Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:23:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Weird choices for video game voice actors

Started by asids, June 22, 2017, 06:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

Tom Baker and Paul Darrow also did voices for the Medievil games.
Darrow's done a lot actually, like Guy Siner (another Brit, well dual-nationalty actor who's done a lot of voice work in the states), he's done quite a few Star Wars games, doubling for Peter Cushing.

Glebe

Quote from: George White on June 27, 2017, 09:33:20 AMTom Baker and Paul Darrow also did voices for the Medievil games.

Ooh, right... great games!

George White

Jean Gilpin, who played a crush of Pike's in Dad's Army has done lots of gameswork.

FredNurke

There isn't much other work that Paul Darrow can do these days, the poor bastard.

George White

Quote from: FredNurke on July 12, 2017, 10:40:31 AM
There isn't much other work that Paul Darrow can do these days, the poor bastard.
Yes, getting your legs cut off and being confined to the world of badly dubbed scooter ads.
Medievil was before the amputation though.

George White

Adam Barker, the paedophile son of Ronnie appears in James Cameron's FMV game based on Titanic, but simply because his are scenes Cameron cut from the film.

Chairman Bodog

Brian Blessed in Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure.

Cloud

I seem to recall Don Beech from The Bill (Bill Murray) was in one of the CoD games?  I spent the whole game being completely unable to unsee him whenever he spoke.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cloud on October 18, 2017, 10:29:23 AM
I seem to recall Don Beech from The Bill (Bill Murray) was in one of the CoD games?  I spent the whole game being completely unable to unsee him whenever he spoke.

Billy Murray? I was just going to say that one voice actor I always remember is captain Price from CoD 4, mainly because shortly before that game came out my housemates and I were a little obsessed with this InjuryLaywers4U advert which he voiced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4JyKYVQ60s

In particular the comment that really should go unsaid in an ad for a legal service of "they're real lawyers..."

When CoD came out and we joined the dots from that to the advert we liked, we spent a lot of time saying things like "Soap...Soap! They're real lawyers, you know," and "I was going to pull fingernails from these ragheads to get them to talk, but they're real lawyers."

Good times.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 23, 2017, 09:42:23 AM
[tag]I HOPE THIS IS NOT CHRIS'S BLOOD[/tag]

Bit of a madeleine moment for me, that, as it's a line that my brother and I used to quote at each other relentlessly along with "Stop! Don't open that door!" and "What is this?!", so reading your tag made those lines and the weird crunchy footstep sound effects come flooding back to me, as well as my anus providing a runny sympathy shart for me to enjoy at the memory of that first cunt crawling along the floor to eat your legs.

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah, it's a bit of a shame it was redone for the gamecube/wii remakes and the DS version (that was otherwise very similar to the psx/pc versions with the dodgy voice acting).

I would say Christopher Lloyd in Toonstruck.

But considering he appeared in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, making him the sole human in a cartoon world was hardly a "weird choice".

George White

Fable I/II/III - Hugo "Treguard" Myatt, Jennifer Saunders, Julia Sawalha, Oliver Cotton, Stephen Fry, Zoe Wanamaker, Alan Ford, Chris Fairbank,  Colin McFarlane, Dave Lamb, Adjoa Andoh, Jonathan Cecil, James Corden,  Jon Glover, Sean Pertwee, Simon Greenall, Rosie Cavaliero, Richard Ridings, Ben/Robbie Stevens of Terrahawks fame, Vas Blackwood and Stephen Greif, the third one - III, Cleese, Bernard Hill, Michael Fassbender, Ben Kingsley, Kellie Bright, Rufus Jones, Lucy Gaskell, Sarah Hadland, Edward Hardwicke, Jason Manford, Joseph Millson, Josette Simon, Tony Marshall from Life on Mars, Simon Williams, Ramon Tikaram, Jonathan Ross, Green Wing's Karl Theobald, Grange Hill's Stuart Organ, Mark Heap, Andrew Buchan, Matt Di Angelo  and good old David De Keyser, one of the kings of voiceovers/dubbing (Bonds and Hammer, especially) in Britain.

St_Eddie

Samuel L. Jackson in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

I would also care to take this opportunity to declare that Barry Burton is a fucking legend.  LEGEND BARRY.

boki

Quote from: Thursday on June 25, 2017, 03:47:49 PM
Bloodborne and Dark Souls having actors from The Bill and Casualty, who seemingly with no other video game credits to their name.
The female Wii Fit trainer was voiced by an actor who'd been in The Bill, too.
not that I ever had the sort of mild infatuation that urged me to look this up a few years ago

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: St_Eddie on December 13, 2017, 06:00:52 AM
Samuel L. Jackson in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
He's a popular actor, well known for playing larger than life types in crime films. It seems like obvious casting.

Speaking of GTA, Cara Delevingne - then better known as a fashion model than as a person who talks - in the voice only role of one of the radio DJs in GTA5.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on December 19, 2017, 03:35:13 PM
He's a popular actor, well known for playing larger than life types in crime films. It seems like obvious casting.

Aye, you're absolutely correct.  It just seems odd to me because I would never have expected to hear Samuel L. Jackson cropping up in a GTA game.  I thoroughly enjoy the GTA series but it seems as though it would be beneath him somehow.

George White

Richard Easton from the Brothers and Doctor Who - Time-Flight pops up in GTA V too, in  voice and likeness as Nigel the British tourist.

