Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:36:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HELLO

Started by Barry Admin, May 13, 2017, 03:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 13, 2017, 04:30:09 PM
Indeed.  Well I just posted in it successfully, but Barry's post still didn't show up.  How odd. 

I can probably fix that when I get home. There were a lot of problems just getting everything to show up again; since last night it was just threads with no names and blank space where posts should be etc.

Anyway thanks all. Posi - in particular Tom - were a great help in getting things sorted. Bit gutted the heatwave seems to be over now, hope it comes back.

MoonDust

Much appreciated Neil. You're a star. I was just about to reveal myself in Facebook too!

Icehaven

Quote from: MoonDust on May 13, 2017, 04:33:05 PM
Awesome Neil! I changed my password after the hack but after failing to log in realised my password has reverted to the old one. Did this happen to anyone else?

Yep, me too.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: MoonDust on May 13, 2017, 04:33:05 PM
Awesome Neil! I changed my password after the hack but after failing to log in realised my password has reverted to the old one. Did this happen to anyone else?

You've not read the thread, have you? ;-p

MoonDust

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 13, 2017, 04:38:04 PM
You've not read the thread, have you? ;-p

No. I was just so excited!

Catalogue Trousers

Bloody well done, Neil - many thanks from here as well. CAB may currently be missing a lot of more recent posts/replies like a battle-scarred veteran, but it continues to survive and succeed. Nice one.

Hello all of you other lovely posters - yes, even the ones that I can't usually stick. It's good to see you all again.

Cerys

Neil, you are a prince among men.  Or among women.  Whatever floats your boat.

Quote from: Replies From View on May 13, 2017, 03:35:59 PM
It was Robinsons actually.

We had nothing to do with it!  Nothing!

notjosh

Thank you! I never donated anything before but want to now. Is there anywhere I can donate something for servers etc?

pancreas

Ta very much from me too.

Icehaven

And I'm going to subscribe too like what I said I would, as soon as I get home and onto a computer instead of on my crappy phone.

hewantstolurkatad

Yup, thanks Barry Neil, I wasn't expecting you to go to the bother of putting it back this quickly so it is very much appreciate.

If the database was compromised and its now reverted to the old passwords for people, wouldn't it make more sense that they disabled the hashing on the new passwords so that they'd have (a) the hashed originals and (b) the completely unencryped/unhashed passwords that a user may have already been using elsewhere.

Brundle-Fly

*emerges from the mist, blinking...

Thanks Barry for all your continuing hard work to keep this asylum in business. I was just one karma point away from 666 too! In the nick of time.

hewantstolurkatad

Also, this is as good a time as any to abolish karma (thumbs up if you agree).

Stoneage Dinosaurs

This is one of those perfect days. CaB comes back in the morning, Stewart Lee in the evening, something fun in the afternoon (probably)

hedgehog90

purlieu

Cheers Barry. And shame to that lazy cunt Neil for letting Barry do all the hard work himself, while he was at home watching OFITG repeats.

greencalx

Adding to the chorus of approval. I know from experience what a pain in the arse things like this are to deal with. Barry - do let us know if you need any more contributions to the server fund.

non capisco

I genuinely and unironically made a Sopranos style "Ohhhhhhhhhhh!" noise when I clicked on the link and saw we were back and running. Just when I was considering a nightmare dystopian future when I had to go to Digital Spy for links to 80s Top Of The Pops episodes hosted by sex offenders!

Massive props and thanks to Neil for all his blood, sweat and tears on this. There was a moment there when I thought I might have to get motivated to do something other than sit and read the forum all day but thankfully that glimmer of potential has been stamped back down into the dirt where it belongs. We love you Legend Barry.

Pranet

Phew! I did wonder if that was that.

My password has also reverted.

Brunette Romana 2

Delurking to say: Woo hoo! And thanks a million to Neil. x

Barry Admin

Quote from: notjosh on May 13, 2017, 04:45:02 PM
Thank you! I never donated anything before but want to now. Is there anywhere I can donate something for servers etc?

Yeah, thanks for offering. neilbombd@gmail.com if you PayPal. Thanks again.

Dr Rock

Thank Christ for that. Well, fuck Christ, thank Neil.

As to the identity of the hacker please do not infer anything from the byline I changed to a week or so again. Purely circumstantial.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 13, 2017, 05:11:19 PM
Yeah, thanks for offering. neilbombd@gmail.com if you PayPal. Thanks again.

Will the CaB subscription link go back up soon?

fake edit - maybe it is in the custom titties sticky, didn't look yet

Eis Nein

Your hard work is appreciated.

Serge

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 13, 2017, 04:33:16 PMBit gutted the heatwave seems to be over now, hope it comes back.

I can second this. Working indoors on Wednesday and Thursday and watching everybody outside enjoying the sun, I get to my days off, and it's fucking cold and raining again. It's a bit much.

Anyway, woo! This place is back and here we all are again.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 13, 2017, 05:26:50 PM
Will the CaB subscription link go back up soon?

fake edit - maybe it is in the custom titties sticky, didn't look yet

I dunno, a lot of that was part of the portal (although I think you can actually "manage your subscriptions" through the forum profiles now) and I don't want to add much/anything back until I see if he's fucked off. Even then I'll have to be careful. It's so weird and awful looking down to see the tags and them not. Wing there, though. I just feel miserable and drained, I need to catch up with my sleep though. Did manage not to go back on the vape through all this, so that's something.

Shay Chaise

Hello Barry I want to live in your anus x

Thursday

You're may be aware, Barry, but just so everyone else is.

Spoiler alert
Spoiler tags aren't working at the moment
[close]
So be careful browsing spoilery threads.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 13, 2017, 05:39:51 PM
I dunno, a lot of that was part of the portal (although I think you can actually "manage your subscriptions" through the forum profiles now) and I don't want to add much/anything back until I see if he's fucked off. Even then I'll have to be careful. It's so weird and awful looking down to see the tags and them not. Wing there, though. I just feel miserable and drained, I need to catch up with my sleep though. Did manage not to go back on the vape through all this, so that's something.

I meant the monthly spunk PayPal thing.

QDRPHNC

Thanks Neil! I had nothing to read for days, the rest of the internet is shit.