power up your buddy, eh? I expect to see everyone walking their Mewtwos in the new year.

Ex raid tomorrow at 6, which is doable.

Barry Admin

I love to stick with my Blissey buddy, which got pocket evolved by accident a while back. Nearly 4000 km on it now, I think.

Litwick is a tier 1 raid boss now, btw, woohoo.

king_tubby

Oh good because I need that sweet sweet candy to evolve a couple of decent ones.

king_tubby

I was lucky enough to get a couple of Meltan boxes last night, but they've severely depleted my Pinap stashes and for whatever the reason the GPS at work has, this very fucking week, slipped me out of range of the gym here.

Barry Admin

Regards the buddy stuff, I bet that's the next new monetisation avenue they go down. I can foresee outfits, hats and other cosmetic options coming before long.

Barry Admin

Buddies are live now!

I missed that they brought back a load of legacy moves, including Shadow Claw for Gengar!!

https://pokemongohub.net/post/guide/december-2019-legacy-moves-update-guide/

Kryton

I don't know anyone who I can do raids with. So I have zero hope of catching the bigguns.

Barry Admin

Just go into town, turn up to a raid just before it hatches, and you'll get it done. You can work up to soloing tier 3 raids too - everything but shuckle is soloable upto that point.

king_tubby

Bored of the buddy now.

Barry Admin

Same, I think it's too much tedious micro-management for me, and I'm not convinced it's gonna have benefits that make it worthwhile. Especially as I like to keep my Blissey as my main walker. Not much point taking a fucking Blissey into raid battles for potential damage boost!

Also, I really hate the way it's trying to get us to use the invasive photo taking feature more often. I cover my camera lens with my hand when I have to do that. Niantic are really jumping the shark for me with a lot of their decisions over this past year.

king_tubby

I do like the animations on the map though.

Barry Admin

Yes they've done a great job with it.

But now I understand the mechanics better... You're basically forced to takes photo each day then to get the 7 hearts.

And all this other AR stuff where you're berrying and feeding requires you to wave your camera phone round. And we know Niantic has tech that can map the inside of your home and stuff. No, I dunno if I'll be bothering with this buddy stuff much at all tbh. That the buddies are gonna be able to lead you to places also seems incredibly suspect to me. That's surely gonna be used to get people to visit promoted stops and such.

Dog Botherer

yeah, do not like the new buddy shit. all the camera stuff gets on my nerves.  very annoying that you can't see the candy progress at a glance anymore either.

Barry Admin

I think you only need one heart a day to advance buddy, mine now brings me the odd gift and assists with catches, except I usually fast catch everything again now that I'm not playing Ingress at the same time on a second phone.

Anyway, nice article here about the positive effects the game has had for people. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-49731283

king_tubby

Piss off useless green thing and hello to shiny Heatran!

Gonna try some of the Rocket bosses this week if I get the time - any tips?