Author Topic: Drunk/stoned questions thead  (Read 4953 times)

Re: Drunk/stoned questions thead
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2017, 10:21:46 AM »
Do you think it's possible to blend up a drink that contains everything your body needs, neck it, then not have to eat all day?

https://huel.com

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2017, 10:28:26 AM »
My colleague calls that "Hipster Gruel". This is far too clever for him though. Does anyone know where he nicked it from? Sounds a bit Charlie Brookery.
It looks like vomit and also has a name which sounds like someone vomiting.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2017, 05:03:59 PM »
Why are there no common hot fizzy drinks?

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2017, 05:28:09 PM »
My colleague calls that "Hipster Gruel". This is far too clever for him though. Does anyone know where he nicked it from? Sounds a bit Charlie Brookery.

Tasty though.

« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2017, 06:48:42 PM »
I dare say that huel should only be ingested by one with straight and sound of mind.

Large Noise

• Hey there! I am using Whatsapp
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2017, 07:05:03 PM »
If summer didn't end, would deciduous plants keep their leaves?

NoSleep

• feat. Keith Jarrett and his singing parrot
    • Space Is The Place
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »
They'd be undecided.

gib

• weak and wobbly
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2017, 07:52:16 PM »
Why are there no common hot fizzy drinks?

gasses don't stay dissolved in warm liquids?

Spoon of Ploff

• visitors are welcome to Sheerness
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2017, 07:55:33 AM »
Are London squirrels harder than Watford squirrels?
Which city has the hardest squirrels?

• Stumbling round like a mental
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2017, 04:17:28 PM »

Sheffield.

dr beat

• You're dealing with loved ones, I won't have it
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2017, 04:26:58 PM »
Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on Today at 07:55:33 am

Sheffield.

Absolutely true.  Early one morning when I lived in Sheffield I was walking down the street and a squirrel legged it in front of a passing car.  Squirrel went under the car, but the wheels went right over its two back legs, flattening them totally like two bits of paper.  Squirrel though just ran to the other side of the road and headed to the nearest tree with a cigs-mate expression and got on with its business of the day, harvesting nuts I suppose.  Even though its own nuts were probably knackered.

« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2017, 04:38:12 PM »

Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish.
My flatmate mouthed some interest in the stuff to "take the hassle out of eating" which has cemented my assessment of him as a madman.

« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2017, 04:52:20 PM »
Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish.

I knew it!

« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »
My flatmate mouthed some interest in the stuff to "take the hassle out of eating" which has cemented my assessment of him as a madman.

In my beautiful version of the future people like this would be turned into soylent green.

Sherringford Hovis

• ┌∩┐(ᵔᴥᵔ)┌∩┐
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2017, 05:49:53 PM »
The future is now. Throw some spirulina in there and you're golden. Or green, rather.

https://www.soylent.com/products/

monkfromhavana

• Top one, nice one, get sorted
« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2017, 06:20:59 PM »
In America, you can get all kinds of sweet pies, apple, cherry, others...but why haven't they cottoned on to the idea of filling the pie with things like chunks of steak, gravy, chicken, mushroom, beef etc.

Why do they continue to ignore the savoury pie.

How does the A.D. calendar work? It's going backwards, so how did it start? It can only have started at the birth of Jesus (if you believe the rumours), but how do they know how far go back to, with a method of calculation that's going back in time. How do people know that something happened in 500 A.D. when that method of measuring time did not exist?

« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2017, 06:32:30 PM »
They've yet to "invent" them. They're catching up though after inventing the sausage roll earlier this year. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40392410

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2017, 08:49:37 PM »
They've yet to "invent" them. They're catching up though after inventing the sausage roll earlier this year. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40392410

Trader Joes twofer, savory pies and sausage rolls on stick

The balti pies are very good but under-spiced.
I won't eat the corndogs but wife likes them.

MoonDust

• Hydrochloric shaved weirds
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2017, 08:53:52 PM »
In America, you can get all kinds of sweet pies, apple, cherry, others...but why haven't they cottoned on to the idea of filling the pie with things like chunks of steak, gravy, chicken, mushroom, beef etc.

Why do they continue to ignore the savoury pie.

How does the A.D. calendar work? It's going backwards, so how did it start? It can only have started at the birth of Jesus (if you believe the rumours), but how do they know how far go back to, with a method of calculation that's going back in time. How do people know that something happened in 500 A.D. when that method of measuring time did not exist?

With regards to dates, during the Roman empire years were categorised by the year of an emporer's rule, and since the ages of them when they died were known and scholars knew the order the emporers ruled In, they could calculate backwards that "the 12th year of Augustus I" or whatever was the same as X AD.

(X meaning any number, not the Roman numeral for 10)

« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2017, 08:55:14 PM »
So corndogs are less good battered sausages, i take it?

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2017, 09:00:51 PM »
Turkey dogs are foul, those have no hope.
Never had a battered sausage but a proper corn dog is ok.

monkfromhavana

• Top one, nice one, get sorted
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2017, 04:08:14 PM »
Has Adam Richman REALLY held nearly every job in the restaurant biz?

« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2017, 09:28:49 PM »
Is a boiled egg the same weight as a raw egg?

« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2017, 11:21:04 PM »
Is a boiled egg the same weight as a raw egg?

(Assuming it's the same egg)No.
(The boiled egg is heavier due to yolk oxidization and albumic eegress)

Spoon of Ploff

• visitors are welcome to Sheerness
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »
Has there ever been a time when one CABer has been listed as the last person to post in all the threads?
Has anyone ever been tempted to become that CABer?

touchingcloth

• She is hot in the arse.
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2017, 09:04:42 PM »
Has there ever been a time when one CABer has been listed as the last person to post in all the threads?

What? To go and post in every single thread in every single sub forum, and when that was done to keep cycling through every forum to whack-a-mole the newly bumped threads every time someone else posted in them? No, I have never been tempted to that.

« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2017, 09:19:13 PM »

It's the only reason I come here in hope of seeing it.

« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2017, 09:36:01 PM »
What? To go and post in every single thread in every single sub forum, and when that was done to keep cycling through every forum to whack-a-mole the newly bumped threads every time someone else posted in them? No, I have never been tempted to that.

TC Raymond/Black Hearted Jackanape certainly did a form of block posting, you'd see a list of threads all down the page where he was the last poster. It's pretty much how I instantly worked out his last iteration without having to read a word, well that and it was all threads about 70s comedy..

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2017, 11:11:47 PM »

Daniel/Leniad or maybe one of swayzetrain's socks tried a thing like that in the wee AM hours a few years ago, started a bunch of threads. Of course someone fucked it up by posting and then Barry had to clean it all up.

« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2017, 11:39:26 PM »
People have done it before so they're listed as last post in every subforum on the index page, I remember Rats doing a hostile takeover one night, many years ago.

This charming fellow here: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=8153 he was one of the DSMO guys, and is one of the guys who has tried to flood the forum with shit new threads to cause chaos and consternation. Generally when people have tried that I've just kind of embraced the anarchy. Let them tire themselves out, then prune all their hard work with admin functions in a minute or two.

I fell in love with talk radio when I was growing up, and I hated the hosts who would cut off crank callers in a panic. The best hosts were always the ones who would sit back and hear them out, let them exhaust their material. The caller would usually hang up out of embarrassment. I think that's been a big influence on me, and on how I've tried to run this place for the last 18 years.