Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:20:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Darkness slam 'boring' Radiohead

Started by @ssmaster, February 18, 2004, 03:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smackhead Kangaroo

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
The DArkness are NOT 'like Queen'
Who the fuck came up with that bastard nonsense? Damn cunty stupid fucking stupid stupid. GOD DAMN IT. I bet it was that Squishy cow Edith. or some other meaningless irritating preseneter without a clue. YOU DAMN REMIDIAL BASTARDS.

And why so much profanity during the awards themselves? I only caught a bit but that E4 guy had a right potty mouth, reminded me of when swearing was cool briefly in the school yard.

The Plaque Goblin

It's all a pose. Even the 'getting big headed with success' is part of the design. They probably love Radiohead really.

Neville Chamberlain

God, it's nice to whack on Cardiacs (or a million-and-one other bands) and hear some awesome blinding sounds made by nice, friendly, down-to-earth types who're simply committed to the business of making amazing music and don't feel the need to go round mouthing off and shit-stirring or whatever, "ironically" or otherwise.

Fuck The Darkness and any other boring, pretentious, attention-seeking, "ooh-aren't-we-ironic" piles o' shite.

Fuck 'em all.

Fuck 'em.

Grr.

Quote from: "Peking O"..clearly they're having a laugh with that comment, as with the Radiohead one. Has everyone had a sense of humour bypass or something? I can see how the humour in their music might grate after a while, but it's a bit bewildering to see how many of you are taking these interview comments seriously....

Yeah. Well said that man!
The Darkness might be increasingly becoming CD-UK's posterboys of late, but they're a bucket of open-chested latex better than 92.5% of the top 40 dross out there.  Just take it as a whimsical "homage" to the theatrical rock of the 70s/80s and let them be.

El Unicornio, mang

BUMP

Just browsing the Darkness forums and came across this:

i know this is a darkness forum but does any1 here like or has any1 even heard of the smashing pumkins(they were ma favorite band b4 TD)

if u ain't heard them u shoud billy corgon is agud singer and guitarist

don't just take ma word 4 it try them they r gud

Last edited by the darkness rule on Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paula
Apprentice

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must confess I have never heard of Smashing Pumkins, are they a new band?

Paula

the darkness rule
Apprentice

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no they r pretty old infact they r split up now but it still gud music(i hav 2 admit sum o there songs r a bit crap like tonight tonight but bullet with butterfly wings and zero r gud)

Christ I feel old....

@ssmaster

I'm glad I feel old. At least I don't have to grow up with Busted and The Darkness producing my best musical memories, I pity the young I really do.

monkhouse terror

Quote from: "The Unicorn"sum o there songs r a bit crap like tonight tonight

Wha-the-fahck?!

Does anybody know why The Darkness are being all twatty towards Michael Eavis and making a big thing of refusing to play Glasto? It seems like they're in their 'whiney artistic' phase already.

european son

Quote from: "monkhouse terror"
Does anybody know why The Darkness are being all twatty towards Michael Eavis and making a big thing of refusing to play Glasto? It seems like they're in their 'whiney artistic' phase already.

the Darkness are a bunch of wanks. Official.

but Eavis is a fucking hippy-knowledgeless-wanker.

and does anyone know why he hates, and will not "allow" to play at his festilval,  (to use his phrase) 'that australian fella"

i.e. Nick Cave. who in the coolness stakes beats Eavis by a mile and a half. with the odd cool lyrical-Christ reference and fantasic PJ and Kylie duets left over for change.

didgeripoo

Really? I saw Nick Cave at Glastonbury in '98. Have they fallen out since? Why why why?

Silencer

I rarely take thins kind of thing seriously, what are you meant to do?  Care?

Personally I find The Darkness qute amusing and they wrote a few good songs that remind me of 70's/80's rock.  Radiohead bore the tits off of me, however.  I'd rather listen to Autumnblaze, Anathema or Katatonia.