Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:08:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

When did you become completely sick to fucking death of Richard Osman?

Started by yesitsme, April 24, 2017, 08:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyBananaduck

It's the mediocrity that gets to me mostly. What's he like? Oh yeah, he's alright. Did he have any great ambitions? Oh, right. Passably decent then. Inoffensive. What did he actually do? Remember him? Oh, sideman for 65,000 episodes of Pointless and the odd bon motte. Was he popular? How popular? Fucking hell.

phantom_power

Fuck me, only this place can take a bloke with a degree in Mathematical Physics and say they are "not particularly smart"

Norton Canes

He's a giant, does that mean he's going to die early? They mostly do.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: lankyguy95 on April 26, 2017, 11:40:10 PM
He's definitely on TV too much and the love-in for him is a little irritating (as it is for Fry).

I think he's alright though.

The thing I really despise about Fry is that he's lauded for being this super genius, yet he abuses that position massively because he'll do a voice-over or endorsement for pretty much anything if he considers the price right. It's not right in my mind really, it seems a bit more amoral than a dead-behind-the-eyes pop singer or sportsman endorsing something because their words carry little value in the first place.

amnesiac

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 27, 2017, 10:10:04 AM
He's a giant, does that mean he's going to die early? They mostly do.

Never thought of that! the very small and tall often do don't they. I don't wish death on him though, jeez, just want him to spend more time with his family.

Cuellar

Quote from: phantom_power on April 27, 2017, 09:41:28 AM
Fuck me, only this place can take a bloke with a degree in Mathematical Physics and say they are "not particularly smart"

You can be very clever and still a bit thick.

Richard Dawkins.

Quincey

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on April 26, 2017, 01:36:50 PM
Indeed. Seemingly prioritising wit over say, decent policies or viable leadership etc. in a political party is fairly bizarre. Makes me wonder what precedent he thinks there is for it. Chuckles Churchill? John 'The Mirthmaker' Major? Perhaps he just wants the formation of the Q.I. party. Presumably because he'd be one of their inevitable MPs.

"Witty" Wilson
"Hilarious" Heath
"Cackyourself Laughing" Callaghan
"Bwa-ha-ha" Blair
"Chirp of Laugher" Cameron
"That's very funny, now fuck off" Thatcher
"Mirth a Minute" May

Quincey

Quote from: Cuellar on April 27, 2017, 10:35:34 AM

Richard Dawkins.

Is that a quote of Dawkins or is he an example?

Cuellar

phantom_power

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 27, 2017, 10:17:44 AM
The thing I really despise about Fry is that he's lauded for being this super genius, yet he abuses that position massively because he'll do a voice-over or endorsement for pretty much anything if he considers the price right. It's not right in my mind really, it seems a bit more amoral than a dead-behind-the-eyes pop singer or sportsman endorsing something because their words carry little value in the first place.

I am not sure anyone really sees a voice-over as a seal of approval. Most people know that people get paid to do adverts, I imagine

phantom_power

Quote from: Cuellar on April 27, 2017, 10:35:34 AM

Richard Dawkins.

Well yeah there are different types of intelligence and different fields of knowledge but it is ridiculous to say that O'Briain is not smart

Fuck off Richard Osmonds now.

Enough is enough.

I used to love television.

Glebe

That photograph just says it all.

He's got some weird Jimmy Savile magic key to the TV studios and it must be stopped.

JoeyBananaduck

Quote from: Glebe on December 08, 2017, 02:08:45 AM
"And well done to you at home if you got any of those."

I give myself a big pat on the back and a thumbs up in my wife's hand mirror every time he says that - whether I got an answer or not!

Please don't tell him, I'm terrified of him finding out. I need this.

Isnt Anything

insert name here

which is also when i became completely sick to fucking death of sue perkins

probably not a coincidence

Custard

Serge

Heh, you'll all be thrilled to know that House Of Games has been renewed for a 50 episode second series!

