Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:42:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Black Panther.

Started by Glebe, June 10, 2017, 03:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Black Panther teaser trailer.

What d'you reckon, lads. He was a big highlight of Civil War for me.

popcorn

Kinky suit.

Wanking now.

e: finished.

Funcrusher

I am considering seeing this, as I enjoyed Ryan Coogler's 'Creed', which would be the first time I've bothered with a superhero film since The Dark Knight Returns. That said, the presence of Martin Freeman is a fairly sizeable potential deal breaker.

thraxx

I'd like to see a Black Panther vs Pink Panther film.  Black gets a stanley knife and pink a halberd.

Custard

I actually completely forgot about Black Panther, and that he had a solo film coming

He was excellent in Civil War, and its Marvel, so this should be at least alright, shouldn't it?

Black Panther (2018) - Well, it was alright

Mister Six

He was great in Civil War, and I'm hoping he'll remain pretty straight-faced and not become a quippy pratfalling jokester like most of the Marvel protagonists.

Trailer looks... All right. I'm more interested in the Wakanda stuff and less on the anaemic backflipping business (though I imagine the Fx on the fancier scenes aren't finished yet) so hope they lean into that and don't just use it as a swanky backdrop for the big finale.

(I also hope they come up with a decent, emotionally engaging climax and don't just spunk pixels everywhere like most Marvel movies do.)

Cast looks great - love Serkis with a Saffer accent and always good to see Whittaker. I don't even mind Tim from The Office.

Not interested in Spider-Man and only now starting to feel any curiosity about Wonder Woman after all the positive reviews, so this is my next real superhero fix, most likely.

greenman

Looks like it could be decent but I can't help but think....

MuteBanana

It would've been nice to actually get to know the character in the trailer.  A line or two. Does he speak in it at all?

He was awesome in that Avengers movie though.

You know whos loving this trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9io-b9Uew

Glebe

Quote from: MuteBanana on June 12, 2017, 11:42:52 AMIt would've been nice to actually get to know the character in the trailer.

Yeah, that's a bit odd... they weirdly had to grab your attention with Bilbo and Gollum there - hey look, it's got white people in it, don't run away! Anyway, fingers crossed, his introduction to the franchise was superb, hopefully his own gig will be worth the wait.

ieXush2i

People said the same thing about the original GotG trailer - "who is Star Lord? Why aren't they telling us more about these people?? How are they guardianing????" - and you don't really have to explain your main character in a trailer when you've got amazing looking worlds and an intriguing tone you want to convey. Even worked with Man Of Steel, with the Malick shots of a child and a cape along with Costner voiceover. Sadly the movie turned out to be a load of the usual Snyder shite, but that was a good trailer.

tl, dr: give the impression of an interesting film and you don't have to explain characters

Bazooka

I'm not so sure, his abilities are a bit dull and the fighting scenes of the last few marvel scenes have been a real bore, yes fighting being made boring.

phantom_power

This is only a teaser as well really. The film isn't out for another nine months is it? I am sure there will be some more character-driven trailers to come

ieXush2i

Civil War, the 14th highest grossing movie worldwide, serves as a pretty effective character introduction/trailer too.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

He was plenty charismatic in Civil War. I've not seen Fruitvale Station, but Creed was good - although it remains to be seen how much of Coogler's directorial stamp will make it through the Marvel machinery.

My main worry is that T'Challa might be a bit too much like Thor. Thor 2 had him brooding over being king and this looks like it might repeat that. One of the biggest downsides of Doctor Strange was that he was basically just Tony Stark.

Urinal Cake

I look forward to people complaining about 'black only' screenings.

A few years back I would've been amped but Marvel has a strategy and everything blurs together now.

Glebe

Hee hee... spotted on Facebook:

Bad Ambassador

His special powers include robbing post offices, shooting people in the face and possibly hanging heiresses in drainage shafts. Can't see how he'll be much of an asset to the Avengers.

Glebe

Black Panther: 20 New Images From the Marvel Adventure!

Looks like Martin Freeman and Andy Serkis are the only white people in it!

Glebe

New trailer.

That's more action-packed and that.

Dr Rock

Serkis is going to be Klaw right? I just hope they try to replicate Kirby's design just a little bit. I reckon he'll just look and dress the same but will have a sonic blast thing as a forearm.

phantom_power

Yeah I think he was already introduced as Klaw in Age of Ultron, and got his arm cut off

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 18, 2017, 12:44:26 AM
Serkis is going to be Klaw right? I just hope they try to replicate Kirby's design just a little bit. I reckon he'll just look and dress the same but will have a sonic blast thing as a forearm.

In the trailer when he is hanging out of the car his hand opens up and it shoots another car!

Dr Rock

Quote from: phantom_power on October 18, 2017, 08:23:13 AM
Yeah I think he was already introduced as Klaw in Age of Ultron, and got his arm cut off

Yes I realised that, and that it was a set-up for him to become Klaw, but it's this film where he's going to get some kind of sonic blaster attachment.

I'm excited about this movie though, I always loved Black Panther and he was one of the best things in Captain America - Civil War.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on October 18, 2017, 08:35:25 AM
In the trailer when he is hanging out of the car his hand opens up and it shoots another car!

Civilian clothes, and yeah, the blaster thing emerges from a human looking hand. That's a long way from the comic-book version. Pah!

biggytitbo

Not Steve Martin blacked up then.

Blumf

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 18, 2017, 09:44:22 AM
Not Steve Martin blacked up then.

If you look closely, you'll notice that Steve Martin has always been a black guy in white-face

phantom_power

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 18, 2017, 08:42:20 AM
Yes I realised that, and that it was a set-up for him to become Klaw, but it's this film where he's going to get some kind of sonic blaster attachment.

I'm excited about this movie though, I always loved Black Panther and he was one of the best things in Captain America - Civil War.

I didn't know anything about the character before Civil War but he was great in that and the trailer to this is good. Wakanda looks amazing and it is great to see a different colour palette in a Marvel film

Mister Six

Seems to be following the tone of Winter Soldier, which I like. How they don't pull a Doctor Strange and cram a few tone-fucking, (mostly) shit jokes in there in post.

Glebe

Quote from: Blumf on October 18, 2017, 11:01:02 AMIf you look closely, you'll notice that Steve Martin has always been a black guy in white-face

That's Martin's hilarious turn in this:

Glebe