Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charles Addams

Started by manticore, April 15, 2017, 11:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Mini

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on May 23, 2018, 07:23:30 AM
Little help ?

( only joking, readers ! )

I think the joke is that there's the outline of a UFO parked outside. Of a barbers!

Cuellar

Twit 2

gatchamandave

Quote from: manticore on May 05, 2018, 10:44:15 PM

(note the time)

Post credit scene for What We Do in the Shadows

jobotic

Quote from: Cuellar on May 23, 2018, 10:39:32 AM
Awww - find this incredibly sweet!

What a great name. Orkins.

When I have a chauffeur I shall call him Orkins, and that shall be his name.

manticore

I do think this time I really am running out of good ones.

Annie Labuntur

I wouldn't say that's particularly bad though. An illogical joke, but it has something to say about subservient staff brainwashed into not thinking for themselves, and the suicide is typically dark.

Ghughesarch

Quote from: manticore on May 29, 2018, 10:33:52 PM

Oh, that really didn't need the last frame!
But thanks for all these, Manticore, my little bit of pleasure every day

manticore

According to this article, the 'gun in a violin case' idea only entered the US national consciousness around 1930, which wasn't long before the cartoon, so maybe Addams thought it needed spelling out!

https://www.quora.com/Where-did-the-concept-of-Thompson-submachine-guns-inside-of-violin-cases-come-from

Ghughesarch

Quote from: manticore on May 22, 2018, 10:38:09 PM

Just realised I'm puzzled by the outward sloping Windows. What are they travelling in? An airship?

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Ghughesarch on May 30, 2018, 01:36:26 AM
Just realised I'm puzzled by the outward sloping Windows. What are they travelling in? An airship?
Not sloping outwards. It's a Greyhound bus.

manticore

As I'm nearly running out of really good ones, have some puzzles. Cross-dressing conjoined twins reading McCall's magazine in a dressing room? Eh? And why do they look so miserable? Might need Attila for this one. (1957)

Dusty Gozongas

Possibly some reference to the Hilton Sisters? Still reasonably famous (and exploited as ever) but things were umm "winding down" for them at around that time.

?

Annie Labuntur

The joke is probably that McCall's promoted itself as the magazine of Togetherness - the slogan's under the masthead here.

Isnt Anything

Ferris

manticore

It hasn't scanned very well - the sign says 'HARTSDALE' which may be a clue. It's a cover picture from 1980.

manticore

Okay I like this one. There may be a few left.