Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,464
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:37:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TORONTO MEET - Friday July 7th 2017

Started by QDRPHNC, June 20, 2017, 04:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Yeah you douchebaaaaags read that right, CaB's first ever North American meet is happening in downtown Toronto on July 7th.

So far, it's BlodwynPig and me, QDRPHNC. FerriswheelBueller also recently outed himself as a Torontonian and hard drinker, so hopefully he can make it too.

And I know there's some yanks on here - any chance of a road trip north of the border you douchebaaaaags? Nothing personal, but it's a fuck sight easier for you to get here than for us to get there, with the fingerprinting, retina-scanning, etc.

Time and place TBD.

Mr_Simnock

Well if I win the lottery this weekend I'll be there, put me down as a maybe ;)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 20, 2017, 05:02:30 PM
Well if I win the lottery this weekend I'll be there, put me down as a maybe ;)

I'll put 200 quid towards your trip. You can fly Westjet for about that

Dex Sawash

I can't go to Canada because I am a felon don't have a passport.

BlodwynPig

Ferris

Think I'm up in cottage country that weekend. Let me check with Mrs FerrisWheelBueller, she usually knows this sort of thing.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 21, 2017, 01:02:07 PM
Think I'm up in cottage country that weekend. Let me check with Mrs FerrisWheelBueller, she usually knows this sort of thing.

Always excuses. Could invite us up to your cottage. I heard there are bears up there.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 21, 2017, 01:09:56 PM
Always excuses. Could invite us up to your cottage. I heard there are bears up there.

Bears, moose, raccoons; the full gamut. Also befriended the local chipmunks to the point where they come and sit on my feet until I give them food. That plus fishing, drinking shitloads of beer and starting fires, it's the absolute fucking best.

Unless you want to sleep outdoors though (you don't) there's no room at the inn

QDRPHNC

Right, of interest to almost no-one, but Blodders and I will be starting at Imperial Pub on Dundas around 6:30 / 7pm, followed by dinner at Little India on Queen West, assuming that man isn't standing at the back of Imperial selling all you can eat "burritos".

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 04, 2017, 07:36:46 PM
Right, of interest to almost no-one, but Blodders and I will be starting at Imperial Pub on Dundas around 6:30 / 7pm, followed by dinner at Little India on Queen West, assuming that man isn't standing at the back of Imperial selling all you can eat "burritos".

Back of Dundas square? I know the place, my office is not far. I'm leaving for cottage country 6am on Saturday morning but will try and sneak a few pints in. Sorry for being such a massive fucking flake, stupid old responsibilities getting in the way.

I'll let you know. Deffo won't be able to go further west for curry though. Shame because LI is great.

Glebe

You're all going on exciting adventures. It's not fair.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 05, 2017, 03:28:08 AM
Back of Dundas square? I know the place, my office is not far. I'm leaving for cottage country 6am on Saturday morning but will try and sneak a few pints in. Sorry for being such a massive fucking flake, stupid old responsibilities getting in the way.

I'll let you know. Deffo won't be able to go further west for curry though. Shame because LI is great.

Yep, Imperial is the last dive in a sea of tourist traps. Would be great if you could make it for a couple of beers.

BlodwynPig

Seconded.

I'm trying to get a phone number today - is Freedom ok? I know it's shit coverage but it's cheap and I don't really need a sim, just for occasions like this

QDRPHNC

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 05, 2017, 01:50:56 PM
Freedom is fine, as far as I know.

walking into their "store" was like walking into an episode of Twin Peaks.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 05, 2017, 02:40:44 PM
walking into their "store" was like walking into an episode of Twin Peaks.

Cheerful and otherworldly like classic Twin Peaks? Or frightening and with a low rumble in the background like new TP?

Up until about two months ago they were called "Wind". Chew on that.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Glebe on July 05, 2017, 07:30:01 AM
You're all going on exciting adventures. It's not fair.

Fucking get here then Glebe. Jesus.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 05, 2017, 02:54:14 PM
Cheerful and otherworldly like classic Twin Peaks? Or frightening and with a low rumble in the background like new TP?

Up until about two months ago they were called "Wind". Chew on that.

Yes, I spent ages in Jackson mall trying to find Wind and then the guy in Freedom said "we used to be WIND...the owls told us to escape the WIND"

It was a different store, but unsettling, lonely - somewhat desolate and unnerving.

I'm getting a lift with my boss to Toronto, so will head to the hotel first and check-in and then saunter across to the pub.

QDRPHNC

I've never been in Jackson Mall, but I think I've been in ones like it - stores at the quiet arse-end in the middle of the day.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 05, 2017, 07:19:34 PM
I've never been in Jackson Mall, but I think I've been in ones like it - stores at the quiet arse-end in the middle of the day.

There were some goats in there when I first arrived.

shiftwork2

Is this the first overseas meet?  Have fun you rascals.  Rickards White is nice, and Keith's is reliable and dare I say 'sessiony'.

Noddy Tomkey

Say 'hi!' to the Toronto Kid for me when you see him.

BlodwynPig

I watch City News every night and it's a pleasant and cheery whirlwind of news ranging from someone rearing turtle eggs to a pregnant woman getting shot by three home invaders...all delivered in exactly the same tone

QDRPHNC

Hah, yes. I used to be glued to City TV when I first got here. Thrilled that a TV channel shower movies like Ghostbusters in the middle of a weekday. A more innocent time.

QDRPHNC

Yeah, it's grim, but that's all part of the charm.

BlodwynPig

Classy. A pub, a library AND a lounge?
Heading off in 1 hour, so will text a bit later.

Hope the snow clears. I have no idea where this will take us, but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange.

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 07, 2017, 06:31:44 PM

Yeah, it's grim, but that's all part of the charm.

Great patio though, I remember when you could smoke up there (back when I used to smoke).

I'm looking unlikely for tonight, sad to say. Haven't even picked up booze for the cottage yet and I need to be in a reasonable state to do that and pack the car etc. Sorry :( will post on here if that changes

QDRPHNC

That's too bad, another time if tonight doesn't work out though.

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 07, 2017, 06:42:02 PM
That's too bad, another time if tonight doesn't work out though.

I feel guilty at the best of times (I would have made an excellent catholic). Definitely up for next time.

BlodwynPig

You're the Canadian ImitationLeather. Ffs

I'm in Toronto now and cooling down before heading into the big city (5 steps across the road)