Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:52:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Times you've just gone "mate" - cinema edition

Started by madhair60, April 25, 2017, 11:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageHedgehog

I also guessed it, but I saw it about four years after it came out and consequently four years of "great twist!" hype, which may have given me an advantage.

Gregory Torso

I saw The Village at the cinema and although I quite enjoyed it, most of the other patrons obviously didn't. You know how sometimes the audience will applaud at the end of a particularly wonderful film? Well this one groaned, all together, like a whale lifting itself out of a swimming pool. You could've cut the "mate" with a knife.

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 20, 2018, 08:53:53 AM
I saw The Village at the cinema and although I quite enjoyed it, most of the other patrons obviously didn't. You know how sometimes the audience will applaud at the end of a particularly wonderful film? Well this one groaned, all together, like a whale lifting itself out of a swimming pool. You could've cut the "mate" with a knife.

I didn't know what the sound of two hundred people simultaneously being baffled and furious at the waste of 90 minutes of their life would be like.  Until the lights went up at the end of 'Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me'.

Steven

Quote from: Gregory Torso on May 20, 2018, 08:53:53 AM

Ah, The Village is actually tiny and they all live on a leaf! MIND BLOWN. #Shyamalanyou'vedoneitagain

Mister Six

Quote from: rectorofstiffkey on May 20, 2018, 11:57:19 AM
I didn't know what the sound of two hundred people simultaneously being baffled and furious at the waste of 90 minutes of their life would be like.  Until the lights went up at the end of 'Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me'.

Mate.

Quote from: Mister Six on May 21, 2018, 11:53:46 PM
Mate.

I know, I know....what was I thinking?  It was on King's Road too that I went to see that, cost me about £16 and back in the 90s that was a lot of money.  I'm still trying to shake off the bitterness and regret.

a duncandisorderly

I've had a copy of 'the martian' sat on a hard-drive for a year or so, never got round to watching it because ridley scott.

finally this weekend, it popped up on proper telly & I had nowt better to do.

ridley scott. orbital mechanics. MATE.

Custard

The Martian has to be one of the most overrated fillums of recent times

Three stars, tops. Midcard at best

Wet Blanket

Quote from: rectorofstiffkey on May 20, 2018, 11:57:19 AM

Experienced this after Mother! An actual collective groan from the audience (although I quite liked it)

Quote from: Wet Blanket on May 22, 2018, 02:58:18 PM
Experienced this after Mother! An actual collective groan from the audience (although I quite liked it)

I've never even heard of Mother! but just read the Wikipedia plot summary........ Mate. If you managed to keep up with what it was about over the duration of the film, then I salute you.

Howj Begg

Mother! is one of the best films I saw this year. I however was saying "mate" at about the hour mark, when I thought it was a smug drawing room comedy of domestic manners. It then did other, better things with itself.

kalowski

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Howj Begg on May 22, 2018, 06:10:02 PM
Mother! is one of the best films I saw this year. I however was saying "mate" at about the hour mark
You should have been saying "Mater".