Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gmail "Smart Reply"

Started by Beagle 2, May 19, 2017, 12:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

I noticed this pop up on my phone yesterday. A mate sent me an email consisting of the words "I'm crying", and I got the suggested reply buttons of "Me too", "What's wrong?" or "Why?". Nothing says I care like a perfunctory press of the "What's wrong?" button.

This was in a conversation about Chris Cornell. Later on, my mate joked that it sounded like the ex-singer of Soundgarden and ex-alive human might have died attempting an "Asphyxiwee", and Gmail suggested "Yes it does", "No it doesn't" and, hilariously, "I'll try it".

I mean, fuck off. I guess I knew that Gmail read my emails to sell me stuff, but I could do without it popping up to join in the conversation.

Glebe

This is just another step in the grand masterplan. We'll all be drones doing Trump's bidding shortly.

Barry Admin

* Barry Admin thinks this is bad and shit

Barry Admin

It's kind of staggering how... automated or templated communication is becoming. Click this, push that. Pick an emoji, here's a relevant selection. (I actually had to turn this off on my 5s).

Here's a bunch of emotions, click one. Your complicated opinions and views - determined by your unique life experience - can be boiled down to one of the following childish pictures.

HappyTree

Almost none of the "helpful" stuff computers suggest is any use. Twitter just changed its settings so I went in and was warned that turning off all the predicting what I like shite would be a bad move. Quel dommage. I actually just want to follow people and read what they say in a sequential manner. I don't need anyone to curate my life for me, thanks.

Sebastian Cobb