Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:55:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charles Addams

Started by manticore, April 15, 2017, 11:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

Oops! Wrong Planet

Could be just an absurd visual gag, or a comment on overpopulation. I'm going with only one of them is real and he's hallucinating all the others.

I loved the inventor one, but not sure about the one before it. Is she putting the finishing touches to an explosive device in her husband's lunchbox?

manticore

They're all alone, lost in the desert, all of them, alone, every single one. No one else in sight, in the vast empty desert. So many of them, all alone. It's what they do.

Like this bloke was a few weeks ago.

And yes, one husband is going to be blown to bits tomorrow lunchtime.

It's all good fun!

Kelvin

I think the bomb/lunchbox one is actually her unwinding threads so she can use the spindels in her hair. It's a sewing kit, not a lunchbox.

Edit: No, maybe you're right. The pliers suggest a bomb.

Isnt Anything

Im glad someone explained the lunchbox one as i couldnt figure it out at all. I didnt realise it was a lunchbox for a start - i suppose the sandwich, milk and fruit on the table should have given that away, but i guess i had just forgotten what pre-Tupperware lunchboxes looked like.

So i just thought she was doing some weird tinkering with her own hair curlers but couldnt work out quite what, possibly electrifying them or something.

Once i realised its hubbys lunchbox it all became very obvious its a bomb.

manticore

Quote from: Isnt Anything on April 10, 2018, 02:46:20 PM
i guess i had just forgotten what pre-Tupperware lunchboxes looked like.

Yes, the cartoon is from 1949, just before Tupperware became a big thing, according to wikipedia. Vintage lunch box:

Oops! Wrong Planet

^  As filched by TC in the opening titles of Top Cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NToYkBYezZA

manticore

From 1981, just before The Young Ones had a similar idea.

It was The Young Ones wasn't it?

manticore

Playing the accompanying music?

ASFTSN

I don't want to hijack Manticore's excellent thread by talking about Gahan Wilson again, but there's an excellent, charming documentary about him called "Born Dead, Still Weird" that fans of this thread might enjoy.

manticore

The creepy little girl is playing sad violin music to soundtrack the fire, I think.

Or am I missing a reference?

petercussing

Yes, that's what i presumed.

Ha, all the ones on this page are particularly great.

manticore

Pugsley and Wednesday at play again.

manticore

Early religious broadcasting, 1949.

Isnt Anything