Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:54:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Millennium Box-Set

Started by 12 Storey Crisis, December 09, 2004, 08:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I purchased this recently, never saw it the first time around but must say I was blown away. It was the series Chris Carter embarked on after the X-Files, with Lance Henriksen investigating such cheery cases as the Orwellian death cult who fed doubting Thomases LSD and incinerated them in a giant microwave; a serial killer who made kids watch as he slaughtered their parents; and a really rather unpleasant chap who kidnapped teenagers, bound them-up in a cellar and force-fed them human blood.

Like I say, not the most upbeat material, but it was brilliantly executed (if you'lll pardon the pun). Stunning visuals, great cast, excellent soundtrack (Blur, X, Talking Heads, Nine Inch Nails, PJ Harvey, White Zombie, America, Black Flag, Patti Smith etc) and outstanding storylines.

Admittedly, the quality dipped slightly in the third season and the X-Files cross-over episode was pish, but you can't have every way I guess.

Any other fans lurking round these here parts?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Hell yeah, I used to love that show when it was on ITV, but they seemed to bump it about a lot and never showed the last season as far as I could tell. Still, it was an excellently atmospheric show, far better than the X-Files IMO (that's the first time I've ever writen IMO, tee hee) and a great way of shitting yourself up before bedtime.

Des Nilsen

What I caught of Millennium, I enjoyed. Thing is, I usually don't bother with anything regularly on Sky 1, I don't know why... simple habit I suppose. I'm used to the terrestrial channels.
I've not seen nearly enough of it, so thanks for mentioning this 12 Storey Crisis. I may well buy this box set. ;)

-

Regular John

I caught Millenium a few times and Lance Henriksen is really intense in whatever role he plays!

I bought the "box-set" (9 episodes only) of the cancelled 1999 Chris Carter series "Harsh Realm" which is extremely good aswell. It got canned because it bears a striking resemblance to The Matrix which was released that year aswell. Definitely recommend it, though you understandably get left hanging on major plot points.

Quote from: "Des Nilsen"What I caught of Millennium, I enjoyed. Thing is, I usually don't bother with anything regularly on Sky 1, I don't know why... simple habit I suppose. I'm used to the terrestrial channels.
I've not seen nearly enough of it, so thanks for mentioning this 12 Storey Crisis. I may well buy this box set. ;)

-

You should dude, it's awesome. The previous poster mentioned that it was better than the X Files...and then some! I also think the writing is superior to that of 24, The OC and whatever other lame-arsed drama series are enjoying critical acclaim at the moment. For me, it's up there with The Sopranos, Six Feet Under and Twin Peaks as a really first rate US drama series. Totally unbelievable that something so hardcore and uncompromising was broadcast on Fox of all places (Carter's stated mission was to do something "as scary as Seven or Silence Of The Lambs on a weekly basis"), but I believe CC had carte blanche after the sweeping success of The X-Files.

Anyway, anyone who's wavering should go for it.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

WOAH! I was thinking of asking for this for Xmas but it's 70 quid. Maybe I'll pick it up in LOL NO january sales.

Regular John

http://tvondvd.freewebpage.org/

I just found that page looking for a release date on the second series of Jeremiah. Loads of DVD sets of officially unreleased and cancelled series. Very good prices at the minute so I ordered Jeremiah Season 2 and Space: Above & Beyond Season 1 for £30 shipped.