Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:58:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Phone battery drains when not in use ??

Started by armful, June 16, 2017, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armful

I've had a Vodaphone smart ultra six for about a year. Over the last few days the Battery life has gone to  shit , it will not hold charge at all. When I turn my phone off the battery life drains even faster. I am pretty rubbish  with technology, anybody have any ideas why this suddenly may have started happening ?

I have done a full factory reset ( lost some pretty precious photos of my goldfish in the process ) but I still have this issue

hermitical

any apps updated just before it went to shit?

armful

Quote from: hermitical on June 16, 2017, 04:49:46 PM
any apps updated just before it went to shit?

Not that I had noticed
how would I know if a certain App
was causing the issue ? thanks   

Uncle TechTip

A battery can fail, there are apps which will attempt to test the battery and tell you if it's really giving the required voltage.  But, if it's a year old and you are obviously paying Vodafone, I would head down the shop and ask them what they plan to do about it. If they are sniffy, just get all Sale of Goods Act on their ass. It's reasonable to expect a phone to last more than a year.

hermitical

Quote from: armful on June 16, 2017, 04:59:46 PM

Not that I had noticed
how would I know if a certain App
was causing the issue ? thanks   

As long as it is a little while since a charge then you can follow the instructions here
https://www.howtogeek.com/244748/how-to-see-which-apps-are-draining-your-battery-on-an-android-phone-or-tablet/

Shay Chaise

It's almost certainly the faulty battery rather than an app doing that much 'damage'. I've had similar in the past. These things are built to die, and it sounds like yours has been too effective at this. Take it back to the shop. Get a new battery.