Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:43:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blops 2 goes backwards compatible

Started by Barry Admin, April 14, 2017, 11:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Yay! If only to shut children up in comments sections on Xbox. A joy to play it again, though, five years after its initial release. It was were I really, really got addicted to Zombies, and returned to CoD after missing out World at War (doh) and MW3.

It's so weird to see how much everything has changed in 5 years.

Back then, Beardfaceman and myself spent one of the hottest summers in a race for diamond sniper rifles. You would get the odd weekend of double xp, particularly when a competitor was demoing the game, but mostly you just played to prestige and unlock challenges. It actually feels weird now to have a game that's not pushing skinner boxes and microtransactions down your throat the whole time.

Anyway, yeah, when it went live a couple of night ago it had 75,000 people playing, which is solid for a new release like Titanfall 2. Tonight it has 150,000!

biggytitbo

I played the single player campaign of this a few months ago and it was intensely frustrating. It's virtually on rails for a start, and never let's you get into the levels or take anything in. It's like yours in a great game but someone's pushing you through it on a wheelbarrow as quickly as possible.

Barry Admin

Don't play the single player you total cunt.

Van Dammage

Ahhhhhhhh Blops 2...The game where I achieved my personal best KD stats for an online shooter. 3.80. I haven't gotten near that in any game since.

biggytitbo

I have no interest in multiplayer games. But you're right, I won't play the single player game again.

BeardFaceMan

Oh I'm getting my arse well and truly stomped, I usually come last in every game I play. It's packed with players who have been playing for years and know all the maps and weapons inside out. A bit like Quake 3, but that didn't stop me and Neil going on a rampage on that too. It's still fun to play even when coming last. Some excellent maps too, I just wish they'd make map packs available for free for backwards compatible games like this, or at least heavily reduce them, would make them more money in the long run.