That sounds like I'm exaggerating for comic effect, but I'm not.

I'm very happy, as I loved it, and was miffed that it was only on for three weeks in the original run.

Rolf Lundgren

It happened the other day when watching Insert Name Here. I have become completely sick to fucking death of Richard Osman. About 80% of everything he says is a callback to something somebody else has said earlier.

Quote from: Serge on December 08, 2017, 10:27:46 PM
Heh, you'll all be thrilled to know that House Of Games has been renewed for a 50 episode second series!

But having said that I am happy to hear this as this is a great show. And it'll give us some respite from Eggheads, now in it's 70th year.

yesitsme

Quote from: phantom_power on April 27, 2017, 09:41:28 AM

And what's he doing for a living?  Asking quiz questions.

I can get a machine in a pub, near the lavvies to do that.

Serge

Quote from: yesitsme on December 11, 2017, 04:12:56 PM
And what's he doing for a living?

Having a lot more fun than I've ever had in any job, by the looks of it.

Mini

His comment on Have I Got News For You about how we should all be delighted about the royal wedding turned my opinion of him from 'harmlessly smug' to 'awful fucking shit cunt.' But I'm fickle like that.

ollyboro

JoeyBananaduck

Quote from: Mini on December 12, 2017, 02:24:32 PM
His comment on Have I Got News For You about how we should all be delighted about the royal wedding

Did he qualify that in any way or is he just an arselicker hoping for an OBE one day?

Cuellar

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on December 08, 2017, 08:02:24 AM
his twitter is worse than david schneider's

Abso-bloody-exactly.

Twee fucking shit. I want to post each one I happen across to 'Desolation' as they have that rare ability to make me think there's nothing worth living for.

https://twitter.com/richardosman/status/938461387386441729

:(

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Mini on December 12, 2017, 02:24:32 PM
His comment on Have I Got News For You about how we should all be delighted about the royal wedding turned my opinion of him from 'harmlessly smug' to 'awful fucking shit cunt.' But I'm fickle like that.

yeah i caught up with that a couple of days ago bloody awful it was real obn stuff i wanted to come on here and rant about it but we dont have a hignfy thread shouldve thought of this one

but he did say some pleasingly anti establishment things later on which resoftened me a bit but only a bit

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on December 12, 2017, 04:17:00 PM
Did he qualify that in any way or is he just an arselicker hoping for an OBE one day?

well his argument was more or less having seen this lad who lost his mum at a wee age grow up and find love was so heart warming we should all be thrilled and that anybody who didnt see it that way obviously could never take any joy in anything

can kinda see his point but equally how many other people have lost their mums and then found love ? plus the way he said it was so fucking nauseous ugh

merton was not impressed bless him although he would have been more blessed if he had actually said anything but you could see he was not impressed which was something. or maybe he did and they snipped it.

i wonder if anybody sends a transcript of it in to obn in private eye whether hislop would print it ?  too late now the new one is out tomorrow

it will still be on iplayer if you want to see it yourself. it was fairly near the beginning. i watched the long version.

asids

The problem with what Osman said about it is that we probably could take joy in it and be happy for him (although I don't know how, it would have to be put on considering most people who grow up without a parent go on to live normal and happy lives like everybody else so I don't see what's "special" about it), if the wedding and the rest of his life didn't come out of the public purse. That pisses you off enough that we contribute to some wedding with people we don't even know and never will, but then they add insult to injury by presenting wall-to-wall coverage of all the developments of this wedding as "news" while our politicians lie, our economy is about to be potentially massively fucked, and people are harmed by conflict and disasters around the world. If people want to read that instead of the latest Brexit news or whatever, then there's Hello magazine or the Daily Mail website sidebar. Keep it there, and keep the "news" to stuff that actually matters to people in the grand scheme of things. It's not about being po-faced, it's about wanting stuff actually relevant to people's lives shown.