Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:00:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Photoshop, Corel Painter, BlenderMS Paint and other digital dick drawing dtools.

Started by Bhazor, June 24, 2017, 10:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhazor

Originally posted this in the Game Bargains thread. But its such a bargain, plus not a game, that I thought it deserved its own thread.

Quote from: Bhazor on June 23, 2017, 05:17:37 PM
Not a game but Humble currently has a bundle with the rather good digital illustrator Corel Painter Essentials 5 which comes with the Particle Shop brush plug in and Corel's photo manipulator AfterShot 3. Combined they make for a pretty solid alternative to Photoshop, what it loses in features it more than makes up for in user friendliness. Certainly I much prefer drawing in it than in Photoshop where its so feature dense and complicated that one wrong button press and suddenly your blue paint is drawing orange and every pencil stroke is being saved as a seperate layer.

Usual price for the three is around $120. Now on Humble Bundle for $10. Its a couple years old now but when Photoshop costs $15 a month and the newest Corel Painter 2017 costs $350 you can see that $10 for bundle is a pretty good deal.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software-bundle

Anyone got any experiences with software like this? Anyone got any digital work they're especially proud of?

Twed