Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

When Did You Become Completely Sick to Fucking Death of Ant&Dec?

Started by yesitsme, May 30, 2017, 10:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yesitsme

I've been royally fed up of these two bastards for a long time but their current twatting about in the wings of BGT surely is a new low even for them.

Two men who've spent the majority of their careers laughing and sneering at desperate people whether they're trying to start a singing career or neck a pint of dingo vomit - how is that entertainment?

'Oh they ARE funny though!'  Yeah, apart from themselves there's no one they make laugh more than the camera crew and other off screen team.

I don't know if they've always done this but they've taken to joining in with the Austrian dance troupe, the Koren tumbling act or the Norwegian girl band on BGT by literally acting out what's going on stage.  Two (well dodgey) old codgers 'Still Game' it up - A'n'D suddenly have a couple of flat caps on hand, some arse sings a song about Chicken and Chips - the Geordie funsters suddenly have a cone of chips to illustrate their spontaneous ad-libbing.

It shouldn't annoy me, it's ITV, it's Saturday it's 100% drivel but it does and they do.

I was too old for Byker Grove and their sketch show (although I did see the 'she's gagging for it' moment, very uneasy).  We'd watch the start of SM:TV using the Pokemon as the signal to get up and put the breakfast on but I couldnt' get in to 'Chums'.  One joke strecthed out over a thousand years.  Plus I always felt they were very alpha male to Cat Deeley.

Something a bit fishy about these two. 

Anyway, are any other Metro readers sick to the back teeth of these?  Or do you like their cheeky smiles and genuine warmth?

Mark your replies 'Why aye y'booger!' or 'Hadawayanshiteman' depending.

Quincey

QuoteI don't know if they've always done this but they've taken to joining in with the Austrian dance troupe, the Koren tumbling act or the Norwegian girl band on BGT by literally acting out what's going on stage.  Two (well dodgey) old codgers 'Still Game' it up - A'n'D suddenly have a couple of flat caps on hand, some arse sings a song about Chicken and Chips - the Geordie funsters suddenly have a cone of chips to illustrate their spontaneous ad-libbing.

They have always done this, and it is very tedious. I think they have done it on the X Factor too. Ant and Dec represent the cultural desert that is mainstream Britain.

They both have OBEs can you believe it.

Apparently they starred in a Likely Lads tribute.

thraxx

I think i can pinpoint the point the time i got fed up with them to about 20 seconds after their first appearance in Byker Grove.

Quincey

I presume that they have to get Ant and Dec to dick about in the wings for each act with props as they don't know which acts will be shown in the final edit.

Imagine being the location buyer on that show.

BlodwynPig

Their talents have been frittered away by TV Execs. Much of Dec's humour was fermented in our classroom - an all boy's Roman Catholic Comprehensive. Ant, on the other hand, went to the Rutherford, further up the West Road - the hard lads and lasses school (now replaced with a sports academy). We were never sneering, but our (and Dec's) wit was honed by a raft of eccentric characters amongst the teaching staff. Dec left before sixth form, and when he and Ant first appeared on Gimme 5 and then The Ant & Dec show, i recognised the same cheeky and slightly surrealistic comedy that had shaped our formative years. I think it persisted for a while after super-stardom beckoned. However, from what I see now, there is very little trace of it in their over-polished, try-to-hard, scripted nonsense.

maett

Up until they released that single I was vaguely aware of their existence in Byker Grove, but I didn't watch it. As soon as they started poncing about with that song I disliked them. When they started presenting and appeared to be ripping off Vic and Bob but for fucking morons I hated them, when they became hugely liked and successful was when I was sick to fucking death of them. They are probably decent enough chaps but by fuck are they untalented and unfunny and fuck ugly.

Shit Good Nose

I don't watch anything they're in, nor do I have the intense dislike that a lot of you obviously do, so this thread doesn't really apply to me.

However, the moment that Dec's genuine anger and frustration about callers not being able to get the obvious in Wonky Donkey, turned into scripted mugging was probably the beginning of the end.

yesitsme

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on May 30, 2017, 01:14:49 PM
I don't watch anything they're in, nor do I have the intense dislike that a lot of you obviously do, so this thread doesn't really apply to me.

However, the moment that Dec's genuine anger and frustration about callers not being able to get the obvious in Wonky Donkey, turned into scripted mugging was probably the beginning of the end.

Aye, I always used to question the versimilitude of those calls.  It's like they (TV producers) can't be happy with what they've got isn't it?  They want 'more of that' all the time.

Just to clarify I don't 'hate' Ant and Dec.  Just can't stick 'em.

Replies From View

I don't really understand how their careers haven't ever diverged.  When one of them dies how will the other one cope?

Icehaven

Quote from: Replies From View on May 30, 2017, 02:13:58 PM
I don't really understand how their careers haven't ever diverged.

Because if someone said ''Iiiiiittttt'sss....Dec!!'' or ''Please welcommmmme....Ant!'' we wouldn't have a clue who they were until they walked on, and they know it. They have effectively become two halves of one TV presenter

Bazooka

Quote from: Replies From View on May 30, 2017, 02:13:58 PM
I don't really understand how their careers haven't ever diverged.  When one of them dies how will the other one cope?

