Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:33:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Baskets

Started by Viero_Berlotti, April 29, 2017, 09:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viero_Berlotti

Not sure if there is already a thread for this but I can't see one. It's a new US comedy series staring that bloke with the big beard from those Hangover films I've never seen.

It's about a guy called Chip that goes to classical clown school in Paris, but fails and has to come back to America and
Spoiler alert
live with his mum
[close]

I went into it not expecting much as I'm not really up to speed on who's who in US comedy these days. It's three episodes in and I'm really enjoying its mix of downbeat, absurdist and physical comedy. Chip's mum is stealing the show for me so far but the whole cast in this has been excellent. Co created by Louis CK.

NoSleep

Viero_Berlotti

Thanks, but now this has confused me. I'm not sure if I'm watching series one or two now. I just stumbled across it on NowTV and assumed it was a new series because there's only been one new episode on there every week. This is the nature of consuming media in this way I suppose.

EDIT: Just checked and I am watching season 1. NowTV seem to be putting episodes out as they are broadcast weekly on FOX TV UK which have the rights for it over here.

up_the_hampipe

Funny you make a thread for this now, I just caught up with season 2 last night. Really great.

Louie Anderson continues to be brilliant, probably the best portrayal of an old suburban mom I've ever seen, if just for the small talk she has with various people she encounters. However, for me, she may have been overshadowed this season by the character of Dale. He didn't make much of an impact in season 1, but they really fleshed out his character and he got some of the funniest lines in this run. He's selfish and awful, but often the highlight of each episode, especially when he fights with Chip. Probably my favourite exchange comes in the episode where his secretary Trish catches Cody and Dale trying to steal laptops from his offices:

DALE: Oh my God, Trish! I thought you were at your AA meeting.
TRISH: I don't drink.
DALE: Well, maybe you should. Loosen your ass up.

There's two very sudden deaths in season 2 that are as shocking as they are hilarious. Just a great show all-round. Looking forward to season 3, especially with the plot turn they've cooked up.