Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:23:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2017

Started by Shay Chaise, June 10, 2017, 03:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 19, 2018, 09:08:49 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/43872049

That six montage embedded below is quite something.

GET IN YOUR AUSSIE GRAVE

AND THEN GUESS WHAT

HERE HE COMES

IT'S ONLY FLIPPING GRAVERAPER

Conditions blah blah blah, Aussies are shite etc.

Just cunted the ODI world record by about TEN PERCENT against Australia.

That's phenomenal. It's literally a different game now.

Cuellar

True it was a complete annihilation, which was nice. Even of a shit team.

undeliberated

What is point limited overs cricket what is point

Cuellar

To really stitch up the Aussies.

At least this series will give the England players something nice to look back on when Australia win the next World Cup.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: leighhart on June 19, 2018, 09:56:18 PM
cmon guys enjoy that pants down no vaseline arseholing you just gave this absolute rabble of an Australian team. That was sweet

Listen to the bloke, if you can't enjoy days like today find something else to do with your (and our) time.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

poo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

So far making a chase of 311 look like a nice afternoon out. Very friendly out there.

Australia did the same to us in the Ashes of course, made any score we made above 400 the utter bullshit it was.

Mr Eggs

Very interesting finish in the final ODI. Bowled them out for dogshit then we basically gave them a six wicket head start. Buttler and Rashid chipping away, eight down, forty from sixty needed.

Amazing century under the circumstances against the Aussies.

Consignia

I was there. The atmosphere was drained from the football, since people were watching on a big screen just outside. But it was so exciting from the Buttler Rashid stand. Ball was looking like he might fall, but yeah great fun match to watch in the end.

My man, didn't realise you were a cricket fan.

RRR

I was going to go myself but the football took priority. Wish I'd been there.

monolith

That's probably the best all round performance from an English wicket keeper I've ever seen. Absolutely epic innings and had a massive hand in restricting them to 200 odd.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: monolith on June 24, 2018, 07:27:38 PM
That's probably the best all round performance from an English wicket keeper I've ever seen. Absolutely epic innings and had a massive hand in restricting them to 200 odd.

A decent shout, that.

After innings like this we should be sending more of our players to India to learn how to bat under pressure.

Buttler just went full frigorifico. 60 off 30 in the T20. Bummler. Australia getting one more colossal bumdozy.

Roy also a mother fucker. 44 off 26.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

All on Finch pretty much.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Oh no wait I just didn't refresh my page.

Mr Eggs

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Our one day side can even cope with Vin AIDSel in the side perfectly comfortably.

Onward to glory

Test series first
Bricking it lads

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteThat century is Joe Root's 13th in ODI cricket, making him England's leading century-maker.

He holds out his bat and drops it to the ground in 'mic drop' style.

Just imagine how angry Martin Keown would be at that if he liked cricket.

monolith

Wasn't sure if he hadn't noticed the score or just wasn't arsed as didn't think he would get there.

This ODI series and the match against Scotland has frustratingly shown why I don't think we will win the World Cup despite being the best ODI side in the world at the moment. Convincingly beat India in two out three but had an off day and got smashed in the other. Can't have off days during the knockout phase of the World Cup.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Your argument is the most consistently successful ODI team is the one most likely to win. Who is the most consistently successful ODI team in the last 2 years?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteEngland have won 38, lost 11 and drawn one of their last 50 completed ODIs and they have won eight series in a row. It's the first bilateral series in 10 that India have lost.

monolith

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 17, 2018, 09:32:24 PM
Your argument is the most consistently successful ODI team is the one most likely to win. Who is the most consistently successful ODI team in the last 2 years?
We will be one of the favourites on paper of course but the stat you posted is just another reason I would plump for India. We are consistent but we have more bad days than the great Australian teams of this century and we have a history of choking in big tournaments including the most recent one which was also at home. India have also been very consistent and whilst they've lost this series against us, they have as you say won the previous 9 and also appeared in the last two finals of world tournaments, winning one of them.

I would LOVE to be wrong of course. I'm not one for bookmarking predictions but I'd be shocked if this time next year I'm eating my words. Pleasantly shocked though.

Edit: And again, just a few games ago we lost to Scotland.

Scotland.

SCOTLAND.

rjd2

Would not take the Scotland result that seriously, it was a glorified warm up for them.

Sri Lanka, West Indies and Bangladesh are mediocre ODI sides.

Afghanistan obviously won't do much.

New Zealand are ok, but horribly reliant on Kane and Guptil. Not improved since there poor effort in the champs trophy.

South Africa have lost there best player and are poor in world cups. The quota issue is always in the background.

Pakistan will have the best bowling attack and love playing in England, but if its a road they can be beaten.

Australia can't keep the bowlers fit and didn't seem to much quality this summer in the odi series.

India have a gun top 3, but the middle order is dodgy and Dhoni is finished.

Not suggesting England are certain to win, but they are worthy favourites .