Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:16:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

When Did You Become Completely Sick to Fucking Death of Ant&Dec?

Started by yesitsme, May 30, 2017, 10:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colacentral

They're good children's tv presenters. No different than someone like Keith Chegwin or Chris Tarrant really.

Dr Syntax Head

Precisely. So why don't they fuck off back to CBBC then?

Lord Mandrake

I especially hate the Dec one, who the fuck does he think he is? Fucking ponce.

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on May 31, 2017, 05:31:02 PM
They're in the same universe as the likes of Corden. Those celebs that really fucking stupid and unimaginative people say 'ooh I'd love to be mates with them and have lad bantz down the pub'.

I think Graham Norton's a better comparison- someone/two people with a fair degree of wit and talent who quite a few of us enjoyed tuning in for in the 90s but whose appeal/material has been eroded through a ridiculous level of overexposure. Corden's always just been a useless ingratiating bully.

Their animal cruelty stuff can go fuck a duck, though.

...so to answer the OP, "I'm A Celebrity..." was my tipping point.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on May 31, 2017, 10:16:57 PM
I especially hate the Dec one, who the fuck does he think he is? Fucking ponce.

A man, I think.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

They're in the same universe as the likes of Corden. Those celebs that really fucking stupid and unimaginative people say 'ooh I'd love to be mates with them and have lad bantz down the pub'.

They've achieved nothing in relation to the art world. They have contributed nothing to the progression of mankind. My cat stood on it's hind legs last night. That had more impact on the world.

WRONG

PJ going blind from a paintball and shouting AHHH MEE EYES GEOFF MAN MEEE EYES I CANNAT SEE is a seminal moment of kids drama.

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 01, 2017, 12:27:59 AM
WRONG

PJ going blind from a paintball and shouting AHHH MEE EYES GEOFF MAN MEEE EYES I CANNAT SEE is a seminal moment of kids drama.

I accept this correction with the grace it deserves

hewantstolurkatad

Quote from: bim sherman shirts on June 01, 2017, 12:20:31 AM
I think Graham Norton's a better comparison- someone/two people with a fair degree of wit and talent who quite a few of us enjoyed tuning in for in the 90s but whose appeal/material has been eroded through a ridiculous level of overexposure. Corden's always just been a useless ingratiating bully.

I'd say Graham Norton is undoubtedly still talented and capable of putting in a good performance.

Honestly, I've probably seen Ant & Dec on the television about 3 times since I got broadband over a decade. When you've a hard drive stuffed with films and tv shows, there's no valid reason whatsoever to turn on ITV for longer than the half a second it takes to go past it when flicking through channels.

FredNurke

Quote from: bim sherman shirts on June 01, 2017, 12:20:31 AM

A duck that amusingly runs away from its own legs at the end of the sketch?

Norton Canes

Difficult to answer the OP because A&D haven't been in any programmes I like, so it's not as if I can say they've spoiled anything for me. Their constant mugging to camera and ripping off of Reeves and Mortimer mannerisms hasn't endeared me to them. 

Thus ends the day's dullest post.

Brundle-Fly

They've achieved nothing in relation to the art world. They have contributed nothing to the progression of mankind. My cat stood on it's hind legs last night. That had more impact on the world.

I don't believe they are entering the Turner Prize anytime soon but if they did, I wonder if those hateful proles would still like to meet them then, eh?

machotrouts

Is the trailer for Ant & Dec's Christmas Show in 2009 anywhere online? I was looking for it on YouTube a few days ago. It was Ant & Dec comparing the guest lists of their Christmas parties, Ant is saying something like "oh yeah mine will be great I'm having a couple of friends round and my neighbour" or something like that, "what about you", and Dec reels off this abominable list of boring celebrity twats, I can't remember who exactly but I know Piers Morgan was on there, Amanda Holden I think, The Saturdays, some X Factor people, probably Peter Andre, just all the worst dregs of 2009 ITV who were guesting on the show, apparently Cliff Richard was on it so I suppose him too, and Ant chokes on his drink slightly and goes "oh, can I come to yours instead". The implication being that Dec's party is obviously the more appealing one. The list of guests then flashes up on screen to really drive it home, I think all glittery and gold to emphasise how star-studded it is.

I didn't see the show itself, but that trailer's just really stuck in my mind over the past few years as something a bit upsetting and bleak. Not that ITV has changed much since then, but I feel like it's going to be a fascinatingly tragic time capsule by 2024 or so.