Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,315
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:00:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Little Mermaid is 43, and other moments of lucid decrepitude.

Started by Paul Calf, May 16, 2017, 08:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

44! She's 44 now! How old is she?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
There is an idea of Patrick Bateman
2 (50%)
Baby baby baby ooh!
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 16, 2018, 03:30:24 PM
This probably belongs in the amazing facts thread but I only just found out the other day that Banksy is Neil Buchanan from Art Attack.

But Banksy is a Bristle boy, not a scouse get!

Or is that part of the mask as well........?

Replies From View

Quote from: icehaven on May 15, 2018, 10:40:23 AM
the scary cover of a copy of The Demon Headmaster I remember being in my school library, but that would have been the mid-1980s

Unlikely to have been The Demon Headmaster, which was mid to late 90s.

Icehaven

Quote from: Replies From View on May 16, 2018, 05:59:56 PM
Unlikely to have been The Demon Headmaster, which was mid to late 90s.

It was first published in 1982

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Demon_Headmaster

As much as I appreciate any and all attempts to knock ten years off my age, I'm afraid in this case I was right first time.

Replies From View

Quote from: icehaven on May 16, 2018, 06:01:00 PM
It was first published in 1982

Ohhhh.

Book version you see, readers.  Mistook it for the TV version didn't I.  Thought the books would have spun off the TV version and all that.

Icehaven

Quote from: Replies From View on May 16, 2018, 06:01:49 PM
Ohhhh.

Book version you see, readers.  Mistook it for the TV version didn't I.  Thought the books would have spun off the TV version and all that.

I didn't even know there was a TV series!

Zetetic

Replies From View

Quote from: icehaven on May 16, 2018, 06:03:16 PM
I didn't even know there was a TV series!

We were too old for it.  My little brother used to watch it though so I was aware of it through him.

There are people our age who recall The Queen's Nose with fondness, which I think is pushing it.  It came too late in the day, mate.  Move on.

If you ask me, I think the cut-off point should be the BBC series of The Borrowers.  Everything after that is too recent.  Even if you were born after 1993 I think that rule should stand, actually.  No nostalgia for anything after The Borrowers; thank you.

Replies From View

Oh by the way this thread is a year old, cunts.  Update all your earlier posts to account for this difference, cheers.

Icehaven

Quote from: Replies From View on May 16, 2018, 06:06:56 PM
We were too old for it.  My little brother used to watch it though so I was aware of it through him.

There are people our age who recall The Queen's Nose with fondness, which I think is pushing it.  It came too late in the day, mate.  Move on.

If you ask me, I think the cut off point should be The Borrowers.

And Power Rangers. Definitely at some point between 1992-1993. Had a brief (post-theme tune reboot) Grange Hill phase but then it was all about Neighbours and Home and Away.

Wet Blanket

I thought you meant the TV series too, with Jack Straw as the titular headmaster

Twed

Oh yeah, I definitely meant the TV series. The books were nothing to me.

Icehaven

Quote from: Twed on May 16, 2018, 08:07:58 PM
Oh yeah, I definitely meant the TV series. The books were nothing to me.

Well great, now I feel even greaterer.

George White

Quote from: Replies From View on May 16, 2018, 06:06:56 PM

If you ask me, I think the cut-off point should be the BBC series of The Borrowers.  Everything after that is too recent.  Even if you were born after 1993 I think that rule should stand, actually.  No nostalgia for anything after The Borrowers; thank you.
Apart from the theme tune, the Queen's Nose was also quite silly. It was much more comedic than it first appeared. It had a very goofball sense of humour to it. It's too whimsical to count as hauntology of any kind. It's genteel stage school anarchy.

Wet Blanket

All I remember about the Queen's Nose is that I fancied the older sister.

nedthemumbler

Born in 89 and remember The Queens Nose but fairly sure my younger sister, born six years later, wouldn't.

You are welcome

thenoise

The Chuckle Brothers always looked dated, right up until they finished in 2009 (9 years ago?!?) I bet
most kids who watched it in the later years assumed that it was a repeat from 20+ years ago. Much like I did when watching last of the summer wine.

George White

I used to have this with Irish gameshows.
Mike Murphy's Winning Streak felt like it came from 1983, not 1998.

Dr Rock

Today I realised I am older than both Tony Soprano - in the last season - (46) and Jeff Bridges as The Dude in The Big Lebowski (48 by my reckoning). Don't care.

Uncle TechTip

But Tony is now 57, so you're not older than him. Also he's dead.

Dr Rock

Probably the only comic-book character who is supposed to be older than me is J. Jonah Jameson. OK I checked Marisa Tomei is slightly older than me. But I'm basically now the same age as Aunt May.

Twed

Just realized that I am now as old as the oldest one from The Young Ones (Mike) was in the last episode of The Young Ones. I don't like that.

Twit 2

We're well into the 21st century. My dad was born in the late 40s, so if he had an oldish teacher when he went to school they'd have been someone who grew up in the Victorian era.

Isnt Anything

Most, if not all, of my grandparents were Victorians.

This is something that you realise as you get older, all those times arent really that far away.

Dr Rock

My mum can remember before the NHS. I was talking to her the other day, the doctor would come round and they had a little pot of money for him. And they were penniless. Oh she also remembers Mr Hitler trying to kill everyone wth doodlebugs, the twat.