Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:10:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Weird news appearing on Yahoo.com...

Started by Z/Sb, December 09, 2004, 09:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z/Sb

I don't know what's going on with America's Yahoo but this week they've had some noteworthy items of so-called news... I'm thinking someone is either taking the piss because it's near Christmas or they're desperately trying to find news which isn't to do with Iraq, George Bush, or anything else which is bad news and world dominating...because it's near Christmas.

Recent top, headlining stories:
Today:
"Video Games Used to Relax Kids in Hospital"
Letting children play video games on a Game Boy in the operating room before undergoing surgery can help relax them better than tranquilizers or holding Mommy's hand, researchers say. No, really? That's news to me! This is news?! That's almost a Viz pisstake, surely (along the lines of their Top Tips)...

But this one is my favourite from yesterday:
"Concussions Kept Tintin Forever Young"
Comic book hero Tintin never aged during his 50-year career because the repeated blows he took to the head triggered a growth hormone deficiency, according to an analysis in the Christmas edition of a Canadian medical journal.
Someone's getting paid a lot of money to study crap like that!

I'm really glad someone other than me has noticed this. Other weird headlines I've spotted on Yahoo in recent weeks include 'Man Sets Record For Burgers In Mouth' and 'Thai Zoo Halts Orang Utan Boxing Matches'.

Z/Sb

Quote from: "12 Storey Crisis"'Thai Zoo Halts Orang Utan Boxing Matches'.

I can almost hear Christopher Morris announcing that as one of the headlines on "The Day Today"...