Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:31:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tabs Du Jour!

Started by Vermschneid Mehearties, February 18, 2004, 07:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermschneid Mehearties

..And a few chords if you fancy it.

First up: Air-Cherry Blossom Girl

A lovely intro which took me a while to work out- it's quick and it takes some practice. Get some stoned 8 year old or someone up for a laugh to sing the vocals dreamily, as you play this on loop:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------x
------5---------5-----------6-----------5------------5-----------5-------x
---7--7--7-7---7--7--7----7--7--5----5--5--5----5--5--5----5--5-x
--7-7--7--7-7---7--8--8----8--5--5----5--5--5----5--5--5----5---x

---------------------------------x
---------------------------------x
--------5--------6h8 5--------x
----7------7--7--------5------x
--7--7--7--8------------5----x
--------------------------------

The second row is an overlap. Just continue playing. As with most tabs play along with the song to get the timing (and the not if you're in different tuning). I'm using standard.

Second up- Some chords for Outkast's Hey Ya. I know some 'whores find this song irritating, but I think it's a quite refreshing slice of pop. Quite funky, and a bit of hip hop/reggae splashed in too. The whole song has a rhythm guitar backing. Very good song to play along to as well if you're at a loose end.

I'll do the lyrics: That'll make it easier for the timing.

Intro:

1,2,3,uh...

Verse:

G----------------C------------------------------------D -----------------------Em      
My baby dont mess around because she loves me so and this i know for sure

G--------------------C----------------------------D--------------------Em
But does she really want to?  But can't stand to see me walk out the door

G-------------C------------------------------D--------------------------Em
Dont try to fight the feeling cos the thought alone is killing me right now

G-----------------C------------------------------------D ----------------------------Em
Thank God for mom and dad for sticking two together cause we dont know how

Chorus: (x4)

G----------C-----D--------Em
Heyyyyyy  Ya!   Heyyyy Yaaaaaaa!

----------------------------------------------------

So that's it. If you fancy helping a few VW's with tabs and new stuff you've worked out, just use this thread and give us all something to play when we're at a loose end.

Hal

Nice thread!

How about Aerials by System Of A Down.
It has everything I *love* in heavy rock music-wise - decending progressions and simple but effective heavy parts.
Though I've often thought that the last octave on the chorus-type riff should slide down to the D from E; it seems to suggest itself.

(By the way, I hope it's alright if I just link something, otherwise sorry).

<grin>

DonkeyRods

Benson & Hedges

Alright alright Im leaving...

Vermschneid Mehearties

Hmmm.

I'm a bit disappointed. I thought we'd have a few more guitarists here. Oh well. I'll keep plugging away, I'm sure it'll get noticed. The last time I remember have a chat about guitaring was with Neil and Frinky in the bomb'd shelter.

Here's another Air track, this time Alone In Kyoto. A little less hard work than Cherry Blossom Girl to play, but just as enjoyable. It didn't take me long to figure it out. This is the lead riff which is played 5-6 times in the song:

-------------------------------------------------9p6----------------x
-------7-6----------7-6---------7-6---------------7p6-----------x
-8--8-----6---8--8----6--8--8----6--8--8-------------8--------x
---8---------6--8--------6--8--------6--8-------------------------x
-----------------------------------------------------------------------x
-----------------------------------------------------------------------x

Play along with the song, and repeat if neccesary

Uncle_Z

Do I have to have tabbed them myself or are we essentially reprising "what songs do you love to play?".  If i) then *whimper* if ii) did I mention Dont' Think Twice It's All Right last time? if yes then *whimper* again but I will bugger off and see if I can find a diag for the funky little thumb / fingerpick business.

european son

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"Hmmm.

I'm a bit disappointed. I thought we'd have a few more guitarists here.

well i "play" guitar, but i'm not one for anything other than smashing out barre chords frankly. i don't do solos, both because i can't and because i hate them, so here's my contribution to the thread.

from here

Ramones-Commando

Introx2:
C#/// E///  A/// B////

Verse x2:
B/ C#/  B/ C#/
B/ C#/  B/ C#/   E/  F#/  E/ F#/        

Chorusx4:
C#/// E///  A/// B////

Vermschneid Mehearties

QuoteDo I have to have tabbed them myself or are we essentially reprising "what songs do you love to play?".

If you want to just post tabs and chords of things from websites, I won't grumble too much, but it'd be really nice if you could tab out some music you really like playing.
The idea was to basically post up tabs and chords for songs which we'd love to play, but never got round to working out.