Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:10:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TORONTO MEET - Friday July 7th 2017

Started by QDRPHNC, June 20, 2017, 04:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Saturday March 31? I couldn't stay too late though.

Or Friday April 20th. That's literally it for my weekends until May, I'm afraid.

Although my Mondays and Tuesdays are almost always free.

Broadview and Danforth is a good spot for pubs, although I don't think there's anything with the je ne sais quois of Captain Jack's.

BlodwynPig

Can do both.

PS. This Tuesday at The Pilot, Ferris, I believe QD will be joining for post lecture drinks.

QDRPHNC

Yep, Pilot on Tuesday.

March 31 would be good, but FWB is only good for Fridays?

Ferris

I can plan and move stuff around, but Friday's are my only pre-determined free days.

It's work. Usually I'm in the office and can stay til 9pm fairly easily with no warning so planning stuff in the week is a nightmare. I'm this close to resigning and telling them to stick their job though, so maybe that will change soon.

March 31 I'm in Montreal having a fancy meal so a no-go for me

Ferris

I'll tell my staff I have a family engagement and must leave the office tomorrow. I've decided I don't give 2 shits about that place so they can swivel.

What time for the pilot? I like a midweek pint to get me through

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 27, 2018, 01:06:14 AM
I'll tell my staff I have a family engagement and must leave the office tomorrow. I've decided I don't give 2 shits about that place so they can swivel.

What time for the pilot? I like a midweek pint to get me through

should be finished my presentation by 5pm, so will head there immediately after, so you're welcome any time you can make it after about 5:30

Ferris

QDRPHNC

I'll be there around 6 or a bit before.

Edit: Bah, no I won't. Sorry guys, I'm out tonight, something's come up.

Ferris

Good fun (probably better without QD).

Talk of a Jays game in the next few months if that works? I can pick up tickets/lend out jerseys/explain why baseball is amazing...

QDRPHNC

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 28, 2018, 12:48:40 PM
:(

You are invited to Jay's game though. 12$ hot dog, 11$ drink.

Last night was excellent, though Buster Sparkles was up to his old tricks.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 28, 2018, 12:50:43 PM
You are invited to Jay's game though. 12$ hot dog, 11$ drink.

That's why I'm sad.

Quote from: BlodwynPig link=topic=60793.msg3436722#msg3436722
Last night was excellent, though Buster Sparkles was up to his old tricks.

You ended up at Castro's? Or Buster appeared at the Pilot? Either way, did he remember where you're both from, "Rain Man" style?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 28, 2018, 12:53:34 PM
That's why I'm sad.

You ended up at Castro's? Or Buster appeared at the Pilot? Either way, did he remember where you're both from, "Rain Man" style?

He was in the pilot - "where's that dude, man, that Scottish dude with the beard"

"he's not here, mate"

"shame...damn shame, amiright!? AMIRIGHT!!!!? hi-five!"

Ferris

It veered towards tragic when he jumped on the tables and threatened the bouncer with a party popper, but overall he seemed in good spirits. I'll let him know the time and place for the next meet.

QDRPHNC

I can't help but feel Buster Sparkles is going to be new me at these meets.

He'd probably be more popular than me on CaB as well. Always cracking great jokes and remembering where people are from.

Ferris

Sometimes retaining that information for minutes at a time, with minimal prompting. High five!!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 28, 2018, 04:04:31 PM
I can't help but feel Buster Sparkles is going to be new me at these meets.

He'd probably be more popular than me on CaB as well. Always cracking great jokes and remembering where people are from.

Told me he's be "more than happy" to accompany me on a camping trip to Algonquin Park too. "Bears?! I seen bears comin' out of the asses of them pirate ships back home. No biggy."

QDRPHNC

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 28, 2018, 04:07:30 PM
Sometimes retaining that information for minutes at a time, with minimal prompting. High five!!

To be fair to Buster for a change, I can't remember where either you or Blods are from.

England?

BlodwynPig

Did we decide on a date? Its April already.

Ferris

Nothing set yet, but I'm mostly free for April and first half of May. Whenever works.

BlodwynPig

Could do around my birthday (25th)? too lazy to read what QDRPHNC posted about dates.

Ferris

QDRPHNC

BlodwynPig

24th it is, unless a fri/sat is possible to avoid work hangovers?

Ferris

Pencil me in for the 24th but be aware that I might get stuck at work with 0 notice

BlodwynPig

SO 24TH TUESDAY? Ferris, any chance you can confirm or do we have to be sorely disappointed.

VENUE?

BUSTER SPARKLES?

I'm at Fields all day and will be finished at 4pm and will start early even if you lot are chained to your desks/drawing boards.

Ferris

BlodwynPig

Ferris

I'll have my people call your people.

Ferris

Did we pick a place or what? Gabbys on king east would work...