Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,405
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Young Ones

Started by Gurke and Hare, April 03, 2017, 12:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Syntax Head

Madness and our house with the riot was the best musical scene without a doubt.

Swoz_MK

ELEVVUHH PLASS ELEVVUHH

Nine Below Zero are like The Jam but would bite your nose if you owed 'em a score

petril

Quote from: Sydward Lartle on April 08, 2017, 09:24:23 PM
The computer game (well, the Spectrum port of the game, anyway - not sure if the versions on other platforms were any better) was pretty much universally panned, if I remember correctly. It was slightly closer in spirit to the series than you might have expected, but it was just a thoroughly bloody dull game, as witnessed by this advertisment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaiSIhE24i4

Voice-over man sounds more like Zippy having a stroke when he impersonates Vyv, and the less said about his Neil routine, the better. Also, look how long the advert simply allows us to watch the game trundling on with no distractions whatsoever!

the twin-view graphics were something picked up by the later Edmondson-inspired How To Be A Complete Bastard

Twed

Quote from: Sydward Lartle on April 08, 2017, 09:24:23 PMAlso, look how long the advert simply allows us to watch the game trundling on with no distractions whatsoever!
Bear in mind this is an in-store advertisement (or maybe a video catalogue sent to potential retail buyers), not a television commercial. It made sense for it to be a little more... ambient.

This is definitely the C64 version btw.