Author Topic: American Gods  (Read 6911 times)

Re: American Gods
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2017, 09:17:28 PM »
this show is much better when you're pissed. liked that episode a lot. will try to stay drunk throughout s02

All shows and movies are. That's why I've not seen anything sober since 2003, except Prometheus, that was shit.

kittens

• kittens
  • Silver Member
  • don't have a cow man
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2017, 09:49:08 PM »
All shows and movies are. That's why I've not seen anything sober since 2003, except Prometheus, that was shit.

you might have a point actually. i watched the latest series of mr robot while pissed and fucking loved it. and i just watched the latest series of better call saul, also pissed, and loved that too. how have i never noticed this before
can i just enjoy everything now
this is wonderful

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2017, 10:16:14 PM »
you might have a point actually. i watched the latest series of mr robot while pissed and fucking loved it. and i just watched the latest series of better call saul, also pissed, and loved that too. how have i never noticed this before
can i just enjoy everything now
this is wonderful

Getting stoned works even better. During my ridiculously smoky university days I used to actually look forward to watching Star Trek Voyager each night.

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2017, 09:49:57 AM »
Yeah I watched all of Lost stoned up to my knees, I could never go back and watch it ever again now.

Anyway, I liked this episode, it brought everything together finally, so hopefully series 2 can kick off with better momentum.

Small Man Big Horse

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2017, 11:49:47 PM »
Fuller's quit the show, somewhat bizarrely: https://www.avclub.com/bryan-fuller-has-quit-american-gods-1820858435

Bryan Fuller has quit American Gods

Beloved TV producer Bryan Fuller has stepped away from yet another high-profile project, with Variety reporting that Fuller and his co-showrunner, Michael Green, have both quit their roles on Starz’s Neil Gaiman adaptation American Gods. According to Variety, the departure comes down to arguments about money; Green and Fuller were reportedly angling for a budget increase for the show’s already-announced second season, but production company FremantleMedia balked.

American Gods was a critical success for Starz in its first season, earning strong reviews for the way it tied Gaiman’s sprawling road trip of a novel into a more coherent story for TV. The ratings were less impressive; Starz never pulls in more than a few million viewers at a time in any case, but the series lagged behind more-established fare like Power and fellow lit-adaptation Outlander. Fuller and Green were still committed to the project, though; in an interview with us just last month, Green said, “Oh yes, this show is more than front burner for both of us—it is front bonfire. So this is where our hearts lie, this is where our hours are spent. American Gods is home.”

This is the second big-name show Fuller has left over the last year or so; he was previously set to be showrunner on CBS’s Star Trek: Discovery, but stepped away from the project to put more of his time and energy into Gods.

You have to wonder how many times he can do this shit before people start refusing to hire him. Still, if it somehow means Hannibal Season 4 will take place I guess it wouldn't be all bad news.

FerriswheelBueller

• Silver Member
  • Very tired. Sorry if my recent posts are shit.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2017, 04:23:23 AM »
Fuller's quit the show, somewhat bizarrely: https://www.avclub.com/bryan-fuller-has-quit-american-gods-1820858435

You have to wonder how many times he can do this shit before people start refusing to hire him. Still, if it somehow means Hannibal Season 4 will take place I guess it wouldn't be all bad news.

Bit of a shame, I enjoyed the first season of this. No Fuller, no conclusion really so it will remain an unfinished oddity.

Lost Oliver

• Silver Member
  • Not while she's got Medicine Head on the phone
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2017, 08:05:05 AM »
So that means no second series? Gutting.

Though as you say, a fourth series of Hannibal would be amazing.

Small Man Big Horse

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2017, 02:29:33 PM »
Bit of a shame, I enjoyed the first season of this. No Fuller, no conclusion really so it will remain an unfinished oddity.

Apparently they're looking to replace Fuller and carry on the series, but it's too early to know who might take over.

Small Man Big Horse

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2018, 11:03:05 AM »
More info about the break up has been revealed, and for me the most interesting part is that apparently Neil Gaiman wasn't happy with where they were taking the show in the second season. Though I'm sure it's the budgetary side of things which caused the eventual split - https://www.avclub.com/the-bryan-fuller-american-gods-breakup-was-apparently-e-1822682450

A new showrunner has now been announced, some guy called Jesse Alexander who's worked with Fuller a lot in the past, and has also written for Alias, Heroes and Da Vinci's Demons, which doesn't exactly fill me with hope. Still, at least it's not Scott Fucking Buck I guess.

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2018, 06:21:34 PM »
I have therefore book to read on my shelf, but wasn't bowled over by the first season. I'm conflicted about reading.

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2019, 07:37:12 AM »
New series starts on the 11th March if anyone cares.....I'll give it a go I enjoyed the first series having never read the comics....

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2019, 09:43:27 AM »
I will be watching, I liked technology boy.

Small Man Big Horse

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2019, 10:35:45 AM »
The AV Club had an article about the first three episodes and it sounded pretty shoddy, so I think I'm going to wait until the end of the season and see what the reviews for it are like.

Clownbaby

• I get it crackin like a bad back
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2019, 11:17:06 AM »
I thought the finale of the first season was stupid but other than that I really enjoyed it. Mad Sweeney is a sexy bastard.

FerriswheelBueller

• Silver Member
  • Very tired. Sorry if my recent posts are shit.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2019, 02:43:01 PM »
It was always a bit shoddy and silly, but so visually interesting and entertaining it was worth a watch.

I’ll probably get through the 2nd season when it goes onto streaming.

« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2019, 09:39:47 PM »
This has gone through two show runners since the last season right? Probably be shit.

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2019, 12:53:34 PM »
This flipped frequently for me between weird boring and weird brilliant. There'd be this Limo-driven Beiber character and then a badass bloodbath in one episode followed by a tedious wordy episode with Lovejoy talking pseudo-religious nonsense all over it. By the end of S1 I still had no idea what was going on, which is a bad sign.

The mentions of exec problems above probably won't help with the consistency problems.

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2019, 03:40:18 PM »
S2E1 is available.

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2019, 10:24:45 PM »

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2019, 12:23:11 PM »
Poor start to season 2....a confusing dogs breakfast of over-done visuals and shite CGI...smidgen of a plot wouldn't go amiss