Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:13:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2017/18

Started by Gurke and Hare, June 20, 2017, 10:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Carlton Palmer is available I hear.

Come on, Arsenal. Do me a favour. Fuck this succession up terribly please.

thraxx

The chances are they will. Whoever comes in will be expected to deliver a league challenging team right away, rightly or wrongly, with a time full of fey hipsters left over from Wenger and 2 or 3 marquee signings.

DrGreggles

Quote from: imitationleather on April 20, 2018, 11:36:25 AM
Come on, Arsenal. Do me a favour. Fuck this succession up terribly please.

Blinder Data

Brendan Rodgers is bookies' favourite but looking at the bookies on the first day is silly. Feels a bit soon for him to leave Celtic but if he gets a good offer it might be game over :(

Allegri, anyone? Or will the board appoint a total non-entity? In any case I look forward to the arseholes in the #WengerOut crowd trying to spin Arsenal's inevitable slide into mediocrity in the first few years post-Wenger.

imitationleather

Quote from: Blinder Data on April 20, 2018, 11:46:28 AM
Allegri, anyone? Or will the board appoint a total non-entity? In any case I look forward to the arseholes in the #WengerOut crowd trying to spin Arsenal's inevitable slide into mediocrity in the first few years post-Wenger.

Most of them have a memory that's ninety minutes long. Wenger will become a legend that no one else is living up to until the end of time the moment he hangs up his extra long club shop vagina coat.

George Oscar Bluth II

Allegri is leaving Juve at the end of the season isn't he.

Although maybe he'd be more likely to take the Chelsea job. They're a club in slightly less disarray.

ollyboro

Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley is on Talkshite right now. Hopefully he'll add some insight as to who Wenger's successor will be.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Unlike Fergie I reckon this team will improve after Wenger goes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Difficult to think Wenger wad always planning this exit at this time, as what has this year been in aid of exactly? I must assume this is a relatively recent decision; he thought "let's see what happens this year...oh".

Also this nrws just piles pressure on the team to win the Europa League, as if they didn't have enough.

Ferris

British Manager Club rubbing their hands together. Lovely soft-touch club, should be able to sting them for a few million. Needs a good football man in there.

Sherwood or Redknapp?

Obel

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 20, 2018, 01:03:06 PM
Difficult to think Wenger wad always planning this exit at this time, as what has this year been in aid of exactly? I must assume this is a relatively recent decision; he thought "let's see what happens this year...oh".

Also this nrws just piles pressure on the team to win the Europa League, as if they didn't have enough.

It was only 2-3 months ago he said in an interview he intended to stay until his contract expires in 2019. Pushed, I reckon.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 20, 2018, 01:06:06 PM
British Manager Club rubbing their hands together. Lovely soft-touch club, should be able to sting them for a few million. Needs a good football man in there.

Sherwood or Redknapp?

Pardew.

bgmnts

Quote from: thraxx on April 20, 2018, 11:35:32 AM
Tony Adams is the right man for the job. Or Ray Parlour.

Yeah i'm sure that team of bottle jobs that have been molly coddled for the past 5/10 years would love to be on the end of a Tony Adams mega-bollocking.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Obel on April 20, 2018, 01:52:27 PM
It was only 2-3 months ago he said in an interview he intended to stay until his contract expires in 2019. Pushed, I reckon

After being run close by Burnley for sixth place that's hardly surprising.

bgmnts

Not one away point in 2018.

Thats fucking abysmal.

Beagle 2

Goodbye Arsenal's rose
You were French and also quite tall
You signed Giles Grimandi and Wiltord
And they were both quite poor

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Beagle 2 on April 20, 2018, 03:27:14 PM
Goodbye Arsenal's rose

but your champions league knockout rounds
were like a candle in the wind

BlodwynPig

Take a tip from Arsene, yikes!
He can wear what he likes.
I recall, he started small
But he couldn't find-a-pocket or two.

Oh he couldn't find a pocket or two, boy
He couldn't find a pocket or two

and for Pardew:

I am the one who sings
A song of pain,
And find
Comfort inside
That song
I am the one who is calmed by tears
Rather than smiles
They're so familiar...
Taking no note of the
Poor results
Of sin
As a dog returnes to it's vomit
A man returns to sin
The time has come to realize
My destiny
And be thrown into
A new world of
Pain and regret

Deanjam

Wenger's successor revealed.

Norton Canes

I hope he changes his mind.

Z

I thought they basically had Tuchel lined up for this summer months ago?

This is a big moment for me anyway, the last of the dudes that were established figures when I was a kid fucking off. Buffon was around too but he was still viewed as a young goalie and was over there in Italy.

If Wenger winds up managing France after the WC, I'd say this one wound up being mutual tbh. Albeit via the board talking him into negotiating a 4 year deal with France.

Blinder Data

Tuchel is off to PSG apparently.

im barry bethel

Think it all comes down to do they want a Mr right now like Ancelotti or Allegri or Mr tomorrow like Nagelsmann or Di Francesco. Sarri would be a cheap option and fit with Kroenkes spend no money fetish

Danger Man

Quote from: Beagle 2 on April 20, 2018, 03:27:14 PM
Goodbye Arsenal's rose

You came to Arsenal in their time of need
And for the first year or two everyone thought you were a pead.........o

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Where are the street parties?

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Blinder Data on April 20, 2018, 04:45:16 PM
Tuchel is off to PSG apparently.

God why. You get two competitive games a season when you lose to the first elite club you play in the champions league and that's it.

im barry bethel

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on April 20, 2018, 06:11:12 PM
God why.

Kerching

Made me wonder who's kept their job the longest now Wenger's going?, Poch maybe and he's only been there 5 minutes

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteArsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere said: "Always a gentleman, like a father through tough times in my career. He always believed in me when most people didn't

Right up until being sent to Bournemouth for a year.

imitationleather

Quote from: im barry bethel on April 20, 2018, 06:18:32 PM
Kerching

Made me wonder who's kept their job the longest now Wenger's going?, Poch maybe and he's only been there 5 minutes

Poch will be the 3rd longest reigning, which is crazy really. Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche are ahead.