Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2017/18

Started by Gurke and Hare, June 20, 2017, 10:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Rangers!!!

***fucking hilarious***

***new page hilarity***

BlodwynPig

Lovely stuff by Rangers DUP, getting tonked by Luxembourg's 7th best team

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Shay Chaise on July 04, 2017, 09:11:12 PM
Anyone else bored as fuck of this guy Squires? Yeah yeah yeah, I get your tone and one joke. Next.

No, not yet. Even if there isn't a huge variety I still laugh at something in most panels. Warren Barton, Schmeichel as a starfish, the exquisite use of a Simpsons' quote and Lawrenson's 'not' jokes being the reason for Keggy quitting all got me in this one.

phantom_power

Squires is great, and certainly not one-joke. His characatures are brilliant and use of references old and new are well done. He is the best cartoonist around

jobotic

Rangers is just beautiful.

Legend Terry at Villa, Redknapp at Birmingham. If only both sides could lose the derby.

Norton Canes

Just had a look at Pedro Caixinha's managerial history. He's not exactly a keeper, is he?

(er no, he's a manager. You know what I mean)

im barry bethel

Shay Chaise

KING ROON on his way back to Everton, apparently. I could give a fuck, personally, but hopefully he'll bring some more support from China, etc.

finnquark

So much to enjoy about JT singing Stand By Me at his inauguration dinner:

https://twitter.com/AndreGreen_/status/882700257347371008

phes

delicious willy-prod at 35 secs

Ferris

Quote from: jobotic on July 05, 2017, 09:40:56 AM
Rangers is just beautiful.

Legend Terry at Villa, Redknapp at Birmingham. If only both sides could lose the derby.

I'm a Villa fan & wish the media would leave us to our grief-hole in peace. Instead, we've signed Captain Leader Bellend for a year so now we have to put up with amusing sneers from Big-Six wanker journos who had forgotten we existed. And when we fail, I'll have to listen to the crowing on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast.

Life can be so unfair.

greenman

Lukaku seems like a better choice for Man Utd, Morata never looked like he was worth the vast amounts being talked about for me, scoring 20+ for Real isn't automatically a mark of great quality.

Shay Chaise

That said, I would absolutely love it - love it - if Everton flogged Lukaku for £100m and finished above United next season, which is very very possible.

Edit: Oh, just seen the actual news. £75m is a good bit of business for all concerned, I'd say. United have got one of the best young strikers in the world for what could turn out to be a bargain, if he spearheads their resurgence as a European power. Everton have got rid of the Premier League's premier flat track bully,  a disrespectful motormouth who thought he was above the club, who would have moved next summer for a smaller fee. Siggy, Rooney and Giroud and still change for a bacon buttie.

Obel

Siggy coming back to Spurs m888888888

Roy*Mallard

Quote from: Obel on July 06, 2017, 12:00:07 PM
Siggy coming back to Spurs m888888888

So he can be offloaded for no apparent reason, again? You're off your cake, lad!

He'll be a blue, and if i'm wrong i'll bare me bum in Woolies window!

DrGreggles

Wasn't Mourinho the Chelsea boss who didn't want Lukaku?

Norton Canes

No idea why any Premiership team would want Rooney now - they might as well plant a sequoia in the final third of the pitch. He should be off to that new England Legends' retirement home - what's it called? Oh yeah, Aston Villa.

Shay Chaise

Marketing, experience, China, youth players.

Hopefully he'll score a couple of penos off the bench.

BlodwynPig

The most underachieving overachiever

Norton Canes

Quote from: Shay Chaise on July 06, 2017, 02:13:32 PM
Marketing, experience, China, youth players.

Hopefully he'll score a couple of penos off the bench

Marketing - are Everton expecting thousands of fans to go Roon crazy? He f*cked off from the club at the first opportunity and is coming back now in the twilight of his career. Can't see many Evertonians frothing themselves into a frenzy given that.

China - wouldn't they be better investing in a Chinese player?

Youth players - what, to coach them? Or again, are they expecting droves of kids to start hammering on the door of the academy just because they've got Rooney on a free for the 12 months or so playing he's still got in him?

Hopefully he'll score a couple of penos off the bench - he'll need to, because if Everton have got any sense his arse will be firmly on the bench most of the time.

Obel

Quote from: Roy*Mallard on July 06, 2017, 01:33:47 PM
So he can be offloaded for no apparent reason, again? You're off your cake, lad!

He'll be a blue, and if i'm wrong i'll bare me bum in Woolies window!

So he can be loved and appreciated, damn it!

Spurs official Twitter randomly posted a video of all his goals for us the other day, getting my effing hopes up.

Shay Chaise

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 06, 2017, 02:45:43 PM
Marketing - are Everton expecting thousands of fans to go Roon crazy? He f*cked off from the club at the first opportunity and is coming back now in the twilight of his career. Can't see many Evertonians frothing themselves into a frenzy given that.

China - wouldn't they be better investing in a Chinese player?

Youth players - what, to coach them? Or again, are they expecting droves of kids to start hammering on the door of the academy just because they've got Rooney on a free for the 12 months or so playing he's still got in him?

Hopefully he'll score a couple of penos off the bench - he'll need to, because if Everton have got any sense his arse will be firmly on the bench most of the time.

I'm no fan at all and would happily not have him back but he'll be a decent overseas ambassador for the club, he's the biggest name we've had in the last twenty years and that stuff sells shirts. The Premier League is by far the most watched league overseas and he's still probably the biggest English name for a lot of foreign football fans. I'm approaching this from the utmost cynical angle possible because I don't think he has any other real value to the club.

That said, depending on his personality and motivation, he may be great with the number of young forward players we have, even including Sandro.

Captain Z

They're red, determined to stay in Europe at all costs and seem to have a magic money tree... hard to see Man Utd getting much support this season.

im barry bethel

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 06, 2017, 02:00:43 PM
Wasn't Mourinho the Chelsea boss who didn't want Lukaku?

I don't think it's that he didn't want him (in the same vein as de Bruyne) but more that Lukaku wanted to be the main man

Gurke and Hare

Rooney is utter dogshit and has been for at least the last three years. Any Premier League club that takes him on should be ashamed of themself. And as for the youth players thing, he should be kept as far away from them as possible in case he starts buying fags for them and taking them all to McDonalds every night.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shameless, yet another display of obscene vampiric transfer dealing handing more money and power to agents. It would be excellent if fate contrived to scupper them but it looks like they'll simply exhaust everything imaginable no matter what and no matter how appalling and base they look in the process. They can trot out Fergie and his old boys to try and pretend there's some grand tradition being upheld.

Gurke and Hare

The pathetic thing about this is the Manchester City fan style pretence that if a billionaire took over Newcastle and started pouring money in, you'd adopt some kind of moral high ground about the whole thing. Did you get very angry when Newcastle broke the world transfer record to sign Shearer?

BlodwynPig

Don't be so hard on the Session fan. He's still coming down from his Mickey Quinn fever dream

hewantstolurkatad

Rooney returning to Everton could be as much a long term move as anything, pull back some more of an association between him and Everton. I don't really think of him as an Everton player at all but a few photos of him as a teenager and a whatever he is now in the Everton jersey probably could help the brand a good bit.

Like, there's a genuine risk of Rooney being remembered as a possible "best English player ever" type candidate as time goes on, isn't there? Good chance he'll break the appearances record, he has the goals record, he was one of the best players in the league for years...