Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:52:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Drunk/stoned questions thead

Started by Howj Begg, April 13, 2017, 11:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 09, 2017, 11:39:26 PM
People have done it before so they're listed as last post in every subforum on the index page, I remember Rats doing a hostile takeover one night, many years ago.

This charming fellow here: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=8153 he was one of the DSMO guys, and is one of the guys who has tried to flood the forum with shit new threads to cause chaos and consternation. Generally when people have tried that I've just kind of embraced the anarchy. Let them tire themselves out, then prune all their hard work with admin functions in a minute or two.

I fell in love with talk radio when I was growing up, and I hated the hosts who would cut off crank callers in a panic. The best hosts were always the ones who would sit back and hear them out, let them exhaust their material. The caller would usually hang up out of embarrassment. I think that's been a big influence on me, and on how I've tried to run this place for the last 18 years.

That is one of the best things about this place but

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:59:31 pm by Barry Admin »

Ferris

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on October 09, 2017, 08:55:15 PM
Has there ever been a time when one CABer has been listed as the last person to post in all the threads?
Has anyone ever been tempted to become that CABer?

Being a North American CaBer, the opportunity is available to me most evenings. It is only an enormous amount of self restraint that stops me (and others like me) from taking over.

popcorn

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 09, 2017, 11:39:26 PM
People have done it before so they're listed as last post in every subforum on the index page, I remember Rats doing a hostile takeover one night, many years ago.

This charming fellow here: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=8153 he was one of the DSMO guys, and is one of the guys who has tried to flood the forum with shit new threads to cause chaos and consternation. Generally when people have tried that I've just kind of embraced the anarchy. Let them tire themselves out, then prune all their hard work with admin functions in a minute or two.

I fell in love with talk radio when I was growing up, and I hated the hosts who would cut off crank callers in a panic. The best hosts were always the ones who would sit back and hear them out, let them exhaust their material. The caller would usually hang up out of embarrassment. I think that's been a big influence on me, and on how I've tried to run this place for the last 18 years.

This is good to know. Might have a crack at taking this joint over a bit later. Just post loads of really mental shit. You won't know what's hit you.

spamwangler

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on October 09, 2017, 08:55:15 PM
Has there ever been a time when one CABer has been listed as the last person to post in all the threads?
Has anyone ever been tempted to become that CABer?

had a go at it in HS art, had a word with myself halfway though

Small Man Big Horse

I did the main page thing once:

Though to be fair I'd posted genuine replies to four of the forums, and then added brief replies to the other three out of boredom.

gib

"because if that's what you want, then that's what'll happen"

Where's that from?

Small Man Big Horse

Sounds Peep Show-ish to me. Could be wrong though. I do try.

Howj Begg

gib

Quote from: Howj Begg on October 25, 2017, 12:34:15 AM
Harry Enfield, Lee and Lance.

that sounds right too, did peep show also use it? Can we get some footage so i can get some closure and go to bed please.

gib

Many thanks.

What's the Peep Show one where they both fail the day and resign themselves to making a tent indoors, i need to know if that uses a similar line.

I can wait, day off tomorrow and home alone.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 10, 2017, 11:37:08 AM
I did the main page thing once:

Though to be fair I'd posted genuine replies to four of the forums, and then added brief replies to the other three out of boredom.

The first two thread titles in that belong in the 'Grabs' thread

gib

What was the schools programme telling you how Victorians used to live and one week the episode the teacher put on there was this family had a baby and managed to kill said baby by giving it laudanum to enduce sleep/alleviate illness? Late 1970s/early 80s.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: gib on December 05, 2017, 11:53:14 PM
What was the schools programme telling you how Victorians used to live and one week the episode the teacher put on there was this family had a baby and managed to kill said baby by giving it laudanum to enduce sleep/alleviate illness? Late 1970s/early 80s.

How We Used To Live?

gib

How would one go about absorbing an actual anus burn?

Sebastian Cobb

Ferris

Quote from: gib on December 05, 2017, 11:53:14 PM

NewsRound