Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:53:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Looks like Heart are finished...

Started by Sydward Lartle, April 11, 2017, 12:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydward Lartle

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/heart-can-ann-and-nancy-wilson-go-on-after-family-assault-w473842

Probably won't cause many tears to be shed over here, but I thought it was worth sharing anyway. It's not a pleasant story, and I hate the thought of one of my all-time favourite singers being married to a nutbag who thinks it's fine and dandy to beat up his nephews.

Maurice Yeatman

This Dean Wetter fella doesn't sound like a Magic Man to me, eh readers?

I was following this story when it first broke and, with the best will in the world, couldn't see how it might have been skewed unfairly against Wetter. That article you've just linked to actually makes it sound worse on his part, the original scenario being that Nancy's sons left the bus door open unattended, maybe deliberately.
Anyway, Ann comes across as being in hippy-dippy denial, maybe a little needy. I remember an interview with her when she did the A Walk Down Abbey Road Tour with yer man Entwhistle and Todd Rundgren among others, where she said she got the feeling Rundgren didn't like her. She didn't have any evidence, it was just a feeling... (Heart covered one of his songs on a Lovemongers EP and I think she was desperate for validation from him.) I'm digressing. Her voice still packs a fair punch on her current solo tour, but I'm still going back to Dreamboat Annie and Little Queen at the end of the day.

Sydward Lartle

Obviously I know nothing about the internal workings / strife within the band either way, but I think you're bang on the money about Ann. She was always my favourite of the Wilson sisters - though they were both very sweet when I met them[nb]That's another story for another time.[/nb] - but I'm not alone in finding this whole affair more than a touch disturbing. Bottom line is, her husband - who, to get personal for a moment, looks like Bill Murray after rising from the dead - beat up a couple of young boys - his wife's nephews - for no good reason. What does she have to say about this? 'Dean's a free spirit'. Riiiight.

Sydward Lartle

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/heart-reunion-counseling/

Bit late for them to turn into the distaff version of the Davies brothers but it's happened

HappyTree

Free spirit [fri ˈspɪr ɪt]

1. selfish cunt
2. stupid cunt
3. ignorant cunt
4. all of the above

Sydward Lartle

Quote from: HappyTree on April 12, 2017, 12:14:14 AM
Free spirit [fri ˈspɪr ɪt]

1. selfish cunt
2. stupid cunt
3. ignorant cunt
4. all of the above

She certainly didn't marry the fucker for his looks...

Rich Uncle Skeleton

(removed by request (

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sydward Lartle on April 12, 2017, 12:19:21 AM
She certainly didn't marry the fucker for his looks...

Looks like she dug Johnny Cash from the grave.

Keebleman

Quote from: Sydward Lartle on April 11, 2017, 08:16:09 PM
Bottom line is, her husband ... beat up a couple of young boys -

No, a couple of young men.  And he's 60.  And he won!

Bennett Brauer

Back together for a tour just announced - https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/heart-love-alive-tour-america/  Hooray for counselling.

A cover version of "Who Almost Let The Dogs Out?" not yet confirmed.

Twed

hermitical

Oh man, never heard that isolated vocals thing.
Reminds me of being a lonely lovesick young teenage boy