Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:26:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

When did you become completely sick to fucking death of Richard Osman?

Started by yesitsme, April 24, 2017, 08:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yesitsme

Jesus fucking Christ ENOUGH with the Osman.

He's vying with Daddy Stephen Fry to be the UK cleverest chap at reading stuff from cards and Sue Perkins as the face that's never off your fucking telly.

The HIGNFY audience are one of the worst in TV Town, laughing at anything Merton, Hislop or the non-speaking guests manage to fart out but on Friday Osmand managed round-after-round of applause for literally EVERY utterance no matter how bland, predictable or trite.

Why do we love our clever clogs?  It has to be something in the British DNA where, despite blurring of the class system we still love to feel 'in our place' and if there's a brain box on the telly then we all bow down and scrape in front of them in a forlock tugging masturbation fantasy.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be on TV I'm saying he shouldn't be on ALL TV.

Him, Perkins, Schofield and the rest.

Hiya!

'Biya!' more like.

Cunts.

DrGreggles

I like him. I think he's good.
Very nice chap too. Had a lovely chat with him at the Fringe a few years ago.

madhair60

JoeyBananaduck

I don't mind him too much but he certainly is becoming a bit too ubiquitous. Agreed on the clever-clogs worship too. So you can retain a lot of ultimately useless information. Great. We have books and the internet for that. It's a redundant skill and not indicative of any real human value that matters like compassion, humour, love or creativity. Pass a moderately competent 10 year old a smartphone with the browser opened to Wikipedia and hey presto! A Richard Osman.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I've always got the distinct impression that, at heart, the guys a bully, but the insidious kind that pretends to be your mate, all the while never missing an opportunity to build up his own overwhelming sense of superiority by undermining or picking holes in the things you say, and woe betide you if you trip over a word, or mispronounce something, as he'll never let you forget it.

yesitsme

Yeah, me too.  He will NOT let that Armstrong get a laugh, constantly belittles him and generally acts the cunt towards someone who is contractually obliged to talk about their 'great rapport' and not to say he's doing 3 tea-time quiz shows a day because at the time he was sat on his arse doing nowt but v/o work for bog-roll ads.

I've said on here before I saw a Pointless where the subject was 'letters' and Osmosis referred to Armstrong as 'a W'.  No one would have criticised him if he'd have gone full length over his desk, twatting the speccy cunt one sending him flying backwards revealing that under the desk he's wearing nothing but roller boots.

Cuellar

I dislike him, and it's solely because of his antics on Pointless. Well actually that's not true, when he crops up elsewhere I don't like him either.

He's got that sort of slightly aggressive 'bantering' style of badinage that seems to be based on getting digs in at your interlocutor and being quite overbearing on the conversation.

I get the same impression from Richard Aoyade when I see him on e.g. Travel Man. Oneupmanship and insecurity.

Don't like it. Don't like it one bit.

BlodwynPig

I happened to meet Richard Osman in a pub in South Zeal back in the mid-00s when he was just "starting out in writing stuff for TV". He was on holiday in Devon with his mum and dad. He seemed affable and intelligent and I invited him over to have a play on the quiz machine. Flunked every question and lost me 5 quid (he didn't have any change, he said). Fucking cunt. Pissed down all summer, so I hope his holiday was ruined.

Serge

Apart from his inability to pronounce the word 'nuclear' correctly, I like him. He seemed to be the only one actually bothering on HIGNFY the other night. I agree he is in a lot, but not as much as Matt Allwright, who, at his current rate of appearing in everything on the BBC, I confidently expect to see as the next Doctor.

holyzombiejesus

I don't like the way he pronounces the word 'golf'. He says it like he's got a wet mouth.

I also dislike how he has to chip in with a critical appraisal of everything he likes. "And also pointless is The Opposite of Sex, Prozac Nation and Buffalo 66, a great film which you really should try and watch if you get chance."

Black_Bart

He's started appearing on some of the R4 comedy programmes (NQ, JAM, TUT). He's not as funny as Pointless fans think he is.

JoeyBananaduck

He was on that snooker documentary last night too. Only caught 30 seconds while channel hopping but sure enough, there he was. "Blah blah blah blah and that's why I love snooker".

OK mate. See you in an hour.

