Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Started by Shay Chaise, April 26, 2017, 10:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shay Chaise

Now, there's not a hell of a lot to analyse or discuss here but damn, this is a superb game. On Switch, this feels definitive. I couldn't imagine sitting on the couch playing it on the telly, except with local multiplayer, so I would never ever buy it on PS4 but it's one of the best portable games available for a quick blast on the shitter or in bed. I also think the lessons are great, very useful for me to learn Puyo Puyo techniques and how to get stacking to hit those big chains. I'm really shite at it but when you feel you've got a decent plan and it pretty much comes off, it's very satisfying. I'd recommend buying it off the US store and saving a tenner.

Consignia

Quote from: Shay Chaise on April 26, 2017, 10:01:55 PM
Now, there's not a hell of a lot to analyse or discuss here ...

There is a story mode, right?

Consignia

Quote from: Consignia on April 26, 2017, 10:03:57 PM
There is a story mode, right?

I've got it, there is, and by Christ's fat cock there's way too much. I'd rather they just book ended each set of challenges rather than after every little mission.

The game itself is tremendous fun, though. I prefer Tetris to Puyo, but it's quite balanced in how much of each you get.

Shay Chaise

Aye, you'd think it'd be 2:1 from the name but it's an even split.

And sorry I didn't reply to you, I didn't see it until now.

It's a superb single player puzzle game but it really comes alive head to head, though online is not as much fun, in fact. Mainly because I'm shit at it.

Consignia

Quote from: Shay Chaise on May 07, 2017, 05:39:17 PM
And sorry I didn't reply to you, I didn't see it until now.

No worries, matey. It was a crap joke that didn't deserve a response.

It's a superb single player puzzle game but it really comes alive head to head, though online is not as much fun, in fact. Mainly because I'm shit at i

This prompted me online, and I've not found it too bad myself. 50:50 win rate, and that was largely making mistakes, like being too aggressive with hard drop.

I'm finding most modes fun, but I really can't get my head round Puyo-Tet-Mix. Trying to juggle Tetris and Puyo blocks in the same screen is mind wrecking. I don't seem to be able to concentrate on one type so I end up with low Puyo chains and only 1-2 lines at a time. Frustratingly, towards the end of the missions, it feels like all the missions are this type.