Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2017/18

Started by Gurke and Hare, June 20, 2017, 10:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Quote from: bgmnts on June 10, 2018, 07:08:28 PM
Soccer AID lads!!!

All these banter lads and ex footballers pretending to care about third world countries.

Or to put it another way, all these banter lads and ex footballers raise a shitload of money for third world countries while bgmnts implies he cares about third world countries while sitting on his hole and whining about it.

finnquark

Clive and Robbie have definitely been on the piss.

Mr Eggs

Clive gets his "Seamen comes out" in early.

bgmnts

Quote from: Utter Shit on June 10, 2018, 07:56:39 PM
Or to put it another way, all these banter lads and ex footballers raise a shitload of money for third world countries while bgmnts implies he cares about third world countries while sitting on his hole and whining about it.

I didnt imply I care. We would all play football once a year to raise a few quid if we had the profile i'm sure.

Maybe not you, I don't know.

bgmnts

I would love to see Usain Bolt at a professional football club.

Mr Eggs

Fat Sam spent half time invoicing Unicef for his petrol money.

Rolf Lundgren

FFS England let a 2 goal lead slip against a bunch of players who are mostly retired. Allardyce out.

Rolf Lundgren

It's not fair, they've brought Darth Vader on.

bgmnts

Darth Vader has the best run ever.

finnquark

McGuinness' Southgate moment

bgmnts

Probably a football team's wages for the year.

Did Williams take a quick glance at Gallaghers tits then or do my eyes decieve me?

phantom_power

Ivor Baddiel was credited as a writer on this. What did he write?

BlodwynPig

Just been to a cracking game this afternoon - Canada 2 - 3 Germany (the women). A goal after 51 seconds, a Canadian goal followed immediately by a German running up the other end and scoring with a world class strike. Sunburned but happy. Who needs the World Cup?

Looking forward to the World Cup.

imitationleather

Closing the weekend by watching some high-quality South American footy. The commentator, clearly not having a clue what any of the names of the players are, just refers to as them as "the adversaries". He has also called a corner kick a throw-in twice and not five minutes has passed. It's pretty entertaining. Reminds me of the commentary on FIFA '98. But how did he get this job? I want it!

DrGreggles

Is it the American BEIN Sports by any chance?

phantom_power

Anyone see Collymore calling Ian Wright a Tom and a cunt on Twitter the other day? Spicy

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: phantom_power on June 11, 2018, 12:12:46 PM
Anyone see Collymore calling Ian Wright a Tom and a cunt on Twitter the other day? Spicy

No, it's Twitter, if I wanted to look at a cesspit every day I'd have moved to Pontefract

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The vulgarity of SoccerAID aside, the concept of a team half ex-pros and half amateurs makes for a novel experience to watch, which the celebrity aspect and the charity element detracted from.

I'd say the football itself was oddly compelling.

Utter Shit

Without the celebrities the charity element would be redundant, and without the charity element the whole thing would be redundant. If it's just ex-pros you want to see, the Legends tournaments throughout the summer are shown on Sky Sports. But they're rubbish, because everyone is competent and you don't get to see Lee Mack trying to mark Usain Bolt or Anakin Skywalker skying a penalty in front of the black boxer from Game On.

BlodwynPig

The bus of square-jawed beige men.

phantom_power

I saw the last half hour and enjoyed it. They took it a bit too seriously at the end though with all the celebrations. You won a friendly lads. It's not the World Cup, or even the Intertoto

imitationleather

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 11, 2018, 02:19:32 PM
The vulgarity of SoccerAID aside, the concept of a team half ex-pros and half amateurs makes for a novel experience to watch, which the celebrity aspect and the charity element detracted from.

I'd say the football itself was oddly compelling.

I didn't see SoccerAID, but I did watch the Grenfell one (It was a charity match for Grenfell survivors. Not sure I needed to make that clear, but just in case!) where Mourinho played in goal for one of the teams. He did a touching interview about the fire and the victims after the game too. I was like "Gah, the man isn't a cunt after all, is he?" I almost wish I'd not watched it because ever since I've been very conflicted about him.

SoccerAID is the one where a few years back Boris Johnson did a Zidane headbutt on someone, isn't it? Everyone was like "lolboris!" and not "Hey, the Mayor of London just assaulted someone on TV in front of literally hundreds of bored people. Surely this isn't right." It was a warning of things to come.

finnquark

Take it everyone saw the moment of the game - Juan Seba Veron's dive:

Tapiocahead

I was at the socceraid game. It was one of the oddest evenings of my life

bgmnts

Lovely goal just scored in the Women's Wales vs Russia game.

imitationleather

I'm watching Sao Paolo v Vitoria. When six minutes of stoppage time at the end of the first half was announced (due to the sort of bust-up that seems to happen in every single South American game) the commentator said, in such a pained voice, "Agh! Six minutes?! That is just too much." It's been a really entertaining game, as well! Also I assume the guy is getting paid to commentate on this and isn't doing it as part of community service or something. While said bust-up was occurring he said, "Sigh. Well this is going to add ages to the half." Maybe he was desperate for a shit, I guess.

Another great moment was when a player gobbed on the pitch. Something which happens every match and always goes uncommented on. This guy says, "Huh. Well that was pleasant."

How commentary should be for me, Clive.

Norton Canes

Saw this on the When Saturday Comes Facebook page

Fingers crossed!

bgmnts

Jack Wilshere to West Ham.

100k a week to sit still in the middle of the park/on the bench/physio table.

What a shit career.

jobotic

Big deal, I get 300 quid a week to do that.

Oh, k.