Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:01:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2017

Started by Shay Chaise, June 10, 2017, 03:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Freeze

I know very little about the old cricket lark but had the radio on in the car on the way home this morning and they mentioned the idea of rotating the keepers between sessions during a test match, especially seeing as we have three half decent ones apparently.

So I obviously came here to see what you lot thought of the idea?

monolith

Foakes might have injured his finger. If he needs replacing I can't begin to describe how much I'd laugh if Root gave the gloves to Buttler.

Thursday

Impressive there from Sri Lanka, that was England levels of collapse. Well done.

Andy147

Quote from: monolith on November 23, 2018, 12:27:20 PM
From what he has said both before and after the match, the anger seems very much to do with the gloves. I don't know why it's such a big deal for him to wicket keep, seems an ego thing which is why it is annoying.

Glib answer would be "because his father was a wicket-keeper", and the fact that he committed suicide might make it a bigger deal.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Must be in the bag now. Have to say Sri Lanka have been crap but our game plan has worked consistently.

Would have been interesting to see Sri Lanka bat first in this test though to see how we responded.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Surprisingly tense finish!

monolith

Yeah they've made a great go at this. Can't see them getting the remaining runs but it's a lot closer than I thought it would be.

king_tubby

The NZ collapse is pretty amusing.

gilbertharding

Yes... although what's going on there?

Pakistan 418/5 is a reasonable declaration, I suppose... it's a lot of runs - but how did they know NZ wouldn't get close to it? I mean, they won the first test, didn't they?

monolith

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 26, 2018, 10:43:06 AM
Yes... although what's going on there?

Pakistan 418/5 is a reasonable declaration, I suppose... it's a lot of runs - but how did they know NZ wouldn't get close to it? I mean, they won the first test, didn't they?
Slow scoring match, only 207 runs scored on the first day.

gilbertharding

I see - they were going for the draw, but NZ shit the bed?

It's a funny old game, Saint.

Mantle Retractor

Just a quick bump to say how much I am enjoying Australia getting battered at home, following-on, and doing a rain dance to avoid the inevitable 3-1 bully-ramming the cheating cunts deserve.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shame those responsible aren't involved in the losing but hey ho - get to fuck Australia

monolith

70+ year old unbeaten streak at home against India as well.

rjd2

If England were not so erratic its possible they could 5-0 this shower of shite in the Ashes. Smith returning helps obviously, but Warner dunno and Bancroft is nothing special. They are still waiting for Khawaja to get some consistency, while the Marshes hang about doing fuck all. Paine is nowhere as good as Haddin either as a wicket keeper although obviously a better bloke.

Bowlers never seem to be able to keep fit either, expect one of the main guys to go down and tried and er tested Petter Siddle to spearhead the attack.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Based on the performance against India they will lose, Smith back will make it a contest.

Particularly as we will probably not score over 350 in any innings anyway.

monolith

Any other year this century and weather permitting there would be a chance of a 5-0 but we will throw in at least one 120 all out which will lose us a test.

Most confident I've ever been heading in to an Ashes series though.

king_tubby

First test vs the W. Indies starts today! I enjoyed Root's comments on Boycott's comments regarding the West Indies squad.

QuoteIt doesn't surprise me that he's said something like that but we are very aware that's not the case, especially in these conditions. I am sure he's enjoyed everything that comes from saying that and the attention it's given

MiddleRabbit

Boycott's a twat, and always has been.  I'm still glad he's around though.  I do enjoy a cantankerous old git commenting on the cricket.  It's almost as if that's what cricket's for.

Excellent withering riposte from Root though, yeah.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What was actually said? That Windies are shit?

iamcoop

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 23, 2019, 01:51:59 PM
What was actually said? That Windies are shit?

Essentially. I think he said in a column that the windies are an average side populated by average players.

king_tubby

iamcoop

After the unpleasant shock of an away series win nice to see the boys keeping their feet on the ground out in the Caribbean. 44/4

jobotic

So there's no TMS for this? How long has that been the case?

king_tubby

Sri Lanka in November was Talksport too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Another wicket down.

Smashing effort guys

iamcoop

48/6 now.

We're back lads!

As for Talksport any broadcaster that gives Jarrod Kimber more airtime than Michael Atherton can get fucked.

jobotic

iamcoop

We're obviously trying to beat our personal Caribbean innings best of 51 so at 49/7 you really have to give kudos to the lads

Thursday

Jennings 17 is starting to look heroic. And they were all slagging him off!