Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

" Rushton's Illustrated" (1980)

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, April 28, 2017, 10:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Loved this show as a youngster. Was castigated as a pseud ( not in so many words ) for doing so, at the time, by peers. Memories? Come on, Sydward !j

Sydward Lartle

Can I get back to you on this? It sounds like the sort of thing I'd like. I was only six when it aired and have no memory of it whatsoever. Is a DVD available?

ajsmith

This sounds interesting, never heard of it before but I love Willie Rushton as a writer and performer (good cartoonist too). Shame that for a lot of people the only memory they have of him is as a barely awake old duffer propping up daytime panel shows in the 80s-90s. (as parodied admittedly amusingly in that Peter Serfonwicz Blankety Blank thing).

This is the only image I could find relevant to this series on a quick google search.

Sydward Lartle

Pretty good supporting cast for Rushton's Illustrated, too - Hugh Paddick, Roy Kinnear and John Junkin.

Just recently I found a YouTube upload of that Naughty Joke Box video Kenny Everett and his graet showbiz mates recorded at the Comedy Store, and Rushton is the best thing about it by a country mile. Well, him, and Barry Cryer looking like a bearded version of Billy 'go home and get your fuckin' shine box' Batts.

Glebe

Half an hour later, it's World in Action, to make you depressed again.

Autopsy Turvey

I'd be fascinated to see Bernie Winters being attacked by a drinks machine.