Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:23:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2017

Started by Shay Chaise, June 10, 2017, 03:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monolith

Despite my misgivings about our test side, our ODI side is fucking brilliant these days. We used to struggle chasing 250.

king_tubby

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fuck yeah RASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

Shoulders?-Stomach!

47 from 30 balls with 4 wickets remaining counts as a balls up I'm afraid.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Lots of chat about Gayle's 160 from 97 but fuck all about Buttlers 150 off 77 with 12 sixes?

Come the fuck on

undeliberated

What is point international limited overs cricket, what is point?

All be forgotten by Saturday.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: undeliberated on February 27, 2019, 10:44:33 PM
What is point international limited overs cricket, what is point?

All be forgotten by Saturday.

A odi century is almost reaching the worth of a test 50. It does make me think that for years our English batsmen thought an odi century was harder to come by. These days it's just a byproduct of sensible batting on a flat track. Genuinely, Boycott probably would have got over a dozen this day and age batting at four.

As for the lasting effect of the odi series, I don't see the need to be sniffy - can you meticulously recount the last five away tour test results in the West Indies? I can give you a guess at a few.

What is annoying is turning a five odi series into a total slogfest. For five games you should have a pacy wicket, a bouncy wicket, a spinners deck, a slow one and a swinging one, adjusted for the local conditions of course

poo

Sorry don't give a fuck about this one day shit

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Australia win the ODi series in India 3-2 after being 2-0 down.

Interesting in that India are still seen as being England's biggest threat in the tournament, have lost to a team that England virtually humiliated in their last series against them*

*No Smith, Warner or Starc