Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:32:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars: Young Han Solo

Started by Bad Ambassador, June 21, 2017, 11:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Quote from: Mister Six on January 06, 2018, 02:29:41 PM
Also, he's a smuggler. So at the very least you'd expect him to be sneaking by Imperial blockades and conning stormtroopers that there's no cargo in his hold.

I think there's zero chance that Stormtroopers won't be in any Disney SW movie. If they do a Boba Fett movie, there will be Stormtroopers in it. If they did a spinoff Crystal Critters movie - and I bet they do - there will be Stormtroopers in it.

Shit Good Nose

Still waiting for that Bothans film.

Even better if Ian Botham gets a cameo in it.  As one of the Bothans.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on January 06, 2018, 02:42:43 PM

When I was a kid, I always thought that Mon Mecha-Mothra said "many boffins died to bring us this information", which amused me greatly.  Fascinating, right?

Mister Six

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 06, 2018, 02:41:36 PM
I think there's zero chance that Stormtroopers won't be in any Disney SW movie. If they do a Boba Fett movie, there will be Stormtroopers in it. If they did a spinoff Crystal Critters movie - and I bet they do - there will be Stormtroopers in it.

Yeah, I'm just saying that this talk about whether Solo would come across stormtroopers much is weird, given his occupation.

mothman

I'm trying to remember the one or two very early Han Solo novels (probably written by Alan Dean Foster) and how much they featured Imperials, if at all. Now I am remembering them, it strikes me how reminiscent they were of the TV show Firefly. Firefly was probably the closest we were ever going to get to a Han Solo TV series, really.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on January 06, 2018, 02:42:43 PM

And both Anns (Widdecombe and Diamond) (I'm sorry, I'm sure this joke has been done a thousand times)

buzby

It looks like they are definitely going with the ex-Imperial cadet part of Han's origin story (specifically he seems to be wearing an AT-ST Commander's uniform)
SPOILERS
Also a stupid-looking modifed version of the Falcon so they can sell yet another model of it.

Mister Six

Isn't that more or less the same as Finn's backstory though? I suppose the end result is different, but that's a bit boring.

buzby

Quote from: Mister Six on January 09, 2018, 12:42:39 PM
Isn't that more or less the same as Finn's backstory though? I suppose the end result is different, but that's a bit boring.
SOFT REBOOT

phantom_power

I thought the reshoots had pushed this back until Christmas but apparently it is still coming out in May

Mister Six

Blimey. I thought they were alternating prequel/sequel Star Wars films each Christmas. Didn't realise they were going full Marvel.

Kelvin

Quote from: Mister Six on January 09, 2018, 03:43:33 PM
Blimey. I thought they were alternating prequel/sequel Star Wars films each Christmas. Didn't realise they were going full Marvel.

They haven't yet. The Han Solo film was moved forward from Christmas 2018, I think. Then all the problems happened with the directors.

It only a matter of time, though.

phantom_power

Yeah there is no Christmas Star Wars film this year

Ant Farm Keyboard

Actually, every Disney/Star Wars film so far has originally been targeted for a May/summer release. Solo is the only one that hasn't been pushed back to December.

phantom_power

Seems strange that we haven't even had a teaser for this yet, despite all the problems

momatt

Maybe they haven't actually started filming it yet and they're planning to pull an all-nighter the day before it's released.

biggytitbo

Or they're going to project it live.

St_Eddie

I predict that a trailer will hit early February.  'Tis likely to coincide with the Super Bowl (February 4th), you see.

greenman

Is something else significant coming out next December that Disney want to avoid? Maori Parpins reboot and Jacksons Mortal Engines are the only things that come to mind.

The whiole thing do live as Noh theatre could be an option? the space battle scenes being between men in black suits with Millennium Falcon and Tie Fighter hats on would be something new anyway.

Custard

I imagine they're waiting a bit for the interest in TLJ to die down, before they punt out a Solo trailer

I predict......NEXT TUESDAY

St_Eddie

Quote from: greenman on January 17, 2018, 12:24:22 PM
Is something else significant coming out next December that Disney want to avoid? Maori Parpins reboot and Jacksons Mortal Engines are the only things that come to mind.

Well, absolutely those two but there's also the Transformers spin-off; Bumblebee, as well as Aquaman.  I'd say that May certainly has a lot less competition overall (although Solo is still slap bang in the middle of Avengers: Infinity War and Deadpool 2 during said month; there's scant little else in the way of competition).

Furthermore, the rumour mill is suggesting that Disney don't have much faith in Solo and are expecting it to do relatively poorly with critics and audiences; so it would make sense that they'd want as little competition as possible, whilst also leaving an extended period of breathing space between Solo and Episode IX in December 2019, to allow for any potential bad taste to leave audiences palates, in regards to Star Wars.  Also, don't forget that Mary Poppins Returns is another Disney flick, so it's feasible that they're trying to avoid competition with themselves as well.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: greenman on January 17, 2018, 12:24:22 PM
the space battle scenes being between men in black suits with Millennium Falcon and Tie Fighter hats on would be something new anyway.

+1 imaginary karma, for that mental image made me LOL in the office.

mothman

I now have this image in my head of the Battley Townswomen's Guild re-enacting the Battle of Yavin.

Malcy

Apparently reshoots starting today have delayed the trailer that was due out on Monday morning.

idunnosomename

WHy don't they just do one of those REAL teaser trailers where's it's like

"THIS SUMMER" *close-up of putting on iconic boots* "A hero" *close-up of spinning blaster then holstering it* "will go back...*

*record scratch*

"to school???"

*bell rings*
*Solo logo comes up on screen as Saved by the Bell theme plays*

Dr Rock

The stapline should be 'If you couldn't believe how crap the Clone Wars turned out to be in the prequels, just wait until you see how much better the Kessel Run was in your imagination!'

mothman

Tagline: "You'll feel every parsec."

St_Eddie

Quote from: mothman on January 17, 2018, 06:09:29 PM
I now have this image in my head of the Battley Townswomen's Guild re-enacting the Battle of Yavin.

And to think that I was the only one!

St_Eddie

A trailer for Solo has been rated and is likely to drop within the next 24 hours or so.  Also, here's a leaked set photo...

...that's an ewok in the display case on the left, by the way.  Shadows of 'The Collector' from Guardians of the Galaxy in this set, wouldn't you say?

Mister Six

That's just George Lucas's basement.