Glebe

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 24, 2017, 12:00:03 PMI also dislike how he has to chip in with a critical appraisal of everything he likes. "And also pointless is The Dogs (2015), a great film which you really should try and watch if you get chance."

Maurice Yeatman

Whenever he turns up on the telly I always shout OZ MAN! WHAT Y'DEEIN'? in the voice of Dennis from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Captain Z

The only person whose Wikipedia page contains a list of programs he hasn't appeared in.

chand

I got sick of him from his constant "World Cup Of X" things on Twitter. Endless polls about the best biscuits, crisps, Christmas films, etc. The lowest level of "Oh, how delightfully BRITISH!" whimsy really. IIRC I saw a few tweets about how wonderful it was that 50,000 people were politely arguing about crisps the day after a major terrorist attack or something and it made me hate Britain.

I like Pointless, and I like some of his style of humour there, but his generic "Ben Miller was the funny one in Armstrong & Miller" patter got boring fast, and the longer I watch the show the clearer it is that they're just two very posh dickheads. Osman always takes the piss out of how posh Armstrong is but they were at Trinity together.

He's also a painfully shitty liberal on Twitter, the type of person you can tell thinks he's dead sensible because he's got a load of Tory friends.

manticore

I do like the tag below 'CaB "familiarity breeds contempt" thread no. 496'. I think you're angry at yourselves for watching too much television.

Bazooka

Watch out he is very tall, can probably choke you through the letterbox with his long arm.

amnesiac

I broke this last week!

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,47735.msg3104253.html#msg3104253

I don't think I watch THAT much telly but whenever I do fucking there he is in his fucking body that he seems uncomfortable in. They're making him the new Stephen Fry! THEY'RE MAKING IT HAPPEN.

Sydward Lartle

I think it really needs pointing out at this stage that Alexander Armstrong is not only pro-blood sports, he's also basically the British Seth MacFarlane, boring us all to fucking death with his decidedly average voice and his 'serious' albums. Apparently when he did a gig at the Royal Albert Hall he sang Wombling Merry Christmas. Wacky prick.

mothman

Quote from: manticore on April 24, 2017, 04:27:46 PM
I do like the tag below 'CaB "familiarity breeds contempt" thread no. 496'. I think you're angry at yourselves for watching too much television.

*bows*

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Every time CaB user "yesitsme" provides an opinion, I disagree with it. Almost as bad as "neardark".

If you're sick of Richard Osman, you are sick of life TV.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: madhair60 on April 24, 2017, 09:28:29 AM
Don't really see him much

Yup. Don't watch traditional broadcast TV so rarely if ever see Osman's face. Amn't unemployed so even if I did watch normal telly I'd never be home in time for Pointless. Stopped watching Have I Got News For You completely in about 2007 so no issue there either.

Not a problem.

asids

He's...OK. I do watch Pointless quite a bit, and I don't really find him irritating. Can't stand Alexander Armstrong though, especially when Osman is reading out answers to the topics on Pointless and then Armstrong goes "Oh, yeah" or repeats the answer he said to make out like he actually knows all these obscure musicals and monarchs and shite. Yeah, we all know you're lying you big-foreheaded prick.

Although Osman was the Eurovision 2016 spokesperson for the votes for the UK, which was the point I went "you're on the telly way too much you lanky cunt". He's alright other than the fact he's on too much now with seemingly his only quality being slightly sarcastic, and he isn't even that good at it.

Bogbrainedmurphy

Fulham fan as well, beginning to encroach onto football broadcasting.

He'll be doing the painfully unfunny "funny skit" on the MOTD Premier League Show next.

Van Dammage

I was quite happy when he repeatedly took the piss out of Jeremy Clarkson on one of the panel shows.

Dead Soon

He also gets genuinely irritated whenever a Pointless contestant uses the ''it was a bit before my time'' as an excuse for not being able to answer something. I like that about him, he plays it off as a bit of banter with the ''that's a yellow card'' stuff to keep the contestant comfortable, but you can tell that it fucking rankles with him, as well it should, and he's having to suppress a genuinely angry telling off.

Mr Brightside

Always found him a bit irritating on telly, but what really got on my wick was when he molested me.

BlodwynPig

What's this thread? "I'm mildly ambivalent about Richard Osman" in the style of I Love the... shows