Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Night Out recording

Started by TheMonk, May 18, 2017, 12:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

Went to the final recording last night. Brilliant stuff. Laughed a lot and hard at some really strong material - maybe it was because I was pissed and sat about 10ft away from them, but I thought Vic and Bob were at their surreal best. The VTs were great too. There was an unsettling moment towards the end where, following an energetic 'fight', the show stopped for a minute or two as Bob worked hard to catch his breath. I sensed that everyone the audience was thinking the same thing as me - Christ please Bob, don't die on us! If last night was anything to go by, the TV show(s) should be a treat.

the science eel

Any idea when this thing is going to be broadcast?

poo

Malcy

Quote from: the science eel on July 04, 2018, 01:17:03 AM
Any idea when this thing is going to be broadcast?

Partridge has been finished for nearly 2 months and might not be on till next year so this could be a while but I hope not. Really looking forward to it.

I still maintain that Catterick is the best Vic & Bob thing ever though. Wish they would go back to that but doubt they ever will.

Twed

I love Catterick. The best bit for me is right at the beginning, where Vic as Chris is just walking alone. He struts, cancels some hops over a fence,
kicks a child ("Tosser!" "I know!"), hands in his pockets the entire time. Not many people could come up with that and perform it so well. Natural comedy instinct there.

madhair60

Quote from: Twed on July 04, 2018, 05:46:18 PM
I love Catterick. The best bit for me is right at the beginning, where Vic as Chris is just walking alone. He struts, cancels some hops over a fence,
kicks a child ("Tosser!" "I know!"), hands in his pockets the entire time. Not many people could come up with that and perform it so well. Natural comedy instinct there.

Pedantic, sorry, but - his hands aren't even in his pockets, just sort of hovering in place as though mirroring the act without actually achieving it. Brilliant.

Twed

Didn't notice, but that's a lovely detail and I'm glad you pointed it out. I thought it was that sort-of "finger tips in pockets" thing like in line dancing, but it's not.

Malcy

Catterick had such a great cast as well. They've never bettered it in my eyes. Every time you watch it you notice something new. And Mark Benton just improves everything he looks at.