Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:11:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TV episodes you thought were in different shows.

Started by George White, June 25, 2017, 06:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

I've heard people remembering things in Doctor Who that were actually other shows, e.g. the Department S ep "Last Train to Redbridge", the similar Adam Adamant episode with the tube train skeletons, a few Tomorrow People episodes and Blake's 7 episodes. And vice versa. I know some people who thought Spearhead from Space was an Avengers/ITC show.

Gurke and Hare

Last week I spent ages trying to find out which episode of Seinfeld it was where George goes on Jeopardy and gives the incorrect answer "Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?" It was only after spending ages that I remembered it was actually Cliff in Cheers I was thinking of.

George White

Not a TV show, but I merged the People that Time Forgot and the 1960 Lost World in my head.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Not quite the same, but my dad, a fan of trawler-fishing shows such as Deadliest Catch, was sorely disappointed when he tuned into Geordie Shore.

George White

I had a similar thing when I turned into short-lived BBC Switch's shortlived Canadian teen soap Falcon Beach, expecting Falcon Crest being shown ironically to teens.

pigamus

Quote from: George White on June 25, 2017, 06:21:38 PMAdam Adamant episode with the tube train skeletons

Threads Where You Come To Post A Thing To Look Clever And It's There In The First Post Grrrr

George White

A lot of Aussie series, e.g. the Lost Islands, Phoenix Five almost go too far in trying to come across as generic-Commonwealth.

George White

I remember thinking as a kid, Joshua Jones and Star Hill Ponies, two stop-motion shows from the Fireman Sam people were the same.

George White

I once merged in my head two episodes of Bonekickers in my head as one, but that's one show. I remembered the Zealots targeting Eamonn Walker as President not-Obama but actually the Zealots were in a different ep.
Any other examples?

George White

Quatermass and Children of the Stones and Doctor Who: The Stones of Blood.

George White

Weird one - I was four or something at the time, but I did think because they used the phrase "family affair" in ads for the Sopranos and James Gandolfini in my eyes looked a bit like the young Dara O'Briain, I thought it was a spinoff of RTE gameshow It's A Family Affair, hosted by O'Briain.

I also thought that the Pelham puppet Mrs. Oblige was something to do with the Autons in Doctor Who.

George White

My mum remembers an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents with a living doll. I don't know if there is one. She described essentially Chatty Cathy from Twilight Zone, but denies it is this. It might be this. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0394103/ Maybe, a memory clash.

George White

Sebastian Cobb

I was sure there was an episode of Columbo where Jack Klugman turned up as a murdering doctor. But google suggests that was Diagnosis Murder, I think I might be mixing it up with the Columbo episode starring Leonard Nimoy.