George White

Sta Wars the Old Republic has the most insane cast for a game. Among regular video game/animation voices like Maurice Lamarche, Kevin Michael Richardson, Robin Atkin Downes, Paul Darrow, Jennifer Hale, Nolan North and David Hayter,  we haev Rachel Leigh Cook, Olivia Hussey, Stacy "Seaquest" Haiduk, Bertie Carvel, Broadchurch's Mark Bazeley, Kristoffer Tabori, Edward Hibbert, Lacey Chabert, Tony "brother of Joan" Armatrading, Doug "Pinhead" Bradley, Francis Guinan (Marshall's dadin Eerie, Indiana), CHiPs star/father of Chris,Robert Pine, Alan Fudge from the Man of Atlantis, Alec Newman, Alan "Bullshot" Shearman, Armin Shimerman, Bianca Lawson, Christopher Neame, Christopher Godwin (ofPorridge the movie and Astronauts fame), Clive Revill (who does mostly voice work now), Dave Lamb, David Rintoul, BBC radio voices like Eve Karpf, Gary Martin and Don McCorkindale, Elliot Cowan, Ivan Kaye, Graham McTavish, James Russo, Brush Srokes' Harry van gorkum, Jamie Bamber, Julian Holloway (who now does a lot of voice work, altohugh I wonder with Godwin being there, was the voice director a fan of Porridge the movie) Julian Sands, Julian Wadham, Juliet Landau, Keith Szarabajka, Jonathan Cake, Joseph Millson, Laraine Newman, Malcolm Sinclair, Martin Jarvis, Mark Lewis Jones, Miles Anderson, Matthew Labyorteaux, Nicholas Boulton, Phil Proctor, Richard Ridings, Rob Rackstraw (Brit cartoon voice du jour), Reno Wilson, Grange Hill's Stuart Organ, Sherman Howard, Bub the zombie in Day of the Dead, Tim Bentinck, Thomas  Wilson, Toby Kebbell, James Russo, George Coe (not Cole, US character actor, Kramer vs Kramer,etc) and Victoria Hamilton

George White

Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic's cast is  big too - Ed Asner, Rafael Sbarge, Zita Steptoe, JB Blanc, Tom Kane, Ethan "Neelix" Phillips, the Bill's Seeta Indrani. Drop the Dead Donkey's Ingrid Lacey, Anthony May (star of 1970's No Blade of Cross - done lots of Bill and Casualty), the Feathered Serpent star/ex Mr. Rula Lenska, Brian Deacon, Andy Secombe not playing Watto, Kelly Hu, Sara Kestleman, Kristoffer Tabori,  and otherwise entirely Australia/New Zealand-based Home and Away/LOTR actor David Weatherly,  voice regulars Jennifer Hale, Jim Ward, Jess Harnell, James Horan and Corey Burton, Neil Ross, Nick Jameson, Robin "son of Leonard" Sachs, RinoRomano, Phil Lamarr, Pat Fraley, Neil Jameson, Simon Templeman (of the BBC's Talisman) the other Michael Gough, Brian George, Daran Norris, Frank Welker, Gregg Berber, Cam Clarke,  Grey Delisle, and Kevin Michael Richardson.

Ramon Tikaram, Stuart Organ, Lewis Macleod and Daniel Hill all voice the Tintin game. The later Fables - Adjoa Andoh, Andrew Buchan, Zoe Wanamaker, and good old David de Keyser.

The original Fallout has featured Kurtwood Smith, Jeffrey Jones, Michael Dorn, Ron Perlman, Peter Jason, Dwight Schultz, Kenneth Mars, Tony Shalhoub, David Warner, the Ink Spots (!), Richard Moll, Keith David, Clancy Brown, CCH Pounder, Tony Jay, Brad Garrett, alongside the likes of Charlie Adler, Alan Oppenheimer,Michael Bell, Jason Marsden, Tress McNeille, Dee Bradley Baker, Kath Soucie, Cree Summer, Kevin Michael Richardson, Jeff Bennett, Jim Cummings, Brian George, Larry Cedar, Cam Clarke, Earl Boen, Grey delisle

St_Eddie

George White

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 15, 2018, 04:29:13 AM
LeChuck!
Yes, I know him more as a "that guy!", Terminator, Battle Beyond the Stars, and also a lot of cartoons.

bgmnts

Peter Dinklage in Destiny. Just didn't work. Most actors are poor voice actors.

Sebastian Cobb

Rik Mayall in Hogs of War.

'You're not very good at this are you?'.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 15, 2018, 10:52:35 PM
Rik Mayall in Hogs of War.

'You're not very good at this are you?'.
best part of that game

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: bgmnts on February 15, 2018, 01:01:58 PM
Peter Dinklage in Destiny. Just didn't work. Most actors are poor voice actors.

I actually preferred Dinklebot to the guy that replaced him, he did just fine, its just he was given an absolute dogshit script to work with.

bgmnts

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on February 15, 2018, 10:59:25 PM
I actually preferred Dinklebot to the guy that replaced him, he did just fine, its just he was given an absolute dogshit script to work with.

Fair dos.

Actually the guys from Dynasty Warriors 3 are pretty special but I dont think thats a case of poor voice actor choice.

Twed

Quote from: George White on June 25, 2017, 07:35:59 PM
Jon Pertwee also voiced a few characters too.  And Kate Robbins.  And Eric Idle as Rincewind.
And Tony Robinson