Author Topic: Star Wars: Young Han Solo  (Read 28310 times)

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • My RUBBISH
Re: Star Wars: Young Han Solo
« Reply #780 on: June 13, 2018, 04:55:17 PM »
ARMAGEDDON OUTTA THIS THREAD!

(I've never seen Armageddon)

« Reply #781 on: June 13, 2018, 05:22:24 PM »
I fucking hated Deep Impact. One of the worst films I've ever seen.

Armageddon was pretty stupid but it was quite enjoyable. I did remember giggling when he's saying goodbye at the end for some reason because it was so ridiculous.

Star Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #782 on: June 13, 2018, 05:47:54 PM »
Anybody who doesn't love Armageddon must have space dementia

SteveDave

• Buy my new LP out on 6 July 2018
    • BUY BUY BUY
« Reply #783 on: June 13, 2018, 10:38:43 PM »
I fucking hated Deep Impact. One of the worst films I've ever seen.

Armageddon was pretty stupid but it was quite enjoyable. I did remember giggling when he's saying goodbye at the end for some reason because it was so ridiculous.

"Take care of Gracie for me"
"HAAAARRRRRY! I LOVE YOU!"
"You're the man AJ"

Jesus I'm almost weeping just thinking about it.

Glebe

• That'll do, macaque, that'll do.
« Reply #784 on: June 20, 2018, 09:12:57 PM »

« Reply #785 on: June 20, 2018, 09:37:10 PM »
Yeah yeah, can't wait for the inevitable Jabba appearance.

.....what?  .......what's that you say?  .......no Jabba?  ......Darth......what, Vader?.........Darth.......Maul instead................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that point has already been made in this thread, but Jesus fucking christ.

Having said that, I enjoyed it a fuck of a lot more than Last Jedi.  It's completely empty and pointless, but it's light enough and entertaining enough to just about get by as a light hearted sci-fi action film.  Will never see it again, though.

The main positive for it for me personally would be that visually it was pretty nice to look at, at least in terms of designs that followed Rogue One in actually recalling the originals lived in style. Camera work/editing was nearly as good as that film though, perhaps a product of the rumoured lack of coverage with the original directors?

Besides that as you say pretty pointless but entertaining enough and with little that was offensively bad. Casting wise don't think anyone really flopped (Clarke seemed rather prequelish early on but improved somewhat I'd say) yet nobody really stood out that much either, ironically Bettany's late replacement role perhaps ended up being the most interesting one. Much moreso than Rogue One to me this felt like a film that had been rewritten, reshot and reddited to an inch of its life to the degree everything became so insanely unfocused and linear.

They really were taking the piss in terms of the stakes as well, not even Darth Maul in the end was it but a hint at him for the next film.

Having watched it I do still think The Last Jedi's reception is a big factor in it flopping, to me it seems like the kind of film that probably would have gotten a passable reception in a franchise with mostly positive hype around it ala Marvels lesser efforts but isn't anywhere near good enough to counter seriously negative feeling.

mobias

« Reply #786 on: June 21, 2018, 10:01:02 PM »
Exclusive: Future ‘A Star Wars Story’ Spinoffs on Hold at Lucasfilm.

Must try harder, lads.

I bet they'll just do them as a TV series now and sell them to Netflix. Probably better suited to the TV anyway.

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • My RUBBISH
« Reply #787 on: Today at 09:34:16 AM »
They'll pump out at least one more spin-off film, as they need a boxset called "Star Wars Spin-offs Trilogy"