Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:45:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HELLO

Started by Barry Admin, May 13, 2017, 03:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dex

That's the last time Legend Gary is allowed in the CAB server room. Shit everywhere!

Captain Z

Welcome back everybody! And thanks for fixing it.

+1 karm for this message

Penfold

Quote from: Thursday on May 13, 2017, 03:47:10 PM
Well this is weird, unless I've remembered wrong, (and there's a good chance I have) I changed my password, after the initial problem a few days ago, and now after this one, it's reverted back to what it was before.

Anyway thanks Neil

I had that too.

BritishHobo

Neil you are a genuine fucking hero for the amount of work you've put into this. It's more than anyone could ever expect of anyone, and it's so appreciated.

pigamus

Neil is providing strong and stable leadership at this time.

Beagle 2

It's a Christmas miracle.

Bingo Fury

Well done for your sterling work on getting the place back up, Neil. It's great to have it back. Have a well-deserved spliff, or something.

daf

Quote from: pigamus on May 13, 2017, 03:50:37 PM
Neil is providing strong and stable leadership at this time.

Awarded one of my two precious imaginary Karma points

Of his online critics, Ricky Gervais once said "I'd love to switch  the internet off and watch them all panic". Who panicked?

Kane Jones

I think we need to give Neil the bumps. Sterling work, sir. Thank you.

selectivememory

Thanks Neil! Your effort is seriously appreciated.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Cheers Neil, this place is the best.

Icehaven

bushwick

bloody hell good work, thought we was goners

Phil_A

Hooray! Well done, Neil. I've lost of track of the number of times over the day or so I've gone to look at Cab, forgetting it wasn't there.

I've guess we've lost a few days of posts then? Whatever was posted between Wednesday and Friday will be a mystery future forum historians will ponder for decades, probably.

Konki

What the fuck was all that about!? Nice work, Neil!

madhair60

Massive 'grats and thanks for getting the place back up, Barry. And I'm massively sorry for any hassle I gave you in the meantime, that wasn't my intention at all.

NoSleep

Quote from: Thursday on May 13, 2017, 03:47:10 PM
Well this is weird, unless I've remembered wrong, (and there's a good chance I have) I changed my password, after the initial problem a few days ago, and now after this one, it's reverted back to what it was before.

Anyway thanks Neil

Same here. Probably the version of the site with the updated passwords was not the one used to reinstate CaB.

Thanks Neil. Must be better ways to spend a sunny Saturday.

Howj Begg

im barry bethel

I seem to have stumbled into the Volvo owners club forum by mistake

Ambient Sheep

Thank you so much, Barry, and apologies for the vast amount of arseache this must have been.  Thanks for keeping it alive for us.

Unsurprisingly, I'm another whose password has reverted to its original version.  Should we be changing them again, assuming that the hacker has the originals?

(Only, I suppose, if it turns out he has a burning desire to pretend to be Ambient Sheep, which seems unlikely.)

Enjoy your walk, and I'm bringing the sheep back in celebration!

Sparers

Spoon of Ploff

There should be a plinth in Trafalgar square with Neil's name on it. A-and a statue of Barry Admin on top of it looking resplendent.

In fact there should be a plinth in all the squares.

thugler

Thankyou! Great job neil

NoSleep

Odd. The current spammy Corbyn thread is constantly telling me there's a new post from Barry Admin. When you visit it there is no post from Barry Admin and the thread still says there's a new post from him when I look at the list of threads.

Morrison Lard

New CaB policy.
Every Corbyn post is now hidden.

+24 karm for this message

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: NoSleep on May 13, 2017, 04:27:15 PM
Odd. The current spammy Corbyn thread is constantly telling me there's a new post from Barry Admin. When you visit it there is no post from Barry Admin and the thread still says there's a new post from him when I look at the list of threads.

Indeed.  Well I just posted in it successfully, but Barry's post still didn't show up.  How odd.  Perhaps that was an inconsistency caused by the perils of backing up a live database?

manticore

Fantastic work, Neil. Much gratitude.

MoonDust

Awesome Neil! I changed my password after the hack but after failing to log in realised my password has reverted to the old one. Did this happen to anyone else?