You have seen E.T? It works like that.

Quincey

I'd love to see a BGT act properly satirise Ant and Dec and the judges rather than the toothless bollocks (good name for a band) the comedy acts come out with.

Replies From View

Quote from: thraxx on May 30, 2017, 10:59:15 AM
I think i can pinpoint the point the time i got fed up with them to about 20 seconds after their first appearance in Byker Grove.

For me it was 0.00000001 seconds after it.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mr Brightside on May 30, 2017, 03:24:35 PM
I don't mind Ant and Dec.

Me neither. Can't remember the last time I watched them in anything, probably I'm A Celebrity back in the 2000s, but they always seemed likeable enough types to me. When there's so many things worthy of people's hatred they seem a very odd target.

Replies From View

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 30, 2017, 04:39:30 PM
Me neither. Can't remember the last time I watched them in anything, probably I'm A Celebrity back in the 2000s, but they always seemed likeable enough types to me. When there's so many things worthy of people's hatred they seem a very odd target.

They're a couple of grown-up school pals.  Doesn't it even make you just a tiny bit SICK??

Gulftastic

Liked them on SM:TV, but they were no Dick & Dom.

Didn't mind them doing the back stage twatting about on BGT (although I haven't watched it in years so they might have got worse).

Can't stand them on their Saturday Night shows. So fucking forced. I saw once on my youtube recommended list that they re-did 'Ready To Rhumble' again. Pricks.

JoeyBananaduck

I'm occasionally exposed to BGT by relatives and I can't believe how much whatever they once had has been squandered. Ant's entire shtick now seems to be gurning in the wings at the camera and going "Ayy? Urrhhh'. Sometimes spiced up with a 'wahey' or the aforementioned 'hilarious' waving a prop tangentially related to the act. Dec, on the other hand, manages to both stand there in virtual silence and also look uncannily like Declan Donnelly, which is really quite something.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 30, 2017, 04:39:30 PM

Ubiquity is something that can make a person sick of anyone.

DrGreggles

I don't watch any of their shows (since SMTV anyway), but they both seem likeable enough to me.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 30, 2017, 09:29:54 PM
Ubiquity is something that can make a person sick of anyone.

I get that in certain situations, and it was obviously far worse in the days of three tv channels and no internet, etc, but I find it ridiculously easy to avoid them by not watching ITV, which isn't exactly a hardship.

Mr Brightside

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 30, 2017, 05:07:21 PM
Liked them on SM:TV, but they were no Dick & Dom.

This has to be a troll post. Dick & Dom? Fuck off.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Mr Brightside on May 30, 2017, 10:33:36 PM
This has to be a troll post. Dick & Dom? Fuck off.

No troll. Da Bungalow was one of the finest Saturday/Sunday morning shows ever.

Mr Brightside

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 30, 2017, 11:26:26 PM
No troll. Da Bungalow was one of the finest Saturday/Sunday morning shows ever.

Well, okay. I respect your opinion. Don't agree with it, though. Dick & Dom are awful.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 30, 2017, 11:26:26 PM
Da Bungalow was one of the finest Saturday/Sunday morning shows ever.

Too fucking right it was!

Quincey

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 30, 2017, 10:13:19 PM
I get that in certain situations, and it was obviously far worse in the days of three tv channels and no internet, etc, but I find it ridiculously easy to avoid them by not watching ITV, which isn't exactly a hardship.

They do seem to be on billboards and in the media all the time as well. And most of the British public love talking about them. The kind of people who watch ITV on a regular basis seem to see them as loveable cheeky chappies who fly the flag for England.

QuoteThere are loads of ways Matt Edwards could've thanked Ant and Dec for hitting their Golden Buzzer for him.
The comic magician might've bought them a pint, gone for a round of golf or maybe just bought them a nice thank you card and bunch of flowers.
Instead, Matt has decided to put one of the duo's lives in danger. We don't think they do cards for that at Clinton's.
Speaking to RadioTimes.com and other press ahead of his live semi-final performance tonight, Matt said: "I'm looking forward to tonight because it's the first time I've seen them since the audition. I've got a new trick that I'm putting in that involves either Ant or Dec but hopefully it's a bit dangerous. I can tell you that much."

You're right Radio Times, they don't do cards for putting lives in danger at Clintons? Does the RT mean that Ant and Dec can't find a card to send Matt Edwards for putting their lives in danger or that Matt Edwards doesn't have a thank you now have some on telly peril card to send them.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 30, 2017, 10:13:19 PM

Well, quite. They're alright. Seem like good blokes who genuinely enjoy each other's company.

Bazooka

Ant has a big forehead and so do I, can't hate on an equal.

Dr Syntax Head

They're in the same universe as the likes of Corden. Those celebs that really fucking stupid and unimaginative people say 'ooh I'd love to be mates with them and have lad bantz down the pub'.

They've achieved nothing in relation to the art world. They have contributed nothing to the progression of mankind. My cat stood on it's hind legs last night. That had more impact on the world.