Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Games you've bought more than once

Started by Barry Admin, May 17, 2017, 01:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Whatever format. Just noticed Fallout New Vegas is up on the Xbox backwards compatible sale. £3.75 not to have to dig out the disc, and never again have to worry about having put the disc back in the wrong case? Yes please!

Mobius

I do this all the time, especially with RPGs. I bought a copy of The Witcher on PS4 a few months ago then realised it was an old copy I'd traded in as it had a distinctive japanese curry stain on the manual.

Barry Admin

SKULLGIRLS FOR £1.99! This sale is gonna ruin me. £10.49 for vanilla SF4, haha, no. Suck it, Capcom.

Penfold

I think I've owned every GTA game at least twice. I also bought a lot during sales to save finding a disc like Red Dead Redemption, Bulletstorm, Max Payne 3, Portal 2, LA Noire and probably others.

I recently sold Horizon Zero Dawn so I could get the digital edition instead because I love it.

Glebe

I think I bought Soul Reaver 2 for PS2 and PC.

Swoz_MK

Bloodborne is £7 in Asda at the minute so I'm tempted to just get a bunch and hand them out to childrens.

I think I have Resi4 on every format.

Bazooka

Zelda: Ocarina of Time x3, the N64, Gamecube Master quest version and the 3DS version.

Zelda: Majora's Mask x2 , N64 & 3DS versions.

Final Fantasy IV x2, SNES and PSP.

Tomb Raider 1,2,3,4,Chronicles each of them x2, PC and then digital downloads on PSN.

MGS: Snake Eater x2 PS2 & 3DS version.

Super Mario 64 x2, N64 & 3DS version.

Hmm probably more that I can't think of.

Resident Evil x2 PS1 & DS version.

Resident Evil 2 & 3, PS1 and Gamecube versions.

Junglist

Resi 4, Gamecube, PS2 and PS4. It has not aged well at all.

Borderlands 2, Xbox 360, and then The Handsome Collection on PS4 because it is quite possibly the greatest game of all time.

Trials Fusion, Xbox 360 and PS4, because I am a God of Trials.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I first bought Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - the greatest fighting game of all time - when I was at university. It was our favourite game by miles. Unfortunately, during my summer holidays one year, I lent it to an old school friend who promptly misplaced it (I suspect he traded it with someone in exchange for weed). So I went to ebay to buy a replacement copy (I couldn't find it in the shops, as it was apparently out of print at this point). Some time after that, my PS2 stopped being able to read CDs, so I was left unable to play it yet again, until it was released on Xbox Live several years later. More recently I had to format the 360's hard disk, only to find that the game was no longer available to download.

I also bought Resi 2 for the N64 and Playstation. I'm not entirely sure why though. I didn't lose the N64 version or anything.

Neomod

Nothing apart from Minecraft on PC, then tablet, then xbox.

The tablet version is probably the most awkward to play though.

asids

Quite a number of games I've bought twice, mainly on a different platform because I don't play the old one anymore. A few games I've bought 3 or 4 times:

The first Splinter Cell - bought the original boxed PC version, then the Steam version a number of years ago, then bought it on Steam again on a new account, then bought the Xbox (original) version when I got one again

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - bought on original Xbox, then bought on Xbox 360 store in the backwards compatible section, then bought on Steam

PES 2008 - Pretty sure I bought the PS3 version first, then the Wii version, I also remember playing the 360 version so I'm sure I bought it for that, then I got it again recently for the PS2. Don't even ask me why, it's shit

Sonic Adventure - Had it for the Dreamcast, then got the DX version for the PC, then bought the version they released for the 360, then bought it for a fourth time on Steam. Yes I'm a Sonic fan, laugh at me

I reckon there's more but I can't think of any at the moment. There's loads and loads of games I've bought twice though, mainly HD re-releases and getting it first on a console and then Steam or whatever.

LanceUppercut

I'm of the opinion that if it only costs me a couple of quid to buy the digital version,  it's worth every penny to save me getting off my arse changing the disc, or my kids breaking it trying to stick the Barbie dvds in while my games are in.

