Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:23:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley - February 2005

Started by Neil, December 08, 2004, 08:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Hello again Christopher,

Quote from: "You"OK, well then that's not cool.

If you keep getting twats coming here and being supercool you could always try the tactic they use with streakers now which is to just leave them. Then they don't really know what to do and eventually realise they look like a tit and get embarassed and just sulk off. If no one's running to catch them then they don't really have any purpose.

It's genius.

I think it's also possible to ban IPs from forums but I don't know how and you can probably get round it anyway.

Maybe you should have like an hour every week where you can sign up, then at least they'll only be able to open up a few accounts and you can delete them as soon as they start being a boob.
You make some good points there, wish I could be more specific in my replies.  Suffice it to say that although the contribution is appreciated, generally the people running the site know all that already, and if that was the problem, would have done most if not all of that already.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Anonymous"eh? what d'ya mean? don't get me wrong I think he's a cunt too :)  

just dont see what you mean bythat
Hello you.  Hope you're keeping well.

slim

Quote from: "Another whining twat"It was just coincidental that I was complimenting cookdandbombd at the time.
No, you were full of shit then and you're full of shit now. You're another one - if you don't like it, just fuck off. I'm sick of reading the boring moans of you oh-so-brave, boat rocking, whining little fucks.

Edit: Got another word wrong. My brain is broken.

TJ

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"Despite what TJ said later, I think that this IS broadly true, at least as far as announcements in here are concerned.  Sorry TJ.  I could be wrong.  Until your recent "...Neil and I have explained this countless times in the past - registrations are turned off without warning if..." post, I have never really seen it explained.

It tends to get explained in passing as and when, in a sort of "ah fuck, there's no getting rid of this troll bastard, apart from turning registration off for a while" kind of way, rather than big threads devoted to the subject or anything, so it's quite feasible that it could have just slipped by without you noticing.

Neil

Result!  I'm going to turn registrations on, just so I can instantly turn them off again to make doubly sure he can't get back in under a new account name.  That'll learn him for disagreeing with me, the blighter!

Oh no not another guest

I'm finding Janek's mentality interesting.  I can only assume that he/she/it is the kind of person who hangs around outside people's houses waiting to be invited in; then when the invitation is extended drinks all the babycham, before having a go at the people who own the house and getting uppity when asked to show a little respect.

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "Janek's Little Black Box"I had you fooled for a bit. I really seemed interesting for a while, didn't I? It was just coincidental that I was complimenting cookdandbombd at the time.
Yes, it was, I think, but I imagine you'd take some convincing of that. I for one have found other things you've said to be more interesting than the 'complimentary' bit. It's a shame it's all a bit puffed up, you know, but this place is quite good at knocking that out of a person over time, and rendering them all nice and assimilated. So perhaps you're well out of it, you special person you.

Oh, right, you've gone, so you won't read this.

Guestyface

The Vids legend Nigel Buckland can be found making new stuff here:

www.thefraudcast.com

Please check it out and hopefully enjoy. That's all really.

Steve Thompson Dance Mix

I would say this, but my case couldn't fall into either reasons given as to why registrations were switched off.  I orginally posted a few years ago, and seemed to get on well. I can understand the caution and suspicion that may greet new members but like many of you, I'm in need of a vent, a place for discussion where we can understand what the fuck's gone wrong with British comedy and society in general. Er...that's my point really.

Neil

There's no caution or suspicion really.  Your old account will have been lost in the board reinstallation.  I'll try and get the place fixed up a bit this week, I think.

Steve Thomspon Dance Mix

Glebe

Glebe

[EDIT] Whoops, my mistake. Posted in wrong thread. Ignore.

GK

Bringing back an ultra-old thread, but does anyone still have these pics stashed anywhere? Wanted to reference one but they're gone from that old site...

Cheers :)

LeboviciAB84

An tSaoi

Wow, you can really see the birthmark there. I never knew what people were talking about when they mentioned it.

And doesn't he look odd off the telly? I always had this silly idea of him going round with his slick-backed hair.

purlieu

This 'Nathan Barley' show sounds promising!

benjula

oh man, there's a guy who comes into my local tesco's every now and again and i kept wanting to go up and ask if it was morris but i was sure it only looked like him but after seeing those pictures i'm pretty sure it was him and i'm now annoyed with myself. Damn.