Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:38:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SEO for diddies.

Started by NattyDread 2, June 13, 2017, 01:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NattyDread 2

Hi all. After trying and failing to get an answer to this, not least from my site hosts, I thought I'd see if anyone here could help.

What I'm wondering is - does it affect my google rankings if I change my hosting to point to a different but similarly named domain? Before I changed it a few years back, the hosting and the domain name were the same and my rankings were decent. The business moved and I pointed the hosting at the new domain name, keeping the old one to redirect to the new. I've noticed since that the rankings could be better and I'm wondering if I might've made a basic error with the redirecting.

My hosting is due for renewal, so should I let it expire and redo it with the new business name so it's the same as the domain? Or does it not matter a toss?

Cheers

biggytitbo

If the redirect is a 301 then the search engines should treat the new pages as thoughhey were the old ones. But you'd have to ensure all links redirect like this and not just the root domain.

NattyDread 2

Cheers Biggy. Is that easy to check?