Bazooka

Quote from: asids on May 17, 2017, 03:42:07 PM
Sonic Adventure - Had it for the Dreamcast, then got the DX version for the PC, then bought the version they released for the 360, then bought it for a fourth time on Steam. Yes I'm a Sonic fan, laugh at me

Mate get in here http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,60104.0.html

TheWoodenSpoon

Outside of HD re-releases of console games on PC (which I buy mainly for the convenience of not having to dig through a pile of wires and other shit to hook up ancient consoles so I'm not listing them all here), I'm also guilty of buying more than a few games several times for other reasons.

1. Doom.
For PC and PlayStation, because the experience on each is so remarkably different, and in the latter case I bought several copies for Link Games. Remember those? Probably not. The serial port wasn't present on later revisions of the PlayStation, and never even a thing on the PSOne model.

2. Command & Conquer: Red Alert.
Again, for PC and PlayStation. I was completely and utterly addicted to this game during my school years so I got the PS version to play when I couldn't use the PC. I didn't need two copies for the PlayStation this time around for that mysterious Link Game thing either; the game had two discs which were both suitable for Skirmish/Link Game mode.

3. Duke Nukem 3D.
Wow we're seeing a pattern here; PC & PlayStation. Only bought one for PlayStation this time though, since a mate already had his own copy of the game. In hindsight a bit of a mistake because there was no co-op option and Dukematch was a bit shit with only two players, although the exclusive episode sort of made up for that. Almost. I did buy it a second time on PC since the original DOS version is a bit of a POS to get going nowadays and Megaton Edition lets me fuck around in co-op over Steam.

4. Dynasty Warriors 4.
My PS2 decided to spaz the fuck out one day and do untold horrors to the disc, so off I went to get a replacement because a break from this game would invariably lead to withdrawal symptoms.

5. Tekken Tag Tournament.
I bought this decrepit fucking cunt at least four times before giving up on it completely. Quite possibly the most fragile game I've ever owned. You just looked at this one funny, and the disc would suddenly and inexplicably be damaged beyond use. Utterly fucking baffling. Meanwhile several other PS2 games looked like they'd been skimmed over a field of sandpaper daily and would work just fine.

6. Resident Evil.
I don't suppose buying Director's Cut really counts, but I bought the original for PlayStation and then much later for PC because of a couple of extra unlockables. Then I did exactly the same with RE2 because of an extra mode missing from the PlayStation version.

7. Quake II.
PC and PlayStation. Got the PlayStation version first then got the PC version (and eventually the expansions) a bit later because I was missing out.

hewantstolurkatad

Excluding Humble Bundles? Very few...

I bought a particular gamecube package because it had a disc of Zelda games with it, I subsequently bought the original release of Wind Waker with the Ocarina disc.
Whatever the first pro evo to come out on the PSP was, I got it for PS2 and PSP. If Burnout Legends counts as a handheld version of 3, then add that in here too.

I'll probably wind up buying a few LucasArts games again on steam some time in the future I'm sure.

madhair60

I think I've bought the original Sonic the Hedgehog at least ten times. Shovel Knight thrice.

madhair60

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on May 17, 2017, 02:17:09 PM
I first bought Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - the greatest fighting game of all time - when I was at university. It was our favourite game by miles. Unfortunately, during my summer holidays one year, I lent it to an old school friend who promptly misplaced it (I suspect he traded it with someone in exchange for weed). So I went to ebay to buy a replacement copy (I couldn't find it in the shops, as it was apparently out of print at this point). Some time after that, my PS2 stopped being able to read CDs, so I was left unable to play it yet again, until it was released on Xbox Live several years later. More recently I had to format the 360's hard disk, only to find that the game was no longer available to download.

If you've bought it, you should still be able to download it from your download history.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I should indeed but, last time I checked,  it didn't seem to exist.

shh

Re-bought the first two Oddworld games on steam after having them on PS1, and am tempted to buy again for PS4 (although I've read some sniffy reviews about the analogue controls).