Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:31:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2017/18

Started by Gurke and Hare, June 20, 2017, 10:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteFormer Arsenal striker John Hartson, who played in Wenger's first match, told BBC Wales Sport: "English football and the Premier League owe him an awful lot.

"The stretching before matches and training, getting rid of the lactic acid, jogging around for 20 minutes before you even started - that had never been done before

I was made to do that with the rest of my Primary School football team in 1993. What the fuck is the cunt on about

bgmnts

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 20, 2018, 06:33:49 PM
I was made to do that with the rest of my Primary School football team in 1993. What the fuck is the cunt on about

Yeah not understanding that, its just a fucking warm up isnt it?

I guess thats more palatable to discuss than the micro managing of diets and nutrition and all thst boring shite.

finnquark

Claude from the Arsenal Fan TV wouldn't mind Pochettino. Why not? Couple of tinnies and talksport tonight, fucking mint.

22:00   
The Two Mikes
The Two Mikes see you into the weekend with their unique thoughts, opinions and philosophies.

DrGreggles

If Fulham had pulled their fingers out of their arses before November they'd have pissed the Championship this season.

ollyboro

I say, I say I say, what do Conrad Hilton Junior and Sunderland Afc have in common?

They both went down before Burton.

bgmnts

Well no point watching now. Half hour of Mourinho football.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tottenham still being a Tottenham

The art of winning nothing while looking fairly good

That was pathetic from Spurs, completely deflated the minute they went behind and never looked like rousing themselves for a comeback.

Ferris

Villa beat Ipswich 0-4 but the thriller of the day has to be Hull at Bristol. 5-5!! Phwoarr

finnquark

What better way to win the Evostik premier than beating Mrs Thatcher's boys 2-0 at their place. Even managed to be on commentary for the title sealing goal, a Martin Tyler like effort.

sevendaughters

I gambled on Wigan sealing promotion on Tuesday at a game I can go to but they only bloody did it today at a game I can't. Selfish, selfish, selfish.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: finnquark on April 21, 2018, 07:27:06 PM
What better way to win the Evostik premier than beating Mrs Thatcher's boys 2-0 at their place. Even managed to be on commentary for the title sealing goal, a Martin Tyler like effort.

Frickley with another bumper win (6-1 away to Gresley, Allott with 4 goals on his return). That's 111 goals in the league with three to play and we still look likely to finish 3rd and in the playoffs. Same with Tranmere, another 2nd place finish, another play-off shambles no doubt.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 21, 2018, 07:18:16 PM
Villa beat Ipswich 0-4 but the thriller of the day has to be Hull at Bristol. 5-5!! Phwoarr

yup, 4-2 up and I thought they'd be in for an outside play-off chance, but looks unlikely now. Could have been a good season if 3 of my teams got promoted through the play-offs, 1 fa cup, 1 Scottish title. But, alas nothing certain in this world.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Quote on April 21, 2018, 07:17:20 PM
That was pathetic from Spurs, completely deflated the minute they went behind and never looked like rousing themselves for a comeback.

They play at Wembley, they play in white, they're like yer Engerluuund, and play like shite.

bgmnts

At least the next Gangs of the EPL might be a good one.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 21, 2018, 07:43:47 PM
They play at Wembley, they play in white, they're like yer Engerluuund, and play like shite.

Give us a clue - is it Orient?

sevendaughters

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 21, 2018, 07:40:54 PM
Frickley with another bumper win (6-1 away to Gresley, Allott with 4 goals on his return). That's 111 goals in the league with three to play and we still look likely to finish 3rd and in the playoffs. Same with Tranmere, another 2nd place finish, another play-off shambles no doubt.

I remember hounding a Frickley player on a stag do, Gardner or something, scored a famous own goal. He took it very well and we had a chat in the lounge after.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 21, 2018, 09:27:27 PM
I remember hounding a Frickley player on a stag do, Gardner or something, scored a famous own goal. He took it very well and we had a chat in the lounge after.

Steve Gardner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw1G8l4bknM

back in the dark days of the last umpteen seasons.

sevendaughters

haha that's the one. it was at a 1-1 draw with Buxton. pretty sure some of my mates managed to get a soft yellow trumped up to a straight red. *wistful look out of window*

bgmnts

Arnautovic fucking lashed that in.

xmxmxmxmxmx

Look at these fucking mental scenes from a Kaizer Chiefs game

Warning: First 27 seconds are classic footie mayhem. After that a security guard is repeatedly kicked in the head by a total cunt

I was tempted to grab that footage and whack some horrid karaoke version of I Predict A Riot on it for Legend Lulz until the end.

Fucking grim.

Football though...it's all about passion at the end of of the day.

bgmnts

Quote from: xmxmxmxmxmx on April 22, 2018, 04:31:12 PM
Look at these fucking mental scenes from a Kaizer Chiefs game

Warning: First 27 seconds are classic footie mayhem. After that a security guard is repeatedly kicked in the head by a total cunt

I was tempted to grab that footage and whack some horrid karaoke version of I Predict A Riot on it for Legend Lulz until the end.

Fucking grim.

Football though...it's all about passion at the end of of the day.

That absolute cowardly specimen knocking out that poor steward with a boot to the face.

That was pretty nasty.

Squink

Wenger was sporting an excellent cardigan today. His decision to quit was a dark day for cardigan manufacturers everywhere.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hope Napoli can do it. Most European leagues are so stale at the moment.

imitationleather

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 23, 2018, 06:58:39 AM
Hope Napoli can do it. Most European leagues are so stale at the moment.

Me too. I also hope their success means they no longer need to rock the F1 driver in a press conference look on their shirts. It's just too, too many logos, man. They need to take a long, hard look at Roma. And copy them!

DrGreggles

It's nice that one of the 'big' leagues is still up for grabs at this stage of the season.
England, Spain, Germany and France have all been pretty much sown up since before Christmas.

Always good to see a bullet header too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

All teams to win the league consecutively should be rewarded by being forced to pay all outstanding debt to their creditors within a month of lifting the trophy aloft, or be liquidated.

sevendaughters

cracking own goal that. sidebar wanted to play me a video of a Notts County fan who "watches" the game in youtubers react mode, rip football, you had a good run.